Anyone use opensuse? Is it any good? I heard it's botnet

Anyone use opensuse? Is it any good? I heard it's botnet

Attached: 40_3tw1ocH.jpg (500x525, 47K)

i was going to type up an earnest response but since you said "I heard it's botnet" like a retard, i will not help.

It's pretty good

I agree. Swearing is fucking stupid.

I used it for quite some time last year. It's a good desktop OS. A bit too bloated for laptops.

I just installed it today from Debian Testing since I wanted to try a rolling release that wasn't Manjaro.

Other than being a different package manager, there is extra steps to get the media codecs installed. Other than that, the settings tool is pretty good.

Firefox also now has thumbnails in filepicker which is nice. The SUSE people patch that in themselves.

Somewhat slow and bloated.
Comes with many DEs to choose from but only KDE is actually supported.
GNOME randomly freezes and you have to press restart button on your tower.
Simple DEs like IceWM or Openbox look like SHIT from 2003 with reams of redundant nested menu items and need hours of tweaking/ricing to make useable.
Many apps have hamburger menus.
Bad defaults including a forced password manager that you have to bypass in order to get on wifi (defeating its purpose) and the hard disc partitioner/formatter during install which is confusing to nagivate considering how few options it has.

It's best to avoid the big corporate sponsored LiGNUxes because their UI and features designed by commitees to appeal to normies but not succesfully like Apple does.

Try Manjaro instead.

Attached: astrology.jpg (640x576, 69K)

i used it for 2 years but switched to gentoo because it was annoying

>Somewhat slow and bloated.
As an above poster, this is true. The boot process is a little slower than Debian and it has more junk installed like games.
>Bad defaults including a forced password manager that you have to bypass in order to get on wifi (defeating its purpose) and the hard disc partitioner/formatter during install which is confusing to nagivate considering how few options it has.
I didn't have a problem with the partitioner, it was pretty simple. Of course, I went into "expert" mode and used my existing encrypted home directory as the new /home mount. works perfectly.
>It's best to avoid the big corporate sponsored LiGNUxes because their UI and features designed by commitees to appeal to normies but not succesfully like Apple does.
The benefit of the large corps is that they'll actually be around to maintain it. Manjaro is still mainly 1 guy, right? And was is Solus which went dead for awhile because the guy gave up?

YOU NEED ROOT ACCESS TO USE A PRINTER

>manjaro
Hahahaha

> you will never by as neat as ronnie the rapper

Attached: rt.png (452x512, 209K)

Bryan Lunduke uses it so I use it. Breddy gud

OP if you are a dev don't use openSUSE, it's a nightmare. _nothing_ works out of the box. basic things like redis, mysql (actually mariadb on openSUSE), having to use their slow website t oinstall packages and accidentally installing a package for the wrong version tumbleweed vs leap and the next thing you know your system is fucked.

debian + gnome ftw

>debian

bloat

>tfw don't know what distro to use
>Jow Forums won't help

I mean except that DEs can't freeze shit unless your video drivers crash, mostly true. I don't know about any magic password manager, kwallet is a thing in kde but optional. Everything works as on any linux based system but something people who hate on distros/DEs clearly can't understand any serious level of the software stack.

English please

Used openSUSE almost 10 years ago, switched to Kubuntu and have never looked back, but I do remember it positively. It has graphical layers for a lot of system management stuff, unlike most distros. At least for the times, YaST was a really nice, though I don't know how well it has aged.

Attached: 1416854884121.jpg (656x1024, 50K)

Man Jar O

Attached: fw.jpg (310x310, 18K)

Means that he doesnt know what he's talking about, shit is going on beyond his understanding.

Its pretty good. I like the rolling release version (tumbleweed?), even though it is rolling release I have never had any stability problems with it, and I came from Debian.

this
I'm using Tumbleweed as well
I have occasional issues but fewer than I ever had with Windows
I've thought about switching to a stable release though like Kubuntu though I worry about moving over all my data

For me it's opensuse vs ubuntu budgie right now

hahaha, man! 10! It's botnet, a.b.s.o.l.u.t.l.y.

Is this botspeak?

Anyone like OP? Is he any good? I heard he's a fag

Haha loser

Haha fag

Jealousy

Faggy