"Buy a PC they're great for upgrading!"

"Buy a PC they're great for upgrading!"

Oh really cool cause my CPU needs to be upgraded for BFV.

Oh wait I need a new Motherboard too to support the CPU.

Oh wait I need a new 16gb of RAM because DDR3 isn't supported on the new motherboard.

Oh wait now I need a new CPU cooler as well to cool the new cpu.

Jesus fuck all I need is a better CPU but it'll cost 800 dollars just to upgrade that.

Attached: Specs.jpg (911x719, 104K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IkJIAB7KBsk
amazon.com/GIGABYTE-GA-A320M-S2H-MicroATX-Realtek-Motherboard/dp/B079NYQQJJ/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1530493213&sr=1-1&keywords=am4 motherboard&dpID=51PputPL0YL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch
amazon.com/AMD-Ryzen-Processor-Wraith-Cooler/dp/B07B428V2L/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1530493285&sr=1-4&keywords=ryzen
amazon.com/Timetec-2400MHz-PC4-19200-Unbuffered-Computer/dp/B071GS8TTK/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1530493430&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=16gb ddr4&psc=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You can try the i7 4790K first at least.

Get a job and stop complaining about hardware prices

when will newfags learn

Your computer will play BFV fine. If you're really anal about the 4C4T you can get a Xeon E3 1231 V3, a 4770K or a 4790K

CPU cooler mount hasn't changed since SandyBridge for intel and older AMD tab mount coolers work on AM4.

Just be glad you didn't buy an FX for gaming.

No, it won't. It doesn't even play BF1 "fine" All cores at 100% constantly and stuttering mess.

I doubt a 4790k would solve it, because it's still 4 cores and plenty of people online say it stutters on bf1 and bfv.

The cooler mount is fine but a good cooler for an i5 is not a good cooler for i7 8700k

I played and streamed BF1 on an E3 1231 V3 via shadowplay and a 1060 6G just fine. Did the same with COD WWII.

Plenty of stupid people can't optimize their shit. You included.

>have mediocre specs
>complain about having to upgrade

Might as well get a console

Attached: A90ECCE9-3613-4787-A350-70DAB7BBBDB8.jpg (546x576, 216K)

going from an i3 or even a locked i5, it would be totally worth a 4790k.. not so much if you've already got a 4690k.

it should be enough for BF5 though? In alpha the 4790k is getting like 80fps, and it's only going to get more optimized. Are you sure your OS isn't just a dumpster fire?

turn on xmp
your ram timings are pretty bad
could be causing problems

mediocre specs? how about you shut the fuck up

>He felt for the i5/980ti meme

Attached: Untitled.png (755x532, 65K)

>Oh wait I need a new Motherboard too to support the CPU.
Such is life with Intel. A socket a year keeps the goyim in fear.
>Oh wait I need a new 16gb of RAM because DDR3 isn't supported on the new motherboard.
Yes, because you got the very last generation chipset to supported DDR3. Even X99 which was out at the time was on DDR4. This shouldn't come as a surprise to you.
>Oh wait now I need a new CPU cooler as well to cool the new cpu.
Judging by your temps in that screenshot, no you don't. Your current cooler will cool a new CPU just fine, the mounting method hasn't changed. The TDP on newer CPUs hasn't changed much either.

>be cpulet
>use dated board and memory
>get mad when people tell them to upgrade their dated hardware

Shouldn’t have been a gaymer lad

Attached: 688FF1E2-5071-4A07-A15E-9791E5643C2F.jpg (480x360, 25K)

>he fell for the 970 meme

lol my i3 6100 can play everything fine paired with an rx 470, you're just retarded

>gaming
god i just want summer to end

>buys Intel
>complains about buying a new motherboard every time an upgrade is needed
Dumbass

I'm 90% sure that this and/or OP is some kind of metatroll
It's the 10% that I want to be over with.
>tfw temps rising
>tfw had to replace your wraith cooler because 2hot4u
>tfw not even inland

>3.5GB

That's just a haswell thing. You could replace the cpu / mobo / ram for ~400 if you wanted to be super cheap about it, then just sell your current stuff. Either way, a 4790k would fair quite a bit better than what you have now anyways.

>That's just a haswell thing
First I'm hearing of it, what makes Haswell more stuttery than any other arch?

