Hmm you know what we really need? Forced updates

>Hmm you know what we really need? Forced updates
What was he thinking?

Attached: 8D676D06-F72F-4049-8E16-AAE2CF60AA07.jpg (300x180, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=exAV3AWEmJk
youtube.com/watch?v=Q3FTDB0ZfKk
youtube.com/watch?v=3spnGnavWFg
gs.statcounter.com/os-version-market-share/windows/desktop/worldwide
zdnet.com/article/windows-7-meltdown-patch-opens-worse-vulnerability-install-march-updates-now/
tomshardware.com/forum/id-3560611/hours-update-windows.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=exAV3AWEmJk

>p-word

Poo-word?

Pigger?

youtube.com/watch?v=Q3FTDB0ZfKk
>3,666 views

What kind of message is the Internet hive brain sending us here?

MS didn't invent forced updates.
Every website you visit has forced updates.
Every online game you ever played has forced updates.
Video game consoles had forced updates.

etc.

>What was he thinking?
Nothing; he's long gone from MS. Now he busy ruining American education.

Attached: Common-core-math.jpg (526x526, 57K)

The idea behind forced updates is to prevent malware from taking advantage of patched security vulnerabilities.

>implying Billy Boy has literally anything to do with Windows development

That is actually useful for mental math. For solving with pen and paper though, the old way is obviously superior

The old way is going from right to left and involves numbers carrying over and shit. If you explained it out the same way, it would look even more retarded. I don't care for common core, but adding and subtracting left to right is superior.

Bill Gates hasn't been involved in the daily Microsoft for 10 years.

wow lol. P A J E E T is a baddy baddy word now?

Attached: 4734763.jpg (177x285, 8K)

He wasn't thinking anything, but the guy who did make updates mandatory was probably thinking something along the lines of "What should we do to make people update their shit and stop complaining that their decade old system is full of malware?"

And by the way, it was the best idea ever.

This. Microsoft was thinking "People keep complaining they're getting infected by viruses but they also keep refusing to perform security updates".

Of course if the security updates didn't render your computer unusable for an hour more people would be willing to update regularly.

Is it filtered?
pajeet
pàjeet

>feet
max cringe

This. People miss the idea behind why this is taught. Everyone complains kids today use their calculators for simple math and then get mad when kids are taught a way to do math in their head.

I sure hope my 1 dollar paycheck from Microsoft comes in today. I need some fucking TAKIS.

That users are retards and can't be trusted with their own security

Steve Jobs invented updates first

>What was he thinking?
Probably how he is going to piss away his gigantic fortune since he hasn't had the power to make major calls there in over a decade. When he was still acting as an influence, he had no problem flogging his devs and designers for the stupid shit they did.

Attached: 1400209569924.jpg (382x322, 29K)

>Steve Jobs
>first
Jobs literally did nothing first. His entire model was taking something someone else invented and doing it better by learning from their mistakes.

>and doing it better by learning from their mistakes.
More like hiring hippies from Berkeley to do it for him. Jobs was nothing else than businessman, in really early days before they started to grow and buy patents, Wozniak did all the tech work.

>Hmm these updates are mildly inconvenient we should leave gaping security holes in our OS and risk our customers safety so they don't have to deal with getting updates

Forced updates are great in a world where 1 in 5 is a Pajeet.

Forced reboots are retarded.
Updates shouldn't require a reboot except in some rare cases.
And reboots should NEVER be forced.

I never liked this idea, because it's like going to get killed. You know the update is ready, you don't want it, but if you reboot, you will have it. Both forced updates and reboots are terrible. The thing I like about Linux is that I still can pick what I want to get updated.

It's not like all programs get updated.
Remember it's still Microsoft so you have to manually download program updates and manually install them using time consuming wizards.

It's just updates to the OS, mostly for security.

>mostly for security.
That's very comfortable way of saying - trust Microsoft, they won't do to your system any harm.

If you use Windows in the first place there is nothing preventing Microsoft from doing whatever the fuck it likes.
Not installing security updates "to keep the botnet out" is something only the dumbest Jow Forums retards could come up with.

In reality the nearly 1 billion Windows XP PC's that never received a single security patch form the actual botnets.

