So, which is better these days: AMD or Nvidia?

AMD has open source drivers and FreeSync which doesn't rip everyone off. Nvidia has better performance. Both are overpriced right now.

Attached: amd-vs-nvidia.jpg (1920x1080, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamersnexus.net/pc-builds/3153-budget-gaming-pc-build-under-500-single-vs-dual-channel
youtube.com/watch?v=1p9lySsrYcw&t=3s
newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=-1&IsNodeId=1&Description=rx580&bop=And&Order=PRICE&PageSize=36
newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=-1&IsNodeId=1&Description=gtx 1060 6gb&bop=And&Order=PRICE&PageSize=36
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nvidia has CUDA, so they automaticaly win for me.

AMDs to poor to compete and gaymers are one of the most retarded groups of customers you could image. That's why amd doesn't give a fuck anymore and let's nvidia rape those razor loving kids wallets. Nvidia uses this revenue to increase their leadership in hpc and machine learning, making intel so jealous they are going to make their own gpus. AMDs cards don't get utilized properly (AMDs fault) making it practically impossible for nvidia to be worse than them. That said nvidia is a pretty shitty company and their gpus are as overpriced as intels processors were in 2016. I wouldn't give NVIDIA even a cent, yet amd(rtg, not really thrit cpu division) is also that shitty that they don't deserve anything of my shekels either. That's why you don't buy any graphics card. Grow up.

That said, if you need something for compute that isn't eth or xmr mining you will obviously choose cuda.

WTF I love AMD shitty GPUs now.
Thanks a lot Rasheed.

btw OP unless AMD manages to license CUDA or something on that level and shove it in their next architecture they will continue losing to nvidia for people who use these GPUs for work (even on linux)

AMD is only finally making good cpus. AMD CPU + Nvidia GPU is god tier. Still waiting for AMD to release GPUs that aren't shit so I can make a budget gaming build that isn't embarrassing.

it looks like AMD doesn't have enough money to put out a product in the consumer space, but their CPUs are finally competitive now so nobody cares

Well, nobody that has to build a computer cares

You used this same shit pic on /v/ like an hour ago.
Fuck off now.
AMD CPU > Intel
Novideo GPU > AyyMD at the moment, but AyyMD had better products from the 4000 series up until the r9 290 series. So whatever I guess. I miss ATI.

you can make a budget PC for $500 that runs everytthing you need it to including doom on ultra at 1080p/60.
gamersnexus.net/pc-builds/3153-budget-gaming-pc-build-under-500-single-vs-dual-channel

I agree mostly, but amd makes still some decent mid range cards like the rx580, 570 but yeah amd doesent stand a chance with the rgb lovers as customers, even if the bring a better product, underage spastics and normal fags will still buy nvidia as seen with the hd4xxx, hd 7xxx and r9 2xx series

This. Machine learning. Sorry AMD u just arent competing. Also I am using a 4k tv for productivity since otherwise its too expensive / cost-innefective so gsync/freesync isnt relevant to me

The short answer? It depends.
The long answer? Nvidia if you can afford a Jewsync monitor and put up with Nvidia's shennanigans.
AMD if you have a good Freesync monitor and can find an AMD GPU cheap enough.
If just running a bog standard 60Hz 1080p monitor then get whichever is cheapest at the time that matches your needs.

The End.

Choose the games you play (know lwhat engine they use like Unreal engine)

youtube.com/watch?v=1p9lySsrYcw&t=3s

Then pick your poison depending on whether you need Gsync of Freesync or not.

newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=-1&IsNodeId=1&Description=rx580&bop=And&Order=PRICE&PageSize=36

newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=-1&IsNodeId=1&Description=gtx 1060 6gb&bop=And&Order=PRICE&PageSize=36

For anything higher FPS wise you will probably need to go team green regardless as Vega is a bit on the power hungry side and pricey compared to a 1070 and above. Vega is really only for diehard fans like myself (Vega 56 owner who got it at that special no games price on day 1).

NV doesn't make CPUs so

Novidia for higher end graphics, AYYY EMMMM DEEEE for mid level when heat is a constrain. If AMD can do NABI (mobile) that you could shit into notebooks without excessive cooling all it will need to do is match 1080 and be reasonably priced, then it will be a decent product.

>AMD if you have a good Freesync monitor and can find an AMD GPU cheap enough.
Nope.
Because you can always get a better Nvidia GPU at a similar price point, and a monitor with a high refresh rate is better than a shitty freesync monitor.

see

I saw newegg links.
Did you have a point?