Intel shills on point today
Trying to sell a fucking CPU that used on ebay costs more than the 8400 or 2600
Simply fucking epic

>3.5gb
dubs
>a socket a year keeps the goyim in fear
so fucking pathetic and so fucking true
best part is with covfefe lake, it's the same socket, but you need to buy a new motherboard ANYWAY because intel fucked the consumer up the ass with teh chipset and power delivery

It's almost like BF1 wants more than 4c/4t.
It runs way better on the 8400 or 2600x than it would a haswell i5.

>Buys laptop
>Oh really cool cause my CPU needs to be upgraded for BFV. BUT I CANT
>Oh wait I need a new Motherboard too to support the CPU. BUT I CANT
>Oh wait I need a new 16gb of RAM because DDR3 isn't supported on the new motherboard.
BUT I CANT

Not PC fault that you're a poor NEET little shit, get a job and pay your motherfucking stupid gayming hardware you nigger

The point was that he didn't want to buy a new motherboard or RAM retard. A brand new platform would be far beyond the cost of a an older i7, especially used.

>BFV
stopped reading there
please sell that computer and KYS

stop bitching your system is fine for another 5 years. Need you be reminded that it's only one generation old GPUs and effectively two generations of CPUs(Kaby lake is skylake, fite me irl) behind what's current. Just either overclock that CPU or get a better CPU for that socket.

Next time build AMD on the cheap ;)

Coffee lake is kaby Lake is skylake. They're just on refined versions of the 14nm process with some tweaks, and coffee obviously added cores. Either way rhat c I u is not "fine" for the next 5 years unless all he does is shitpost on Jow Forums all day then it's fine for the next 10 years probably.

>Either way rhat c I u is not "fine"
Either way that cpu is not "fine"* think I had a stroke.

Buy an i7 or a Xeon. E3-1230v3 isn't that expensive, $100 less than i7-4790 and it is supported by your motherboard.

>he fell for the "you only need an i5 for gaming bro!" meme

Attached: 1517298743925.png (530x492, 13K)

>Buys the K version
>Doesn’t overclock/core unlock

You’re either trolling or you know nothing about computers.

just swap the i5 for a 4790k if you can find one

Get an old Xeon.

speccy doesnt list your overclock user

>he fell for the pc gayming meme

Attached: pcmasterrace.png (1232x1156, 167K)

I didn't know you could upgrade your console cheaper or otherwise have a cheaper alternative gee thanks OP

Yes, you should have invested into a 5820K back then. This is a midrange build except for the GPU.

You don't even need to upgrade you stupid shit

He needs to, the i5 barely suffices for the minimum requirements. It will work but drop under 60 FPS.

I can hear the handrubbing to here

What the fuck? You shouldn't need a single new component to run BFV other than maybe a cpu with HT like a 4770k or 4790k. But test with you current cpu first, it'll probably do.
An overclocked 4770k or 4790k will last you fucking years.
You can oc your current cpu aswell.

Also be glad you have ddr3, ddr4 yealds close to nothing in performance increase and is expensive as hell. You could even get 16gb more ddr3 if you need it in the future very cheaply.

Attached: 1521813758219.jpg (250x248, 17K)

It does, even the cheapest DDR4 is faster than high speed DDR3. A quadcore i5 is i3 / Pentium tier now. It will run bit it will drop.

legitimately, do you have autism?

>needing a new mobo every year
Ryzen doesn't have this problem

Your pc is fine shut the fuck up misinformed boomer

It does if you want new features and for some brands, fucking bios updates for spectre and up to date Agesa.

that sounds like a normalfag problem. True Jow Forumsentoomen know they must get MSI and ANUS only

Yes ok, lets see some 2560x1440 resolution game comparisons between ddr3 and ddr4 then, since that was the subject.

Even more, lets see some other applications where ddr4 makes a significant differance over ddr3.

I'll be waiting.

Attached: 1510297604273.jpg (1280x720, 145K)

Its well known.

youtube.com/watch?v=IkJIAB7KBsk

Depends a lot on the games you play. Also the difference between 1333 and 3600 is more drastic. 3000 should be the minimum for a 2018 gaming PC, keep in my any shitty DDR4 module can archieve such speeds.

Get a cheap AM4 motherboard and one of the cheaper 6-core Ryzens. The most expensive part would be DDR4 RAM.

