Has anyone here had issues with freesync monitors (particularly individual defective pixels)...

Has anyone here had issues with freesync monitors (particularly individual defective pixels). I'm on my third monitor with a stuck or dead pixel (I can't see it with red or blue, so maybe just stuck) and all 3 have been freesync monitors.

First two were some Asus monitors with a TN panel that I got because of the response time, and after two red stuck pixels, traded them in for an LG IPS panel. The LG was working fine yesterday, but now I notice another pixel.

And yes, it's there on different inputs with everything disconnected - meaning it's the monitor.

I'm really fucking annoyed that I have to go back to the store for a third time - I just want a fucking working monitor. Is this an issue across freesync monitors, or just a run of bad luck?

>TL;DR does freesync cause pixels to stick?

Attached: Logo_for_AMD's_FreeSync_technology.png (343x291, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amd.com/en/products/freesync-monitors
old.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/8m4qq2/why_nv_should_support_adaptive_sync_or_how_gsync/dzm0vwj/
youtube.com/watch?v=e_LBOg-NcPQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

freesync monitors are literally the left over garbage these manufacturers have left over which don't make the gsync QC standards, especially the high refresh rate ones. it's not surprising so many people are having issues with freesync nowadays. it has no regulations set by amd unlike gsync which has very high QC standards for refresh rate, brightness, overdrive settings etc

I figured as much. Should I just get a better 60hz w/o freesync (I'm looking in the $120 or less range)? I really like the feature especially since I'm using a 2400g so I need all the smooth frames I can get, but this is fucking bullshit if they're not worth a damn otherwise.

Hes full of shit. Just stop buying shitty panels.

T. Nixeus edg27 owner. Perfect pixels.

t. retard

any monitor which has a freesync and gsync version such as most high refresh monitors, the freesync version will be the garbage bin tier part which doesn't make the gsync QC. this is an objective fact and you can find this information anywhere. no company produces 2 separate panels for gsync and freesync.

stay mad at the truth moron

This has got to be the most nonsensical thread I've seen in Jow Forums for a long time. I hope they're paying you enough, shill. Stay warm myfriend.

Thing is though. I bought a "shitty panel" AOC monitor for work and haven't had any issues with it. I think it might be possible manufactures are finding the shittiest panels they can put out for the sake of freesync.

Freesync support is massively hit or miss because there's no regulatory standard so you'll get 60hz monitors with like 5hz freesync range which is basically pointless. It's a free addition to any monitor if they have a display port so it's not surprising these manufacturers are trying to milk the consumer because I suppose most people will know of Nvidia and G-sync so they'll automatically assume freesync will have the same features as G-sync on every monitor which just isn't the case.

>mfw shopping for a variable refresh rate monitors and ALL of the freesync offerings have some deal breaking flaw
Honestly, it's genuinely extraordinary how much worse the freesync offerings are than the g-sync, it's such a headache trying to find a good one. It's not just the image quality as well, the actual freesync implementation is just trash on most of the monitors with shitty freesync range and no LFC.
I'm just going to g-sync instead, you get what you pay for.

Attached: 1529926833010.jpg (680x966, 102K)

Source your claims.

>Not buying a Nixeus EDG
A diamond in the rough of compromise.

amd.com/en/products/freesync-monitors
if it aint in there it aint real freesync.

Mg279q vs pg279q
Same panel
Freesync one has much worse backlight bleed
Freesync one has lower refresh rate
Freesync one lacks ULMB equivalent
Lacks LFC
Lower adaptive sync zone

LG 34uc79g vs 34uc89g
Same panel again
Freesync one has lower refresh rate
Freesync one has lower brightness by over 50 cdm3
Lower adaptive sync zone

I don't really want a compromise, I want a tricked out dank ebik gaming panel because I've always owned basic monitors and I want to treat myself to something good for once. Also if I go freesync I have to use AMD which I'm not 100% enthusiastic about either from my experience trying them.
I'm probably just going to fork out (though it's really not THAT much more considering the leap in quality) for a 1440p 144hz IPS G sync panel, like that Asus one PG one. I'd be able to happily use that for a long time.
I do resent the entire situation of having to essentially swear allegiance to either Radeon or GeForce, but G-Sync is the holy grail I've been wanting for a while, no screen tearing with low input latency.

LG 24MK430H

Yep, it's there. And I like the monitor, I just want one without a pixel issue. I'm wondering if I should press my luck (or lack thereof) and exchange it, or trade it in for a 60hz without freesync.

>TL;DR does freesync cause pixels to stick?

I hope you realize how stupid that sounds.

Not as a direct cause, that was poor wording. I mean, are they more prone to it because of manufactures using cheaper panels.

>blames the software(freesync)for a hardware defect(dead pixels)

just Jow Forums things

you have absolutely no evidence to support your claims and yet you continue to vomit idiotic stuff

did nvidia ever fixed the dwm?
did they ever fixed the tearing on monitors that arent clocked on the popular hz?
did they ever fixed their triple setup mumbo jumbo that caused one of three monitors to get out of sync with the gsync results on hilarious tearing ?
did they fixed the hilarious problem that when you have an sli setupd and on card has a different workload your gsync doesnt work AT ALL?(this is an ongoing matter since early 2017 LOL)

Nice wordsalad.

they dont use the same panel you moron
pg279q has a AU Optronics M270Q008
Mg279q AU Optronics M270DAN02.3
the nvidia one is 8 bit
the amd one if you can find the firmware you can sideload it to a full 10 bit

old.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/8m4qq2/why_nv_should_support_adaptive_sync_or_how_gsync/dzm0vwj/

>SHITsync

NOT EVEN ONCE

youtube.com/watch?v=e_LBOg-NcPQ

Digitalfoundry exposes SHITsync garbage, 40-60Hz range? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

G-Sync HDR, 4K 30-144Hz range, IT JUST WORKS

I refuse to buy aby novidya product unless they start supporting freesync.

Standards exist for a reason.

SHITsync is not a standard, it's AYYMD's proprietary implementation of Adaptive Sync and it's not free in any aspect and inferior in every aspect

Only a retarded company will implement SHITsync that doesn't work

T. Nvidia shill baiting normies and newfags
The nvidia ones have a dedicated gsync chip theres no QC to pass you fucking moron
Also all the Monitors you listed have completly different guts to begin with
Fucking subhuman drink some chlorine

Did you even read my post? The Nixeus is a 1440p 144hz IPS Freesync panel with an input range of 30-144hz. Color quality is also fantastic. I don't know why it isn't more popular because it's NOT a compromise.

You guy should know if it is free it's bad.

adaptive sync is literally freesync

literally a VESA standard

It's like people blaming hardware (cpu) for software issues.

>4k 144hz
>you mean 3840x1920 above 98hz?