Get interview for generic data handling company

>get interview for generic data handling company
>go through the entire interview, haven't discussed salary even once
>get to the end, STILL haven't discussed salary, they offer me the position
>"Yeah, we haven't discussed salary. I stated I'm requesting XXX, can you guys meet that?"
>Well, we have a very generous offer of (10k less than I requested) as a starting salary with bi-annual performance bonuses.
>"Sorry, that unfortunately won't cut it for me. I'd like at least what I reauested"
>Here at generic company we don't believe in the power of money as a motivator, we believe in the power of challenge!

WHAT THE FUCK, WHY DO SO MANY COMPANIES SPEW THIS BULLSHIT

Attached: 1447646096419.png (189x152, 60K)

>we don't believe in the power of money as a motivator, we believe in the power of challenge
and i believe in the power of lolis
just walk away m8

Maybe ask them at the start of the interview.

>tell company I want $60k
>hmm ok thanks user
>never get called back
they will probably hire the rookie that asked for $50k

Eh, I find that prude to start an interview with

HOW MUCH MONEEEEEE

What did you ask for
Also is the bonus based on anything concrete enough that you could reasonably calculate it? Or would it vary too much. Because it isn’t absurd to take a lower salary in favor of higher performance based compensation. Quite common in finance & banking for example

>starting salary with bi-annual performance bonuses.
Does this mean twice a year or once every other year? If the first one, then that's an okay offer imo desu senpai. They obviously want to test what you're worth in case you're a pajeet.

Every other year, not twice a year. Sorry, could have worded that better

>gibs me money before a job offer
Don’t do it, it’s like asking for sex before the first date

>Every other year
That's not a good deal. I would have rejected the offer regardless of the money in this case. Minimum should be once a year.

Don't take the job, and if it's your only option take the job and apply to other places

> >Here at generic company we don't believe in the power of money as a motivator, we believe in the power of challenge!
While it's true, it shouldn't be used as an excuse to pay less. Tasks have to be really interesting to make up for a smaller salary. Unless, of course, you need this job for other reasons.

If that guy can work for $15k less than you, why do you feel you deserve so much pay?
You're supposed to sell yourself, stop being greedy and justify your salary.

I dont ask salary in interview. I wait until i actually get the job offer and counter if needed. Usually a job posting will have a salary posted on it already

>finally land interview
>they dont hate me
>this is a once in a blue moon event
>i had literally submitted close to 1000 resumes before this with no luck
>now i'm going to be retarded and argue about salary when i just want my foot in the door at this point

Attached: am i retarded??.png (891x633, 794K)

Cuck

>Here at generic company we don't believe in the power of money as a motivator
>literally exists as a mechanism to generate money
This is an early sign that the company will take advantage of you in every way they can, run away

>Get basic IT job
>Salary never defined
>Get offer from HR 20k more than I expected

I was just about to post this.
Every job I've been to the main boss says "a company's primary focus is to make money".

And then you have this company saying "we don't believe in money helping you succeed!".

Nonsense.

>with bi-annual performance bonuses
I never got those promised bonus. Neither did any of the other devs.
Plenty of bonuses for the reselers though, they get 10% of the monthly subscription of our apps, on top already having a better income.

My job offers incentive bonuses too but even people that have been performing strongly there for +3 years never saw them.

Unless you're working at some major brand name company, forget bonuses and shit.

>we believe in the power of challenge!
Yeah, help Mr.Shlomo Shekelstein buy his 2nd Yacht.