I just made a WordPress site for somebody and they're quite happy with it...

I just made a WordPress site for somebody and they're quite happy with it. They asked me if I can host and manage it myself and I said it's not really the focus of my business to provide hosting service. However, it sounds like I might be able to charge them like 500 bucks a month while it costs me only about 50 bucks.

I'm usually skeptical about hosting because once you have X amount of clients and Y amount of them don't pay on time, that will leave me in a position of not being able to pay the bill and all servers go down as a result. This is the first time I'm ever doing this for a client but the 10:1 margins is tempting.

What will you charge for hosting a website for someone? Is 500 reasonable?

Attached: DgOVk_PW0AYzwyU.jpg:large.jpg (1024x768, 105K)

do it. it's just gonna be a mess when the hosting goes down and noone can use their e-mails anymore.

if you're actually going to charge that much, make sure to actually prevent them from getting owned from some shitty wp exploit or else they're gonna wonder what they pay you that ridiculous amount for

they'll be paying that much for you to fix it almost immediately when it fucks up.

As long as you can provide that, then its fine.

even if you can't, just do it until shit hits the fan and then pay someone fuck all to fix it

do it, get a 20$ a month hosting package somewhere good and charge them 500$ a month. I do the same thing.

This, i let my shit go unpatched and that shit gets hacked all the time.

Attached: 58K9VJ.gif (512x256, 1.76M)

why is it inefficient? working locally spares the time to upload everything manually. plus, migrating a wp db isn't really that hard.

Attached: tfwnogf.jpg (800x800, 40K)

You can run wordpress on AWS with Elastic Beanstalk. That will automate deployment and scaling. There is a tutorial for it on AWS.

you're not fooling anyone
please...
its WP, you just quickly configure it on the server, EVERYONE KNOWS THAT

please...

what kind of retard pays that much for wordpress hosting

i deleted my post because i truly do not wish to contribute or help anyone that lives in a world of bullshit. i fwiw'd it, but now like, just fkkk this guy, w/e

have fun, go away, lol

>there are people that actually use godaddy

Attached: 5.jpg (404x404, 22K)

>what is apache
>what is putting shit on a private demo site for a client while you revise
>trying to run a bunch of sites off the same hosting package

Graphic designer and web dev here, fucking do it OP, just keep an amount of buffer money in your account so if they don't pay you, you give them 30 days to make good or the whole site comes down. Just make sure you put that in contract and warn them a few times. Put them on their own hosting account for that kinda money. If they want easy revisions, throw in a few of those for free.

t. 12 year old

>godaddy
>not just renting a old blade server from delimiter or someone

>take x a month
>pay y to a managed security and hosting company to do all the work
>profit x-y

This is literally how I pay my rent AMA

its hard to believe that someone would be so retarded that they would pay hundreds for simple things like that

5% of the bill is pretty standard as a monthly maintenance package.

There are companies out there who don't have a dedicated technical team to take care of things like this. 500 bucks is peanuts for them to have it properly taken care of. As long as you send them a monthly report of the number of visitors and shit, they'll be happy.

Yeah, this is exactly what I was thinking. The tricky part is figuring out how much of an amount of buffer money I'll need without knowing how many clients default on their payment. Whether I take their site down or not, I will still be liable to pay my provider for the current usage.

I'm already charging them for revisions. They are dumb enough to not understand how AWS and DigitalOcean works and they don't want to use them because there's no "Premium support" for when something goes wrong and that's what I'm offering as part of the $500 per month hosting if they they need support while I just buy it from DO anyway.

Attached: profileIcon_p6l2zgbesut01.jpg (256x256, 17K)

What's this about?

>noone
Millenial trash

If it's really that hard to believe, you need to get out of your house more or something. A lot of people are retarded enough to do something like that when they have absolutely no technical skill whatsoever.

take their money.
go subscribe godaddy.
if they don't pay.
you stop paying.

if they're a business, hiring a guy would cost more.
sure, diy.
but these people are probably facebork babby.

this thread is like wobbling on it's axis with stupidity.
fucking makes me laugh
all this about a fuck ass wp site.
*doing it remotely* just too fucking funny.
*allocating space* just too fucking funny
that, my stupid frendo, will change with each added plugin
*but you knew that* right?
why do a cockadoody fuckass POS wp site if you're gonna admin it anyway?
UM fucking um, better to just do a html site?
and have shitloads more space and no worries?
What think?
what fucking think?

Thanks for this one, Rajindahar