What does Jow Forums think about the steam link? , It's open source apparently...

What does Jow Forums think about the steam link? , It's open source apparently , no i don't want you to tell me to buy it, it's usually 50$ but $2.50 for the sale right now so i picked one up

But aside from the >>/v/ ill be getting, what other things can you use it for? I'm genuinely curious since it's open source it could totally be a fun little device right? If you have it and use it other then gaming, what do you use it for?
Take a break from the usual shilling threads

Attached: ximg_5a8cb00464434.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+ws+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.fpwoCcxmHF.png (650x300, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/66474480/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why do you think it's on sale for only $2.5?
It's shit and works poorly, they are getting rid of them before releasing a new version

>new version
sure

haha wow it actually is 2.5$
(with like 15$ shipping...)

It works well, but no one buy it because it has 0 use case. Even more so now that there is an app on smartphones and smart TVs

check the archive, I answered my experiences there

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/66474480/

Mother fuckers do not ship outside the US or something? ffs.

it should load your local shop unless you're in 3rd world country

Install kodi directly onto it my boy. Can do the same with retroarch and play anything up to SNES or Genesis very well.

(you)
>I'm genuinely curious since it's open source
are you retarded? It is not open source. Also it has only 1 use case. And no you can't replace the OS, because if you modify the boot loader it won't boot.

> 10€ shipping in France

Attached: 1500592780043.gif (350x335, 1.62M)

Des fdp de fdp

I am in Kike-land.

20€ shipping to Croatia. Fuck off Valve.

Video games are a waste of life.

It's $12 shipping in the US, so it's not just you.

I bought one when they were a dollar or something +$12 shipping.
I used the hdmi cable for something else, pretty good cable, and it makes for a pretty ok USB charger on my nightstand for my phones

28 shipping to greece.
I ordered 2 plus 1 controller with a friend and we're splitting the shipping fees in half

New version as in the Steam Link app for your phone, then yes.

>It's open source apparently
Elaborate.

Attached: sou ka.png (958x538, 724K)

For some reason canadians can't buy it.

I have one I got for $5 at Gamestop but never use it

This. If only they made a windows client.

Because posting on Jow Forums is so much of a better use of anyone's life.

Order to Germany then ask a Bosnian to get it for you on their way back home from baustelle.

I use mine over ethernet quite a bit. I'm too lazy to get a chromecast or something so I mostly use it for casual Kodi streaming from my desktop. Vidya on it is also good enough for me.

It's running straight up linux and can even be rooted without hassle (or writing your own apps) but it's so weak I couldn't imagine doing something productive with it.

You can do in house streaming with a regular steam install on a desktop computer, just make sure they are using the same account and are on the same network.

Still $8 shipping, heard it's basically a chromecast.

20 euro in baltic states

They do you dumb idiot... it’s literally built into the steam client