*Shits on all other connectors*

Attached: 61c83fwFI8L._SL1001_.jpg (1001x1001, 71K)

Chink shit shill.

Attached: BNC-Kabel2xm.jpg (800x500, 70K)

>made in usa
>made by chicanos

>no audio
Trash

>he doesnt know

Displayport is cheaper for manufactrlures because hdmi needs sone bullshit licensing

We need better dp already. The fact asus was forced to gimp their monitor sucks

Why do so many people think this? I genuinely dont get the misconception. Also why are you running audio through your monitor?

Is bnc even good? One of my old CRTS has it. I've never used this port.

I plug in my leltop to my monitor(with usb hub and all my peripherals) and power. My monitor serves as my 'docking station'

I cant wait untill usb type c is no longer shitty

>simple coaxial cable
>simple, solid connector, locking with a twist
>easy to crimp
>12g sdi supports 4k 60p, up to 12 bit 4:4:4 along with 16 channels of audio
everything else is pretty stupid, but well here we are with HDMI Licensing, LLC grabbing fees for premium cable certifications

Based

>Also why are you running audio through your monitor?
Not the other guy, but this is one reason why majority TVs aren't adding DP yet.

seconded.
i work in broadcast and hdmi is laughable.
unfortunately hdmi standards get implemented so much faster than smpte.
12g sdi is pretty rare so hdmi is still necessary and unfortunately the best choice for consumer gear.
also, i see your bnc and raise you smpte 304m

Attached: smpte 304m.jpg (600x429, 33K)

ITS STILL REAL TO ME DAMMIT

Attached: 4E73F658-C9C8-4EBC-88FD-57F68F9CEEE7.jpg (1024x768, 81K)

I use dual link dvi still to this day for 1920x1080 144hz

wait, wut

Attached: wut.png (1459x909, 123K)

What's wrong with good old VGA?

So every time I switched audio from my headphones to monitor speakers, those were just hallucinations all along?

of course, it's called DISPLAYport
fuckin duh

can't wait to be restricted to cables shorter than two feet

hello grandpa

Attached: 4K-Mini-300m-HDMI-Over-Fiber-Optic-Converter-No-Delay-Loss-Optical-Fiber-Extender-Transmitter-HDMI.j (640x640, 94K)

DVI is still good.
VGA was never good.

DP is only meant to encapsulate the video (optionally audio) data, 1.4 is enough for up to 8K res.
BUT, Displayport can be run over USB Type-C, which fixes its cable length limits. Plus other data like USB or Thunderbolt can be passed thru the other USB Type-C alternate modes on the same cable.
HDMI on the other hand is usually the only connection between devices (e.g. TV and a PS4) so all the "alternate modes" need to be accounted for in the data rate limit of the spec.

>P.S. the HDMI Alternate Mode for Type-C is a crime against nature, fuck that shit.

nice, using a 300$ active cable or some converters sure is a better solution than just using fiber natively for these kind of bitrates

what's this?

Attached: 5812034_sa.jpg (500x339, 70K)

so what cable do I get for a 1070 and a 240hz monitor

Attached: hjfk06gsfc611.jpg (1066x1057, 107K)

Are you retarded?

>this is one reason why majority TVs aren't adding DP yet
What the fuck are you talking about?

How much is that? I need something like that.

the cheap chinese stuff starts at $150 per pair

Not what I was expecting.
I think I'll make do with my hobo setup of HDMI over Cat6

you can also use coax/bnc, for example with the cheap bmd micro converters, that way of extending fhd 60p is pretty cheap and easy

It really needs a locking mechanism

why would it need two

There needs to be a cheap DP to eDP 4K board.
I want my cheap mini monitor, fuck.

Attached: 1505349276920.webm (320x180, 644K)

>DP
gay

I would like a solution that offers me HDMI 2.1 (UHD @ 120Hz) plus USB 2.0 that would not cost a fortune.

My current solution is two spliced Cat6 cables transporting my HDMI signal and a third Cat6 transporting USB. It's a bit finicky but it works for 1080p@60. Problem is I don't think this setup will work when I upgrade to UHD.
The distance is about 20 meters long by the way.

>hdmi 2.1
>over 40 gigabit/s
>not costing a fortune
gotta wait 6 years or so

AMEN BROTHER!
DP a Godsend.

Why? I think DVI-D is better

25.92Gb/s should be enough for anyone

Attached: *GettyImages-551915847.jpg (4064x2286, 1.79M)

Analogue signals.

If DV-I came out first VGA would never be as widesoread as it is today (and that mostly for having a single universal interface for video for enterprise)

Does anyone know if HDMI 2.1 supports 4k/120Hz/HDR? I think it's pretty shitty that the new 4k/120-144Hz monitors have to drop down to like 90Hz or something when using HDR.

yes, uhd, 120 fps, 10 bit

What? They dont adopt it because dp doesnt support drm.

Yes, that's pretty much the point of HDMI 2.1, to make it "futureproof"
Don't know why they didn't just call it HDMI 3.0

Use this for my Rift
HDMI 2 to TV
DP 1+2 to two monitors
DP3 => HDMI to Rift

Yes it does. DisplayPort supports most if not all the same DRM as HDMI, otherwise you couldn't watch netflix or Amazon Prime. If you don't believe me try streaming with a VGA cable plugged in, the services will throw a shitfit and limit you to 480p SD.

Can someone please explain where the "HDMI is DRM, DisplayPort isn't" meme comes from? Because it's blatantly false yet it's constantly repeated here on Jow Forums.

Guess I'll stay with 1080p@120Hz then.
4K is not really worth it IMO, but I will miss the HDR.

My old modems had them. Now it's all weird optical cables.

Call me when DP has optical cables that aren't $500+