So I had like 20 replies in 10 minutes to my linux gaming thread and the mods deleted it...

So I had like 20 replies in 10 minutes to my linux gaming thread and the mods deleted it. But we can have 10 wallpaper threads? Fuck you retards.

Attached: linuxgaming.jpg (1921x1080, 1.89M)

Green is my pepper!

This board is dedicated to consumerism, shilling, hentai and desktop threads. If you want to discuss technology and programming, go to Reddit.

linux is great for gaming in 2018. wine is really good now and tons of games have native linux versions. maybe the mods thought it was a /v/ thread

Exactly, just trying to show the winfags that it's possible so they can stop making excuses.

there was a thread yday that had a faggot post dick pics that lasted for more than 2 hours and no where close to being tech related yet actual tech threads get pruned within minutes.

>linux
>gaming
cannot imagine content of that thread

The vast majority of gaymes are not only Linux though and it still doesn't have stuff like ReLive.

>there was a thread yday that had a faggot post dick pics
Mods are fags, what did you expect?

How can I get sims 1 working on wine?
I got the launcher to run and for it to install when making a 32bit prefix and 800x600 virtual desktop win98 but shit won't run.

Hot

>tfw getting +60 fps on witcher 3 with ultra settings
Thanks DXVK.

Attached: 1487423452668.jpg (1024x756, 138K)

OwO why did you block your user name we could be friends

Welcome to /g in 2018 user

Just get win 10 already you fucking retards.

I respect people that use GNU/Linux when they do actual work with it where it can shine, but you pathetic "muhh freedoms" faggots that go to all lenghts to get a fucking game running are a fucking joke.
Playing the 3 games that run on it or using wine for all the software you don't have is reminding me of cuckoldry.

I guess I'll ask here. How do I use switch pro controller on Linux (wired)? I managed to, very easily, get it working on windows using ProconXInput which is an open source project and everything works. Is there an equivalent for Linux? I did find something a while back but I was unable to compile the project due to a missing file so I gave up.

Basically this. Just use the best tool for the job, which for gaming, is Windows, like it or not.

i have a windows 10 lite box i use to stream to my linux box with parsec or steam on lan, there is no noticable lag and parsec promises 200fps for high end networks.

>windows is best for gaming
You mean BSD

this

haha
GOTTEM

Exactly? That was the point.

Elaborate.

PlayStation and Switch use a BSD-based OS.
Windows has objectively worse performance than Linux so even if you sperg about consoles not counting you can't say that windows is a good OS for games or better than Linux.

>BSD-based
This thread is clearly aimed at PC gaming.
>Windows has objectively worse performance than Linux
I know it performs better on some games (DOTA I think?) but you're going to have to provide some sources.
Also, doesn't really make that much sense as an argument anyway considering the platform lacks 90% of Windows games.