Jow Forums Why is Go better than Python for nearly every task related to devOps...

Jow Forums Why is Go better than Python for nearly every task related to devOps? Every application that the company I work for used in python I rewrote in Go and instead of having to set up an environment and make sure versions / libraries were updated, all I had to do was distribute binaries around and... done. What language do you use?

Attached: 30c621a657fb4a0bf4234e1f20f7ce91333fd712.png (1300x1392, 173K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ponylang.org/community/code-of-conduct/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>being devops

It probably simply runs faster, and while Go also isn't perfect Python's gay ass haphazard duck typing and weird standard library tends to produce more annoying errors than statically typed type inferred Go.

>being illiterate in programming

node vs go?
node is so fun to dev, scales really well too... can't decide wheter or not it's worth it?

Go was built to internal server for Google, easy concurrency, low latency GC,multicore base,deploy and auto format tools.

Generics and another weak aren't bad for programming webservices.

You can't make video games in Go

Scala if you have something that needs to scale on a cluster. Apache Spark or Akka & everything that works with it is likely the best you can use and Scala is probably the best language to use them with.

If your scale isn't as large, whatever does the job for you. I personally am not terribly fond of JS for debugging reasons and such, but YMMV.

I installed node and messed around... I believe that Go is superior. Having actual type safety and literally the ability to create a fully functioning server for any OS as a compiled binary just by saying GOOS=darwin or GOOS=windows and. go build.

Python is nice for easy tasks but extremely painful for big projects, plus Golang has the nicest http/tls library

>I have never used a good programming language before, the post.

Calling go type-"safe" is also a bit of a stretch.

not in comparison to node good sir/ma'am

>liking money
DevOps generally get paid more than SWE, almost always.

>Node
>Go
>Scala

Any man around here or just basedboys working for failing startups?
If your language does not have an ISO standard, you are playing with a toy.

I dunno, the FinTech industry seems to be having fun with Pony, and that's too young to have a spec yet.

t. NEET

I work in the "Fin Tech" industry and I've never heard of Pony.
It's all C++ and Java here, and I worked for companies you know.

Are you talking about this horse shit?
ponylang.org/community/code-of-conduct/
Currently in version 0.24?
I can tell you that no one serious is using this shit, now or ever.

What are you people even talking about?

Even pony developer say today language begin in research phase.

awkchually....

/thread