The rx 580 is better than the 1060 and for the same monitor quality you pay 100€ more for nvidia
Kill yourself retarded shill

Wait, I'm confused, you would suggest a $300 dollar AMD card when a $150 1050 ti can do the same thing?

You totally forgot to cultivate the AMD is better and cheaper vibe.

shill pls

No I'm serious, the AMD trick of spending $10 dollars less to get 5% more performance doesn't really work when you bring up the fact that you can spend $150 less and get the same performance.

Shill detected.

Attached: 580v1060.jpg (1500x842, 153K)

Proofs required shitposter.

Dude the 1060 is about 80 cheaper than a rx 580 I don't get how this is even a slight against NVidia.

I have an extremely difficult time taking any AMD proponents seriously because I have an IQ above 50.

Fuck off, gamer. Nobody cares about your little toys. Dedicated GPUs have utility beyond your games. Shocking, I know.

>Dude the 1060 is about 80 cheaper than a rx 580
80 what? 80 cents? 80 pesos? 80 imaginary gamer points?
>quoting made up figures counts as a citation
Jesus christ, seems Nvidia's brainwash marketing technique goes deep

gonna get me a 1080 ti in a week or two when it drops below 700.

Is AMD CPU + Nvidia GPU the best combo right now?

I take your point but your ignoring the obvious - eg that the Apple A series processor/GPU are superior to both AMD and Intel due to its Metal architecture and offering the best bang for buck experience over all GPUs in the market

Attached: images (7).jpg (375x266, 14K)

Depends. I have yet toany tests with a Ryzen 2600+RX580 8GB vs Intel 8400 + GTX 1060 6GB and visa versa. All reviews use either a Intel or Ryzen + 1080 Ti @ 1080p

please don't be a miner

>to see any

I have nothing against miners (or I would be in prison).

Attached: 1297554036260_ORIGINAL.jpg (523x520, 80K)

Within 5 years, Apple will have cornered the gaming market. It’s fortunate that Apple have an active interest in supporting the game development community for the iOS market. This will move into desktop market with eGPU and Mac pro markets

To the filter with you nvidea shill

Include me in the screenshot

Attached: 1530039885091.jpg (674x674, 74K)

Attached: 1522399836556.png (600x600, 45K)

>Diehard fans
Imagine being so deluded that you're a fanboy of a faceless company

I bought a RX 560 4GB recently and it's trash, so I'm leaning towards Nvidia.

AMD has no ecosystem at all in deep learning. HPC is a little bit more nuanced but AMD is still at a disadvantage there.

Oh wow spastics
I guess nvidia would offer you 4k 144fps with that 1050

I actually bought it as a 1050ti competitor for 1080p.

It's pretty fucking awful, it doesn't run at 1080p very well.

What's wrong with opencl

The 1050ti costs 50€ more idiot
And neither does it run 1080p well
Rx580, 570, gtx 1060 is the minimum right now

This
I gotta but a Nvidia GPU now because I've had all my machines on MMD and can't run tensorflow for shit

>cuda
Why make yourself a bitch?

>the absolute state of novidia retards

If you're buying a GPU for work Nvidia still makes more sense because of CUDA. AMD is only useful in very specific use cases like mining. OpenCL is dead now that Apple is focusing on their own snowflake version.

>Said user from his NEETstaton 9000 running arch riced to the limit.
Yeah fuck those fucking wagecucks amirite?

I've only ever used nvidia before but I got my hands on a rx 480 a couple months back to see what radeon is like. It's just not as good, the performance isn't as consistent as nvidia from game to game, and I find the equivalent features to not work as well (ReLive is considerably stuttery on the exact same system that Shadowplay always worked flawlessly with etc.) The radeon settings suite is excellent though, it shits all over jewforce experience.
I'm likely to stick with Nvidia for the foreseeable future, but it does depend on what the next generation offerings are like. I'm happy that AMD are in a better position though, they should be more competitive in general, particularly being on board with TSMC which will force Nvidia to be more competitive in at least the midrange where I choose to dwell.
Planning on giving my 4690 the flick next year when Zen 2 drops though. It'll be like reliving my x4 955 + 560ti days

Attached: PCMR Gatekeepers.png (500x500, 334K)

Yeah fuck yeah writing all you code for a proprietary standad.

No real standard with the hardwares.

>not having based intel cpu + amd gpu combo

Holy shit, the GPU market is a 1:1 mirror of Skylake + Bulldozer/Piledriver

AMD = Compute (Unless you need CUDA)
nvidia = Games