How often do you ask your boss or supervisors for extra work or side projects?

How often do you ask your boss or supervisors for extra work or side projects?

Attached: 1530127418420.gif (394x383, 15K)

I really don't like this meme.
It's alarmingly low quality.

ok, how about the question in OP though?
Starting to think how often should you ask for new work on your plate??

Why would you do that?

Basically every sprint - about every two weeks.

To have a steady supply of projects coming in

Never. Programming is just a job for me, a way to make end meat. I don't want to do more of it or take on any challenges. In fact, I find programming rather boring and repetitive.

Most jobs can be boring after a while but how do you actually have work to do?

Do you just find your own work throughout slow times?

I assess the difficulty of my assigned task. If I think it's easy then I take my time completing it, if I think it's hard I work hard and I gauge how long it will take to complete. I always plan to finish my tasks right before the deadline.

That's happening automatically.

Yea i know but is it really a problem to ask your boss for something new?

The other projects and customers i work with im just about done with everything

What else is there? Do i just ask everyone else in the company hey what do you need??

>What else is there? Do i just ask everyone else in the company hey what do you need??
If possible, go home and work on your own stuff.

Hey Fresco how about you focus on working for my neetbux instead of complaining?

To get a promotion. Climb the ladder, pull up your bootstraps and giddy up! Take the S.W.E.A.T. pledge.

>To get a promotion. Climb the ladder, pull up your bootstraps and giddy up! Take the S.W.E.A.T. pledge.

reminds me of "una vela" level garbage, the spic name may be related

Not everyone is a turbo autist that programs at home as well

Then why would you do more work at work without any merit?

Twiddling my thumbs and surfing the web makes time go by a lot slower than working on something tbqh

Because having a job where you already completed a ton of projects and want something new is legit

In my job sometimes we all get to this point where you're done with a lot of stuff and now what? Sit in the office and just talk to people and tell everyone hey i finished all my work so now im bored as fuck?

But it is so fucking boring to not have something new to work on

I can audit some things easily and come up with my own projects but I refuse to do so right now, i want something new

Do you happen to work at IBM?

Close enough

bump

that image is making me ill

kind of like the bad version of a homestuck gif

Why not work on your projects at work instead of twiddling your thumbs while there is no job? Do you get paid for the amount of projects done or for doing the amount of jobs you were assigned to relatively to your pay?

9gag version of Pepe

but it's ironic