>unusable for an hour

I have a 2011 shitty best buy pc with windows 10 installed. I haven't seen it update for months yet it's always up to date. Can you guess what's happening?

Pajeet detected

He was thinking that 90% of users are too lazy to update their shit so has too hold their hand and do it for them. Which is kinda true

It's updating when you're not using it, which is great for people who aren't running important programs 24/7 or turning their computer off when not in use (which Microsoft seems not to like because I've heard some computers even turn on in the middle of the night in order to update which is fucked)

>running an important program on a desktop pc 24/7

Name one program that isn't typically run on a server.

mspaint

>I've heard some computers even turn on in the middle of the night in order to update

I'm calling bullshit.

Most likely people put then laptop to sleep and then it wakes up to do the update.
Normies don't know the difference between sleep, hibernate and shut down.

He was thinking of ideas on how to take advantage of the idiots who use his crap OSes.

I hate that Windows 10 looks like ass. See, it has all these problems. Forced updates, "feature" updates, changes settings for you. But it doesn't look good either. It has very little to offer.

Even after all the time has passed, this is still how I feel about it:
youtube.com/watch?v=3spnGnavWFg

This. It'll wake the computer from sleep to update. The only problem is that my computer can't update because of some partition bullshit that won't fit on my small SSD so it'll wake my desktop in the middle of the night and then do nothing. I've done everything I could to disable updates, but it'll just re-enable itself two days later and then attempt to wake and update again. I couldn't be assed to Google for other solutions so I just shut down at night now.

"no forced updates" -> windows is less secure
"forced updates" -> windows is more secure
There is no winning with you cunts

desú without looking at the way they did it i kinda did it that way
I want from 293 then I added 200 to get me to 493, then I added 7 to get me to 500, then I added 68 to 7 to get 75, then I added the 200 to get 275
Is the way I did it fucked?

Inefficient.

568 - 293 = ?

(568 +7) - (293 +7) = ?

575 - 300 = ?

Attached: 1499093131092.png (359x198, 31K)

lmao nerd gates hasn't made an actual decision at microsoft in at least 10 years

8-3 = 5
160 - 90 =70
400-200 = 200

>What was he thinking?

That he is no longer in control of Microsoft and hasn't been for nearly half a decade now?

Smart move because most people are retards who don't update. It's a non-issue for people who actually work with computers because it's still piss easy to turn off the updates.

everybody figures out how to do mental math by themselves
kids need to learn how to do math on paper first. that explanation is hard to understand even for adults, kids won't get shit. and then the teacher complains about kids not paying attention to this bullshit and they get medicated for ADHD

the only correct solution is silent reboot-less upgrades. that's one of the few good things about linux. they probably should also have a way to patch the kernel on the fly though.

>Of course if the security updates didn't render your computer unusable for an hour more people would be willing to update regularly.
The big creators update or whatever it was only took my system maybe five minutes. The security updates are just a simple reboot, and I'm back on the desktop in thirty seconds or so.

What the fuck system are you running that takes an hour to uodate? If your rig is so dogshit aren't you used to everything taking that long?

livepatching is a pretty recent invention for even Linux. I wouldn't expect it in Windows anytime soon especially since their kernels are not even remotely the same design.

People who don't update in ages tend to take longer.

>What was he thinking?
Normies

yeah, it's a technically hard problem and likely to cause plenty of bugs, but as software becomes more stable maybe it'll catch on.

I don't want to close the 40 tabs I'm browsing on private mode (so no restore) plus whatever else I am working on just to install a fucking upgrade.
do you have an SSD? because for people who don't upgrades can take annoyingly long (maybe not an hour on a modern system but 15 to 30 minutes for a new release easily). and there's no easy way to delay functional upgrades while installing security ones, with windows it's all or nothing afaik.

I can't recall the last time I actually rebooted for a windows update so I can't share your concerns. It was probably months ago that it tried to force me and that was probably for the big version update.

>not subtrqcting 300 then adding 7

Shiggy

His proprietary OS, his rules

gs.statcounter.com/os-version-market-share/windows/desktop/worldwide

WHIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Attached: 1528661348319.jpg (1920x1080, 191K)

I have this site blocked due to malicious content, what does it say?

