Linux Mint should be Jow Forums distro and not meme distributions like Gentoo or Arch

Linux Mint should be Jow Forums distro and not meme distributions like Gentoo or Arch.
If you are normal human being and not some Masturterminator you need:
> functional
> perfect de for real work not neeting home
> out of box experience (saves productive time)
> everything werks
> not windows
> usable for fast work (not like i3)

Attached: image.jpg (400x231, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2994
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Based.
Too many "hobbiests" here that haven't run *nix systems long enough to recognize a good thing.

Mint is great if you want software from 10.000 BC

for Jow Forums's operating system, i unironically nominate:

>FreeBSD
>OpenBSD
>DragonflyBSD

which actually happen to be complete operating systems, unlike the piles of bloated crap with tons of bugs that every linux distro amounts to. true unix is professional, linux is for hobbyists.

those will be my nominees until some hackers pull together and finish up Plan 9 or gnu Hurd...

u dont need to have software that is compiled second before full of bugs but something thats done your shit

Ive never met a competent developer who couldnt also configure their own system.

>functional
bloat
>perfect de for real work not neeting home
bloat
>out of box experience (saves productive time)
you really want to get back to turning those hamster wheels I guess, but its still bloat
>everything works
yeah and you downloaded a shit ton of stuff you didn't need, might as well stick to windows if you want that experience
>not windows
So you're aware windows is bad but at the same time you want the windows experience.

>functional
All distros
>perfect for real work
All distros
>werks
Debian. Even Gentoo tends to work out of the box.
>usable for fast work (not like i3)
i3 is a WM you retard, and tiling WMs are objectively better for work.

since when is windows functional ?

Being able to do it and wanting to do it are not the same things at all.

If you're concerned about "bloat" you'd be running CentOS headless.
You pleeb sack of shit!

Doesn't have any street cred though. You don't want to cool kids to laugh about you in fetch threads, do you?

ah the good ol linux mentality
>I"d like x
>why do you want x? you don't need that, but if you insist then learn to code and implement it yourself

I know that many of you will shit on Manjaro but won't it be a better solution to the shit op mentioned than mint?

/based/

Attached: desktopscreen.png (1920x1080, 803K)

>and tiling WMs are objectively better for work.
i donno, i never could get used to it. Xfce is my fav. KDE and Gnome are terrible though, they make even the nicest newest computer run slow

here is the windows experience

>be me in high school
>writing important college application essay on Dell laptop
>typing for a while, good progress in the zone
>XP locks up
>"GOD FUCKING DAMNIT"
>hold down power button
>restart
>auto-recovered file is missing half of what i wrote
>
>buys a mac before going to college

it's not just windows, it's anything microsoft touches. Skype is a pile of shit since microsoft took it over. and christ, when i still use MS word for work on my macbook pro, i am very careful to save shit every 2 minutes because even on macOS, Word manages to crash itself

install gentoo

mint is the buggiest distro tho

>implying minimal distros aren't functional
Thank god we don't have retards like you in the community.

>install linux mint
>fucks up bios, computer bricked
No thanks

blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2994

Its a good distro, ive used it as my first and it worked fine. Cinnamon was slow of course, but again, nothing wrong with mint

Attached: 57844516a84b0.jpg (640x647, 186K)

This

After working for 8-10 hours a day on other people's computers and driving my hour commute home, the last fucking thing I want is to fuck with my own.

Why use Mint instead of Ubuntu LTS? Not memeing, genuinely curious

based and redpilled

Unlike you memesters, I have actually installed and used Mint. It's not very stable.

but i used mint for a year, and ubuntu for a year... and both are less stable than arch...

> usable for fast work (not like i3)
> work
> Jow Forums

unironically kys.

>systemd

seL4+Genode

you smell of poo

Sorry, but they are not true Unix. Anyway FreeBSD is more like a reddit or tumblr OS.

That scenario hasn't been a problem since at least W7. Even less so with OneDrive.
I've been trying to use Linux for school, but every other class ends up on my Windows machine because it's much more stable, even if bloated.

>tiling WMs are better for work
t. never done any "work" beyond configuring some gay ebin minimalist weeb ricer theme

Attached: 1492637322833.png (650x650, 27K)

>Pushing the systemdick into your machine
That's hella gay

If only Cinnamon was less resource intensive OP
Now that is just retarded user. As if there is that big a difference. Get real.
Sorry but BSD is going to be gone within the decade. And that is being generous. It's a miracle that it sticks around still.
>muh bloat
Too many people here exaggerate when they use this word. We should sentence you lot too a year of W10 and MacOS.

Tell us more about what you do with computers, user.

>linux mint
That's a funny way to spell opensuse.

>Power on Linux -> crash
Linux is shit
>Power on Windows -> PC dies

Things that haven't happened since 1998 for $5 Alex

Both crash, but saying windows breaks systems and Linux doesn't is so naive I hope your comment is bait.

Additionally Word's auto save feature saves often enough that if your system does crash you will lose maybe a sentence or two. The only way to change that is to deliberately turn the feature off, in which case you deserve to loose your file.

>perfect de for real work not neeting home
>Jow Forums distro
You seem to be missing the point completely

W7 was okay, W10 is thrash. I can't sit around in my classes waiting for it to finish updating.

>Additionally Word's auto save feature saves often enough that if your system does crash you will lose maybe a sentence or two.

Semi-related...
>over 15 years ago
>OpenOffice has autosave function

>about slightly over a decade ago
>OpenOffice switches to Open Document format
>removes autosave feature
??????

Somebody explain this bullshit.

>he doesn't instinctively do ctrl+s every 30 seconds

I've been using W10 for years and never had an update during class. But I actually keep mine up to date rather than waiting six months after a security update for it to force restart my system.
W7 is subjectively better, but W10 is the standard and generally works just fine. HyperV is nice to use for Windows VM as well, and runs very well.

This.

I do.
My dad never did and still doesn't, despite me trying to hammer this into his fucking skull for two fucking decades...

Get a job

Also pic related

Attached: Screenshot-2018-6-29 Linux Mint 18 improves security, but at a cost.png (770x223, 32K)

Nicer experience out of the box IMO, they offer a more "whole" experience and the software updater is nicer too. Also, no telemetry by default.

stable and does everything i want. good bistro

>not doing extra work for the fun of it
i bet you have a job

SAVAGE