Cheap $50 AM4 motherboard:
amazon.com/GIGABYTE-GA-A320M-S2H-MicroATX-Realtek-Motherboard/dp/B079NYQQJJ/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1530493213&sr=1-1&keywords=am4 motherboard&dpID=51PputPL0YL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

$210 dollar hexa-core Ryzen (includes a decent cooler in the box):

amazon.com/AMD-Ryzen-Processor-Wraith-Cooler/dp/B07B428V2L/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1530493285&sr=1-4&keywords=ryzen

16GB DDR4 $150:

amazon.com/Timetec-2400MHz-PC4-19200-Unbuffered-Computer/dp/B071GS8TTK/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1530493430&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=16gb ddr4&psc=1

Total is $410 dollars. Unfortunately, it really isn't worth paying that much for the multithreaded boost over your current Core i5 (the Ryzen will probably have worse single-threaded performance), you would be better off just looking for an i7 compatible with that board.

But do you really need to upgrade, you already have good specs?

>It doesn't even play BF1 "fine"
If this is true then there's something weird going on with your system, because with your specs it should be running at a solid 60 on High settings.

Nope, his CPU is locked the Ryzen would be even slightly better, more IPC and 4 GHz.
Nope, its known i5s don't suffice. Quadcores a low end now. BF1 demands a lot of CPU if you want to play on large servers. The CPU bottleneck is just less obvious, it will often be over 60 FPS but drop once the bottleneck kicks in. If you have a GPU bottleneck there will be constant low framerates.

My friend ran BF4 fine on a i3-3220, he got a 290 and tried to play BF1, but it shuttered like hell. The GPU wasn't even utilized.

That test was 1920x1080, it was on ryzen, it was ddr4 only, there were no mention of what timings was used (pretty important) and for fucks sake in BF1 (most relevant) the lower ram speed was a tad faster.

It is not well known, nor accurate. There can be minimal differences, but nothing significant.

Upgrading your whole system in op's case to play bfv on 3000mhz ddr4, is fucking retarded.
Because he didn't want (nor need) a 2018 gaming pc, he wanted (and maybe need) a better cpu.

I won't argue that ddr4 isn't faster, its just not noticable in most cases.
And definitely not worth the price today.

Attached: 1516276975658.jpg (540x540, 17K)

No, but as stated, a Core i5 isn't sufficient to play BFV unless you aim for sub 60 FPS. He will want a hexacore Ryzen or i5/i7.

You can get Micron DIMMs for 20-25 € per piece, better than any shitty DDR3. They are shitty but still more future proof.

Stupid gamer, go back to your poostation

Well that was my original point, after he tests on his current cpu, he could get a i7 4790k and even overclock it.
It will be more than sufficient for years and when the time comes it isn't up for the task anymore in the future, something more powerful will be out for less money than he'll have to pay now.

I'm not personally planning to buy BFV, but I could test it on my system with 2 cores and ht disabled if there is any free open beta testing available.

Attached: spcy.jpg (674x532, 109K)

Its just not worth it. They pay insane amounts for used Z97 hardware. A 4790K will be likely ~120+ €. I've seen 1600s for 100 and 1700s for 150 €.

Paid 250 for the CPU, 60 for the board (new) and 80 for the RAM used. 3.75 GHz all core on 100 W.

Nice Xonar btw. I need a 2nd one for this PC, the onboard audio can't drive my new T1s.

Attached: ryzen.jpg (3029x1386, 454K)

I don't get why you would upgrade an entire PC just for one shitty game. Quake Champions runs fine on quad cores. So does Titanfall 2. I have no idea why BF would be giving you trouble unless the game was poorly optimized.

Attached: QuakeChampions_2018_07_01_22_18_41_461.jpg (1920x1080, 728K)

but user, you can still keep the:
case
power supply
graphics card
hard drives and ssd's
optical drive
periphs including monitors

or would you rather have to replace every single component?
also you don't need a fancy cpu cooler, especially on a newer cpu which you won't honestly need to overclock for a while.
this is also why you should consider socket type and upgradability down the road when you pick out your cpu. doesn't really matter much anymore, its rare you can reuse a mobo for two generations of gaming computer.

Fun Fact: Ryzen is more sensitive to timings than clockspeed. You could use 2400 Mhz with super tight timings, like cas 12, and it's better than 3200 Mhz with loose timing.

Maybe, depends on what price he can get a 4790k for, I've seen them for 70-100€ here in Norway.

Anyway, he should test with the i5 he has now, and if it struggles try overclocking it.
They are pretty much always bullshitting with those min/rec specs requirements for games.

>Nice Xonar btw.

I know, got it fairly cheap used. Use it with my trusty mdr-v6 (pic related). I'm sure there are alot better headphones out there, but this is the one of two times I took a gamble on Jow Forums memes, and it paid off. Love them.

The other time was on a model m, and I hated everything about it.

Attached: 1528917379851.gif (456x522, 647K)