What do you use your raspberry pi(s) for...

What do you use your raspberry pi(s) for? I'm using one 3 B+ as a plug&play anonymising router and a 2 for an FTP server.

Attached: 91zSu44+34L._SX466_.jpg (466x300, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I use it to collect dust

I usit for timelapse with DSLR camera.

24/7 seedbox but it's a gbit orangepi instead of a shitty raspi so i'm not cucked with

Use it to watch my movies and tv shows
SAMBA server

300 mbps for 3b+

i have one doing nothing, what i want to do is use it for a wifi adapter for a desktop PC, if there was a Linux firewall distro that was easy to use i would put it on a microSD card, plug an ethernet cable from a desktop PC to the raspberry pi and configure it to function as a wifi card or bridge so i can get wifi to desktop PC

i tried a few but they were commandline only and the config files were vague and i never figured out how to do it, i can ssh in to the raspberry pi and it gets internet, but i have not figured out how to turn it in to a wifi bridege or client

>needing a gui

Attached: x.jpg (225x225, 5K)

I installed MAME on the Rpi 2 like 6 years ago and then never did anything else with it.

retropie + kodi, I bring the device whenever I see friends, great for light gaming like mario kart 64 or watching movies from an external drive/streaming.

yeah, something like configuring a normal router, you enter the gateway address in the addressbar of a browser 192.168.1.1 and BAM you got something easy to work with, i tried zero shell and the text files in /etc was arcane and vague to me, i am not master of networking, i just want to drop someting on a microSD card, plug it in to the raspberry pi, plug an ethernet cable from my PC to the pi and BAM i have wifi on my desktop after a simple and easy to use configure through a web browser

you're killing independent George!!!

VPN entry point to my home network. Already got an SSH port open, but it's good to have alternatives.

SSH honeypot. The Pi has port 20 forwarded to it while the sshd on my actual server is listening on a random port (not using it as a layer of security, just to avoid my logs getting spammed with pajeet SK and occasionally have a laugh by seeing what the 1337 h4xXx0rz was doing)

also this but on another Pi:

That:

I have various ideas I'm going to try in a couple weeks when I have time:
>Small file server between computer and laptop
>bitperfect audio streaming server
>tor exit node and/or bridge

>mbps
so?

To free myself from the grid.
File hosting, chat server, calendar and contact list.
No more fucking dependence on large companies not reaming me in the ass by stealing the data that's stored on their servers.

So, the NIC, even when 1gbit, is still connected to the USB hub?
Not worth it.

It also had some heavy issues after launch. The software caused connections to break and shit.
Unfortunately, the guy who was aware of the issue beforehand is also a complete and utter cunt and decided to go on a rampage on the official forums instead of having a civil discussion. And then the dev responsible for the issue also got very salty.
No idea if it's fixed now.

Also, fuck the Armbian guys.

I use mine as a desktop computer because it’s immune to Spectre.

One for an Apache server and another for a Samba server, I suppose you could use one for both of them though.

Every CPU that performs speculative branching is vulnerable to spectre. That's why it's called Spectre.

Snes emulator

was using it as a DNS server but it's too slow for that

now it's a webserver to tell me the weather, because it's faster to get to than the shitty weather app on my phone

i created a program that runs on it 27/7 that is engineered to have the pi collect dust at an exponential rate.

development server
displaying music

I run kodi on it for several years now. Exodus works worse and worse, might need to look for new addon to stream shit.