How much does it cost to run a site like Jow Forums montly?

How much does it cost to run a site like Jow Forums montly?
Im thinking of making one but more of /news/ style and from scratch without vichan

Attached: gun11.jpg (728x960, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

iblocklist.com/
learnbchs.org/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Monthly*

depends on what domain provider and domainname you want to use

it won't cost you anything as you can run it on a raspberry pi because you won't get any users
sorry user, you're just not good enough

Could run a site from home. host it on your server which is already running 24/7 anyway. bare bones requirements is just an static ip that don't change. forward port 80 in your router to the server hosting the site. so for ex: 67.30.50.167 would take you to example site. (ip used is example)

i made a *chan back in like 2008
got flooded with CP by proxy users, i basically had to range ban over half the planet to make it stop, then there was no one left to post so I just gave up on it.

Just make sure you know what you're getting yourself into. I had those drives writing and cleaning themselves for a week straight to fully clean up any and all of that vile shit after formatting.

Someone hosted an imageboard from an old Pentium MMX running FreeBSD (mmxchan?). If you have few users and don't host heavy content, you could get away with a 5 dollar VPS, or just host from home with a raspberry pi or something similar (a VPS would be a lot safer, since fuckups from your side would contain security issues away from your home network).

I would personally avoid any pictures and videos, due to the CP issues on slow not very moderated imageboards.

The solution seems to be to have user registration but keep users anonymous from each other.

I had a chan along with my forum back in 2009~ forgot.
The forum is still up and serving over 8 million views annually.
It does fine on a 40Mbps uplink, running on a quad core celeron and 16gbs of DDR3 1600.

Had to shut down the chan because I couldn't moderate it 24/7 and it was getting flooded with thousands of CP posts, and I didn't want to get vanned.

this

I just need the money, time and resources.
Oh ok
You didn't have captcha? You didn't block proxies, vpns, tor etc etc?
Thats why im using the /news/ format. Just one picture, OP's picture.
Like the other user. You didn't use this iblocklist.com/ or captcha??

Having captcha does jack shit when they are actual humans solving them, posting CP, and then actually having conversations.

Then report them.
Keep doing it. Get authorities involved. It's not supposed to go super smooth but its doable. Like i said, if i were to ever do it, i would needs lots of money, lots of time and lots of resources to make the operation smooth as possible.

I might do it in the future, idk but i just keep getting thoughts and ideas about it every month or so.
I also might use a very minimal stack such as learnbchs.org/

You can prepare for rain but nothing can prepare you for a tsunami

If you use php, a lot because it's a shit language with shit resource handling.

If you use Elixir, maybe at most $150/mo for the servers running the forum software, plus whatever other costs there are such as cloudlfare etc.

It doesn't even seem hard, its just a lot of blocking

>block vpns
>block proxies, tor etc etc
>block china and russia
>block spiders (Web crawlers)
>keep blocking faggots (permaban, no warnings)
>good captcha
Idk what else you want

I was thinking about not using php or javascript at all on the site. Also was gonna use this
Bchs stack

>block VPNs
>block tor
>obligatory captcha
Kys. This is the reason 8ch is infinitely superior to Jow Forums. It doesn't force you to be a cuck. Your website will be trash.

based pedo

>Your website will be trash.
It isn't an onion site you pedo.

Kill yourself