Attached: StatCounter-windows_version-ww-monthly-201705-201805.png (1280x720, 119K)

>you need to learn to write before learning to speak

>What was he thinking?
power, pure power

you understand that gates hasn't been in command of microsoft for almost two decades, right?

That’s bullshit, none of those are the OS on your computer upon which you rely for daily work and play.

Without forced updates normies would happily use the most insecure versions of software for the rest of their life and never update even if they had to click no every time they launched it, even if they had 24 hours of spare time to install a 30 second update to solve thousands of vulnerabilities.

See: people who still use fucking internet explorer in 2018

>insecure
Except MS keeps introducing insecurities every update. Nice job there MS!

>even if they had 24 hours of spare time to install a 30 second update to solve thousands of vulnerabilities.
maybe if microsoft updates didnt take multiple hours to complete it wouldnt be so bad.
my OS updates in about 30 seconds if its just checking for updates, or maybe about ~5 minutes if there are packages to update

Literally never had a single update that took over 30 minutes, even installing the entire OS doesn't take that long with Windows 10

Incorrect

>incorrect

zdnet.com/article/windows-7-meltdown-patch-opens-worse-vulnerability-install-march-updates-now/

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO

(((security and stability)))
(((miscellaneous bugfixes)))

Attached: 1348731163540.jpg (256x257, 27K)

Even the title says "install march update now" to solve the problem

Meaning updates will fix it, making my point right, if widows 7 had forced updates it would be automatically fixed by this update.

Lol.

>Literally never had a single update that took over 30 minutes
i dont use winshit, but i have in the past and my experiences have been similiar to this:
tomshardware.com/forum/id-3560611/hours-update-windows.html
> system that does take 3-4 hours to install a new update
>I have a q8200 with 8gb ram, and it took about 1.5 hours to do the update
>To answer the OP's question as a direct answer, it could take anywhere from 15 minutes to about 6 or 8 hours.

>install January updates
>"woops we broke it"
>install march updates
>"woops we broke it"
>install july updates

You're making this too easy goy.

Attached: 88a.png (600x600, 112K)

Attached: new_math.jpg (540x417, 61K)

>I don't use Windows yet I have strong opinions on something I've never experienced before and use one guy's post on a forum as my opinion on it

Sad you can't see how stupid even saying this shit is.

Just doesn't happen, does it.

when your schools are overloaded with people who grow up in households that value thug life more than education, math will inevitably have to be dumbed down if any of them are to ever pass

>i have used it in the past
this implies i have used it and gave it up, in my case for something better.
go suck a dick fagmeister

Amazing how something can work perfectly fine for millions of people except a handful on forums and you.

Even the replies say it's not normal.

>google: how long do windows updates take
>An upgrade would take about 4 hours, or even less if you regularly update your Windows
>Hi, This is really lame, After taking more than 2 hour for update and several ...
>but a Version Update can take from 40 minutes to 4 hours+
keep taking it in the pooper, i dont care.
my updates are still less than 5 minutes and i dont run a botnet OS

>There's 8 million results saying vaccines don't cause autism but 30 saying they do
Wow it must be true!!???

Literally just stop breathing

>Btw I use Linux btw I use Linux in every post you have to know I use Linux btw I use a much better os I'm different btw it's not windows it's a Unix based OS plz notice I use Linux I'll say it again

Updates take between 5-15 minutes at most even on a shit tier PC. End of story.
There's no excuse to not update as if you don't have 15 minutes of time once a week, even windows 10 updates after you press shut down, not even when you're busy or anything.

>But once a year a huge upgrade takes 30 minutes so that means they all do!

Yep, just stop breathing if you think this is a problem.

The federal department of education needs to die

"The world needs more niggers."

this

fuck microsoft

Attached: 1523112869288-1.jpg (567x449, 33K)

>sterilizing niggers creates more niggers

Attached: 1526588192168.jpg (720x736, 32K)

>letting Indians be executives in a company

This is what happens.

Attached: macroshat.jpg (718x381, 69K)

please refrain from using the "nigger" word