Would Jow Forums be able to recommend me a b350 motherboard?

would Jow Forums be able to recommend me a b350 motherboard?

here's what i'm looking for:
- a decent brand, not asus, that's going to be reliable and not require me to RMA the thing three times before i get one with working onboard sound
- none of pic related, stupid rice light shows
- not overclocking or watercooling so require no special dispensations
- USB 3.1, USBC is cool but not a deal-breaker
- onboard bluetooth and wi-fi would be nice
- some form of onboard video just in case i ever have video card issues
- uEFI (do they even make mobos with MBR BIOS chips anymore)

thanks Jow Forums, much obliged.

Attached: rice.png (1028x922, 586K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/global/uk/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157833
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>mixing the colors
THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

>a decent brand
>not asus

I would say look at the MSI B350 PC Mate. No onboard wifi or bluetooth, and no onboard video (you need an APU for that. No AMD motherboard has built in graphics. Only ports for the iGPUs on the APUs), but otherwise should fit what you want.

>- none of pic related, stupid rice light shows
There are no consumer mobos anymore without all that retardation.

>a decent brand, not asus
I thought Asus was pretty much THE decent brand? My two previous boards have both been asus and they were both rock solid.

For what it's worth, asus is normally considered the most premium/expensive/reliable option. I wonder if you got a shitty batch. I assume you tried updating the bios of the first two boards you got?

wait for B450, its out in few weeks
better VRM, support, etc.

thanks guys, I'll wait.

re: asus, my current board was the third i ordered and it was a compromise. half the time it doesn't even POST, jsut hangs on a black screen. the onboard audio is unlistenably dirty. this was 2011, though.

the only B350 board with wifi is the gigabyte AB350 wifi but the VRM configuration is garbage; uncooled 4 phase, but it is ITX. there's no onboard video on any ryzen boards either.

the best VRM configuration would be the B350 krait gaming (since you're not into RGB) which is rated for the highest current of all B350 boards. runner-up would be asrock pro4 series boards which are typically very cheap and has a good 4+2 solution. if you're going with 8 core or you're going to use PBO+XFR2 you'd probably want to go with a board with a good VRM solution. ryzen OCing delivers meager results so there's no need to OC anything but RAM anyway. most boards will have both USBC and USB3.1. both of the aforementioned boards will use ALC892.

i highly doubt B450 will include onboard graphics since you'll have to fuse off the output for the APUs or include some sort of switch, though it remains to be seen about the wifi. typically it's only gigabyte who sticks onboard wifi but gigabyte makes the worst b350 boards in terms of VRM configurations other than maybe some lesser known economy brands like biostar.

just get a fucking ASRock motherboard holy fucking shit its not so difficult.

>b350
wait for b450

this is great, can i hit you up for some more advice?

i've been reading that some of the 370 boards had onboard wifi/bt, although i'm not sure what the difference is between 350 and 370 - are they compatible with the same processors and stuff? dumb question i know, sorry.

with that in mind, is it worth waiting for the 450 release (and would there be a 470 at the same time) or should i just go with a b370 made by the right people?

i've lost the battle with onboard video, i can live without it. both that and bt/wifi i can manage without desu, but the latter would make things much more convenient.

thanks guys, this is really helpful.

MSI boards have shit VRM, so I'd avoid them.

On the high end when compared to other high ends. if you're talking value, their mid-ranged boards are pretty good.

Yes, X370 is the higher end chipset. Compatible with the same CPU's. X470 already exists though and has some new features.

> onboard video
> b350
Not possible, either use Apu or get a second card.

nice, alright. this is all coming together nicely.
would you be able to recommend me a brand?

Gigabyte boards are pretty solid in my experience, except for a pretty wonky UEFI

yes, they're compatible with the same processors
the primary difference is multigpu support (primarily sli/cfx, to my knowledge dx12 mgpu should still be supported on b350), additional sata connectivity (usually this doesn't matter since board manufacturers will put their own sata controllers on chipset anyway, could be useful if you're running lots of drives for raid pools) of 6 SATA3 ports opposed to 2, and more USB3.1 G1 headers.

X470 has storemi support and guarantees ryzen 2 support though i haven't done much looking into it; it's out already. b450 will be coming shortly.

x370 taichi is one of the best boards out there barring ASUS crosshair (has wifi) and gigabyte auorus, but runs 250 bucks. the cheaper stuff like MSI sli plus and the asrock fatal1ty k4 are very capable boards at ~120 bucks, i would start there.

i would still wait. most of these boards (except for sli plus) has 'gamer rgb', so you'll probably want to turn it off in bios or software.

wonky how?

Attached: donaghy.jpg (301x305, 17K)

My X370 gaming 5 used to soft brick itself when you looked at it wrong on earlier UEFI versions and you can only fully reset the thing by unplugging it 30 minutes or longer after a UEFI reset.

>i would still wait
sure, what in particular am i waiting for?

jesus that's pretty fucking wonky eh
you say "on earlier uefi versions", does that mean there was a hardware/firmware revision that sorted it or was there something you had to do?

thanks for all the help guys, i'm learning a lot.

B450s are supposed to hit the stores sometime next month. RAM prices are still quite high, but they are expected to drop. B450 will be compatible with Ryzen 2600/x out of the box without a bios update, which you will need to do with a B350 board for a 2600/x. Besides, there is hardly a huge price difference between a 1600 and a 2600, so you'd probably want the 2600 for the ~8-12% improvement in performance.

Installing a later UEFI update (came out about half a year after the board released) mostly fixed the problems

as of this second i'm thinking of going for a 470, that way i won't have to wait and i can get one (presumably) with onboard wifi/bt, i haven't looked yet. i'll check gigabyte first, if they do one with all that and none of the RGB shit i'll buy it immediately.

i get the impression i'm asking for quite a lot though.

Asus makes the best motherboards out there, best features, best quality, etc.
The problem is that their customer service is absolute garbage. If you ever have any problems with the board (unlikely because of how great their boards are), good luck getting any help with it, because they have the worst customer support.

>RAM prices are still quite high, but they are expected to drop.
Spotted the optimist.

i can only talk from experience and the reason i say "no asus" is because my p8p67 is really shoddy and i had to get multiple to get one that wasn't DOA, and my work ASUS laptop had problems with the video driver that i had to go into the BIOS to reconfigure.

if you're saying they've stepped their game up then i'll take a second look, but i'll be trusting you quite a bit since they gave me a very sour taste the first time around.

Other than the compatability issues, I would not expect B450s to differ far too much from B350s, which means that you won't be getting any onboard wifi/bluetooth. It makes sense to purchase a x470 for those features, especially if you plan to purchase 2600+.

i'm thinking a 2700 at the minute, yeah.
even got one of those nifty graphite cooling pads for it.

cheers lads, i'm feeling good about this now.

If you don't like ASUS go with Asrock. They are the same quality boards but iirc Asrock is cheaper and has fewer features. ASUS owns Asrock but they do their own thing.
The only issue with Asrock is sometimes their UEFI is pretty bad. The hardware is great though.

now there's a pro-tip. i'll note that down, thanks.

newegg.com/global/uk/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157833

OP here. think i'm going to get this with a 2700.
thanks Jow Forums!