Will there ever be technology that will let us erase painful or unnecessary memories?

will there ever be technology that will let us erase painful or unnecessary memories?

Attached: 1417487243921.jpg (500x314, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/new-drug-could-help-you-forget-long-term-traumatic-memories-180949386/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Time already exist. Just add inebriation.

It's called alcohol.

memories and life experiences are what make who you are, don't reject them, embrace them
learn to love yourself

what about when it is ocd related?
does not worked for me i am weak physically get drunk really easily. once i passed away but still remember everything from past day

>what about when it is ocd related?
it is a part of yourself you have to learn how to live with

>memories and life experiences are what make who you are
which is exactly why i need to be rid of some of them

why do you hate yourself user?

Is English your second language?

third language actually. i was like 16 or so

you're a fucking faggot alright, but don't hate yourself and start putting your shit together
just b urself bro :)

smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/new-drug-could-help-you-forget-long-term-traumatic-memories-180949386/

YEP - PLAY FALLOUT FOR 3 MONTHS STRAIGHT

Spooky right?

Attached: S5O1HSf.png (914x1091, 39K)

Which one

76 obviously. Replace your bad memories with new bad memories of being nuked over and over again!

Todd would never lie to us.. right?

yes it's called dmt, ayahuasca, ibogaine, mdma, psilocybin

Attached: 1521902160957.jpg (350x350, 35K)

Dementia
Alzheimers

It exist and is applied in extreme cases. It doesnt make you forget about it but it desentibilizes you from it.
It works, I kid you not, syncronizing closing your eyelids with some pattern while you remember the fact or the show you similar images or videos.
I don't know how the fuck anyone could think of something like that in the first place but is currently used by psyquiatrist

There is, I call it kys.

The very notion of that is extremely frightening to me. You're still just escaping from it and not either dealing with it or letting time mend the wound, you gain nothing and in fact lose something from just "erasing" traumatic experiences, since you had to go through something horrible AND now you take away nothing from it.
Bad idea.

you're talking about hacking the actual brain. I dont think we'll get anywhere near that for the next 300 years at least, so you dont need to worry about it

desensitizing != erasing. also Im sure that doesnt work with any trauma, otherwise PTSD wouldnt be a thing.

@op: if you were suffering from some specific trauma I'd maybe look into shamanism or some spiritual stuff with loads of psychedelics involved. might also go tits up tho, so be careful

gun

its so easy to say from your perspective cause you never experienced something like this

how could you know? perhaps i'm not just spewing shit out of my ass

therapy

Yes, MPAA and RIAA are working on it feverishly.
Those pirated movies and songs in your head need to stop.

Why would you want to do that, senpai (teacher)?

won't make him forget past memories, but that could indeed make OP able to let them go.

>once i passed away
me too bro.. me too

one day i thought about something like this: what if i cant something and after that day this thing spins in my head wont leave me

meant for this

are these antidepresant

They tend to work on the same receptors but no, these are psychotropic drugs and will turn you upside down.