The TrackPoint™ is in the wrong place, it should be where the trackpad is

The TrackPoint™ is in the wrong place, it should be where the trackpad is.

Debate me, you will lose.

Attached: trackmeme.jpg (500x303, 88K)

Ur wrong

No

The whole point is that you can keep your hands on the keyboard while controlling the mouse pointer.
Doing what you suggest removes the advantage that trackpoints have.

>it should be where the trackpad is

user, it's time to learn touch typing.

trackpoint is shit anyway.
Just make a laptop with proper trackball.

you're retarded and touchpads are retarded too

>Doing what you suggest removes the advantage that trackpoints have.
Wrong. Right now you have to move one of your fingers to the middle of the keyboard, which is uncomfortable.
By moving it to where touchpad is, you can control it with your thumb, without moving other fingers.

you have to move it one key away from the resting postion

Not having a TrackPoint where the trackpad is is annoying because sometimes you're sitting in such a way that reaching to the keyboard is uncomfortable and fucks up your wrist.

You are like little baby.

>inb4 hurr wangblows 10

Attached: memee.jpg (800x600, 73K)

1.5 keys. Also, I hate moving my fingers there, it's extremely uncomfortable, so I have to move my whole hand just to use trackpoint, which defeats the purpose somewhat.

>sometimes you're sitting in such a way that reaching to the keyboard is uncomfortable and fucks up your wrist.
How the fuck do you use your computer if you can't reach the keyboard?

Attached: 1526688294765.png (472x508, 6K)

Now I know this board is full of boomers because you faggots actually use that 90's nipple mouse.

home row

>*sips starbucks*

Thumbs

>going to Starbucks in 2018
Spotted the boomer.

It's been more than a month since I bought a T530
Now I don't have to carry a mouse anywhere I go and using touchpads feel like a handicap now

Attached: [RH] Kyoukai no Kanata - 02 [Dual Audio] [BDRip] [1080p].mkv_snapshot_16.28_[2018.05.26_10.22.44].pn (1920x1080, 3M)

subjective faggot

Oh shizz, that's what I use.
Yeah, here is the thing. When you debate people, both sides need to be able to have an open mind for anyone to win. If one is open minded, or even none, debate does not work.

Both are too stubborn to admit defeat, or even to take other opinions in consideration. They dump their own, and deflect any words coming at them, regardless of quality.

Anyway, you're either a complete faggot or a fisherman with a fuckload of bait on his rod.

>subjective faggot
Actually pretty objective. That's the reason Colemak Mod-DH exists. "D" and "H" are used pretty often, so having it in the middle columns was too discomforting.

I bet you move/shift your entire hand when you use the trackpoint. So the "home row" argument falls apart.

agreed 100%
Whoever put it in the middle of the fucking keyboard is retarded

then they would have to move the mouse buttons to the middle of the keyboard.

Put your thumb where you want to put the trackpoint and then try clicking and see how far your finger has to move.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-06-27 22-58-52.png (129x217, 45K)

>then they would have to move the mouse buttons to the middle of the keyboard.
1. No.
2. You can put them slightly off-center or even have 2 of them (one for each thumb) with buttons around them or even left where they currently are.

Attached: Screenshot_20180617-235952.png (1080x1920, 452K)

3 buttons

You have 2 thumbs.
You don't need to press more than 1 mouse button at the time.

You have 2 thumbs.
You don't need to waste one not doing anything while the other is on the trackpoint

I don't get it. What do you propose?
Having two thumbs means that you can have all the functionality of the current implementation with better ergonomics. You can even continue typing while using the trackpoint.

You finger a girl with your thumb as well, right?

Attached: 1522198813660.jpg (313x330, 13K)