Password must be at least 8 letters, maximum 20

>Password must be at least 8 letters, maximum 20.
>Password must contain 3 capitalized letters, 2 numerical numbers and 1 special character
>Password cannot contain words
>end up forgetting all my passwords or using the same passwords on all websites
>"Use a password manager ya dip"
Password managers make you forget passwords since you no longer type them in.

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.1M)

>anime

>anime

Anime website.

>anime website
>4-6 of the 72 boards are anime

Why not instead of storing passwords digitally, cipher them with a master password of sorts and write that down to a piece of paper? Surely a family member won't figure it out and neither will cyber attackers who will not have physical acces. You can make copies and distribute them to your friends or hide in the woods, carry with yourself as well.

>66
>55
>44
>88
I'm slightly impressed by myself.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (940x529, 74K)

Attached: 1526997120979.png (800x2810, 580K)

>>Password managers make you forget passwords since you no longer type them in.
Yeah thats the whole point. You're not supposed to remember them. Remembering passwords is inconvenient, computers are better than your brain at remembering things, and the tricks people use to make passwords memorable are what make them less secure.

Attached: 1458873441676.gif (720x405, 773K)

epic reddit post.

>Password managers make you forget passwords since you no longer type them in.
I don't have to remember my passwords, just one password. The one to my password manager.
I don't even know anything about most of my passwords. Not even a single character.

Attached: 1526754290545.jpg (1024x1024, 131K)

> animated 20 minutes long idol commercials

What If You Forget Your Password To Your Password Manager?

>Use a password manager
>Generated passwords almost never work because most websites ban arbitrary special characters

Use another mask then.

Just use a different password for everything and keep it stored somewhere, even offline. Or use a password manager like you were suggested. The main problem with people cracking your password isn't from brute force attacks, it's from insecure databases.

>password must be maximum 8 characters long and must only use lowercase letters and numbers, no special characters
fuck banks that force weak ass passwords
this is the most important thing I want to secure, why won't you allow me

Attached: 1519850851728.jpg (1200x905, 102K)

>Password must be able to be guessed in a couple days by a bruteforce program

kek. is this real?

HOLY SHIT no way

Then you fucked up. You failed to remember even a single password. You had no hope of remembering more than one.

So you don't want to use a password manager because you'd rather remember 20 different passwords yourself. But you can't reliably remember one password for your password manager.

> >password must be maximum 8 characters long and must only use lowercase letters and numbers, no special characters
Hmm. I remember my bank required digits only, but mentioned no length limitation, so I made 20 chars long pw.
Anyway, yes, it is goddamn retarded:
> we use Agile and currently migrating to Kubernetes
> Automatic pods deployment and monitoring, scalable HA infrastructure
> A ton of metrics to automatically detect consumers' behavoiur and/or any malfunction
> No, your password is limited to digits only

Read
>we originally didnt set up our systems to handle special characters and can't guarantee they will be handled properly throughout the system, so please dont use them

What If Your Password Manager Gets Hacked or SomeOne Steals The .Txt File?

what anime?

Then you're a dipshit, and should've just written it down somewhere or something. Like, in a place where you store your social security number or something, a place that nobody should see anyway.
That's about as likely as getting a keylogger. You'd have lost your passwords anyway.

A shitty one, just like literally every anime.

>Mandatory password change every 90 days

Attached: 1525732586333.jpg (606x600, 66K)

idolmasters suck

yea but can i get a title senpai

ok i found it, actually sounds like crap

It's like the worst of the worst, even generic harem romcoms are better than idols

>What If Your Password Manager Gets Hacked
If my password manager gets hacked that means someone has compromised my system, which means any password I use on the system is compromised
>or SomeOne Steals The .Txt File?
If I stored my passwords in an unencrypted text file I would be pretty dumb. The password database is encrypted.

Storing all passwords with a single password is pretty dumb.
Considering it's easy as fuck to detect an installed password manager, the intruder could just hammer at it once and unlock it once compared to hammering every single password for multitude of systems.
You better make sure your master password is at least 40 characters long. Any less than that and you're a walking target.

I love Kikuchi Makoto! She's my Princess!

Attached: socrates-writing.jpg (850x508, 125K)

>Considering it's easy as fuck to detect an installed password manager
If you can do that, why not just use a keylogger and grab every password anyway?

Why do uninformed idiots keep making uninformed idiotic comments with such confidence? Kill yourself.

Certainly installing a keylogger on multitude of systems will prove harder than installing it on a single system and waiting for a single ocassion when someone enters their master password.

The concept of a single password is dumb as bricks.

So what's your education in infosec and cryptography? Kill yourself.

>Certainly installing a keylogger on multitude of systems will prove harder than installing it on a single system and waiting for a single ocassion when someone enters their master password.
What? Just install the keylogger on the single same system that you would see a password manager on? It's as easy, only need to do it as much as your "better" method.
Password managers also have protections in place for keyloggers for the master password. But then again, you can just see the passwords in memory if the password database is unlocked.

In short, using passwords in any way on a compromised system is bad.

Attached: Get fucked reddit.jpg (1691x752, 264K)