What is the best book for learning C?

What is the best book for learning C?

Attached: A3DA2CA6-D20E-4ECA-AC2B-A0134617289F.png (400x400, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

libgen.pw/item/detail/id/276622?id=276622
blog.robertelder.org/switch-statements-statement-expressions/
c-faq.com/
cgit.freedesktop.org/cairo/tree/src
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

this one, it's great and I'm gonna shill it here forever because it's a real quality book
libgen.pw/item/detail/id/276622?id=276622

This is what I used to start understanding programming

Attached: 1482449552002.png (255x204, 50K)

This one.

Attached: 41gHB8KelXL._SX377_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (379x499, 33K)

learn java and get job instead

I've been using C for dummies, did I fuck up?

This.
K&R is the shit.

It's probably fine, but you have to be careful with C books.

It's been fine so far desu, just a shame all the examples use code::blocks which is a piece of shit

Just finished chapter 1 and it's exercises, been loving it.

C primer plus

What is the best book for learning C++?
And why it's Prata?

OP asked for books to learn C not C++.

Too bad it costs more than it should unless you buy the Pajeet international version

I am also have a question. Sure that there isn't any reason to dublicate these threads.

>tfw learned C from manpages and reading OpenBSD source code and never read a beginner-level book

Yes

Attached: rust.jpg (195x258, 15K)

congrats on being autistic

Attached: 1498595264224.jpg (2000x2610, 1.87M)

it came naturally to me

I’m glad you came out of the closet user.

i can read k+r
i can learn it all
i can figure out how it will work
but i dont know why it works other than >dunno, it just does

???

Do you mean why the programming syntax makes the computer do things? I recommend Computer Systems: A Programmer's Perspective

Please tell us more, what did you find so good on that book?
Isn't that the C guy who made a C++ book where he teaches it "the C way" and everyone hates him for it?

oh, so that's why C Primer Plus is recommended but C++ Primer Plus is hated? I wondered about this just today earlier

This book is not even a meme. Although I know C I read the first and it is very nice. Kernigan and Ritchie really knew how to write tech books that you can understand. Since the book is so beloved here even though it's a bit dated I wonder how feasible would it be to start yet another Jow Forums project where we revise the book to find mistakes and odd things not applicable for the C programmer in 2018. What do you guys think?

>Size: 102 mb
what

its a virus

I'll make the logo

this is pretty much the definitive C book

i don't see how the ide/compiler would make a difference
no reason you can't use something else and gcc/clang

although firefox did flag it as a virus it looks like its just huge because its a photo of every page instead of just the text

Primer

DO LEARN Z80 ASSEMBLY 1ST

>although firefox did flag it as a virus
firefox flags everything from libgen as a virus
look it up if you don't believe me

Isn't it a bit outdated?

the entire language is yeah

Shouldn't the recommended book be something released after the most recent ISO standard?

Proud of you user, be sure to join us in

Oh vous
:3

Got it for 8€ on ebay, with extra personalized notations from the previous owner (YEAY!), a super vintage look (YEAY!). It's like I got the hyper-vitage-collector edition.

I can and I do, but they dedicate an entire chapter to the interface, which I then don't use.

I have a few years of C experience from working on big projects (game emulators and such) all alone and mostly for fun. I think I have a fairly solid hold on it, but I literally never read anything at all related to programming and I'm probably missing a bunch of entry-level concepts even though I can handle deeper stuff.
Should I read a starting book for pajeets or something more elaborate? I want to improve my skills and understanding.

try Expert C Programming: Deep C Secrets
I always find out some place of C specifications that surprise me (although I would never use them in serious code because how unintuitive they sometimes are)
or this guy's blog blog.robertelder.org/switch-statements-statement-expressions/

This one.

Attached: 26436.jpg (318x410, 28K)

based and redpilled

C for dummies

C Programming Language, 2nd Edition
From the creators themselves, terse and to the point. Their coding style is used by the linux kernel.

Expert C Programming: Deep C Secrets
Outdated but a good history lesson on the gotchas and tricks of C.

C Programming: A Modern Approach, 2nd Edition
A big, detailed book that covers C99, common gotchas of the language, and how to break up large projects into multiple source files and headers.

c-faq.com/
More gotchas. Especially read the Arrays and Pointers section to really grok C.

The Linux Programming Interface: A Linux and UNIX System Programming Handbook
Gigantic, detailed book that covers making real programs entirely in C.

Now go find examples of large projects written in C and read them.
cgit.freedesktop.org/cairo/tree/src

it's shit