Oh my fucking GOD. Why does Windows break every single time you turn it off via holding down power button?

Oh my fucking GOD. Why does Windows break every single time you turn it off via holding down power button?

This has never happened on my linux based machines, why can't Micropenis figure it out too?

Attached: 1-7589fdccdb7b43f9379cfacd34d74cc5-Microshaft Winblows 98 - Splash.png (640x480, 142K)

Works fine for me dude

Attached: touhou_kyouko_sleeping_upright.jpg (876x932, 88K)

>turn pc off via holding down power button
Why, user? Why?

Because you forgot to safely eject C:

Sometimes you're in a hurry and want your computer off for sure. Or maybe Windows is trying to do an update but you don't have time for it. There's lot's of reasons.

Reminds me of some tech support horror story where a guy was asked to hit Start, Shut Down and reboot:

>I think something's wrong, scandisk isn't starting

Turned out he had never shut down his computer without holding the power button.

mine sends a shutdown signal just from pressing it. It just works

>Turned out he had never shut down his computer without holding the power button.
Makes more sense than using Start to shut down.

Werks on my maching

It wasn't safe to turn off your computer

Attached: its-now-safe-to-turn-off-your-computer-windows-953.jpg (650x300, 13K)

Lots of user stupidity here.

How is turning off your computer when you're in a hurry the result of stupidity?

because it would be smart to have your pc go to sleep after being idle for some time

Because that's like switching off the plug, basically using a defibrillator to put you to sleep

>not turning your computer off using the power strip switch

It does not.

But obviously you don't need to force a power-off anyhow. Either let it shut down normally with it doing its updates or whatever, or if its a laptop that you need to carry somewhere else right now, you just suspend / hibernate it.

heh

Then it's your fault dickhead

>winbabies coping

Nigger we just had a guy that lost power to his Linux server and when he tried to boot it back up it gave him an error message and wouldn't boot

Why are only Linux users able to break Windows by doing stuff everyone else does too just fine?

Do you seriously not understand the purpose of shutting down? It's so you're computer makes sure everything in memory is saved to disk. It's not just files but everything. You also have hardware to worry about, hard disks have moving parts, you don't want to just cut power. . You're not supposed to do this with Linux either.

what if i have a solid state drive and i don't want anything in memory written to disk

> Oh my fucking GOD. Why does Windows break every single time you turn it off via holding down power button?
I thought I was the only one

You must be new here and also sub 70 IQ points.

Is it really that bad to not do the long shut down in 2018 with WIndows 7/10 and good hardware? Fuck I thought we were passed that shit.

Another Linux shill thread.
Not even a very good one.

Attached: 1529980183202.gif (320x384, 2.23M)

>no argument detected
Ok have fun with your unstable proprietary crapware

SystemD throws a shitfit if you hard shitdown your PC. Not sure if the other init systems care as much but this is not a Windows only problem. Teh shutdown command is there for a reason.

>unstable
Been running win7 home premium with no issues on my T520 for 6 years.
>proprietary
I dualboot ubuntu as well and ubuntu's the one that fucks with my computer's time settings.
>crapware
Refer to first point

Sudden power loss is a great way to kill the controller of SSDs.

Linux is a kernel.

> hit power button
> give it 5 seconds to store cache to disk, warn about unsaved files
> if not done yet, hold button

Seriously though, how compute intensive can shutting down be? You've had the last twelve hours to install shitty virus or whatever the hell it's doing

>hard shutoff pc in the middle of an update
>y u brek

Attached: 1529954540115.png (749x694, 60K)

Half the time I use the power switch on the back to shut it down with no issues. What are you doing wrong

On gentoo you can just ctrl+z and systemctl poweroff or magic sysreq reisub.

I honestly think its fucking hilarious that you are held hostage by your system that will corrupt your filesystem if you decide to reboot and think its normal to the point of defending it.

With how important computers are in people's lives these days I would say its worse than raising someone else's kid.

Why does wangblows still need to reboot to apply updates? It's like it is stuck in 1999.