How does Jow Forums manage its passwords? are pw managers legit or should I keep using 12345

how does Jow Forums manage its passwords? are pw managers legit or should I keep using 12345

Attached: Screenshot_2018-07-01 password manager - Google Search.png (369x369, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

keepassx.org/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

this has worked well for me for years. keepassx.org/

Attached: keepassx-e1513285659637.jpg (276x300, 46K)

Just use plain pass in your terminal and install the pass-ff addon in Firefox for browser integration. Sync your .password-store directory with syncthing and you're good to go

use lowercase, upercase, numeral and special characters in your password and store them using keepass or it's derivatives like you fucking potato.

Attached: 1520972532749.png (683x489, 193K)

I just remember them

Attached: 97e.jpg (1175x1248, 131K)

Fuck yes. KeepassXC and Keepass DX forever. The only reason I use Dropbox, which is a bit silly.

I write them on paper and keep them in my house. By the time anyone could get to them they also have physical access to my PC, in which case I'm fucked anyway.

>that one smart practical answer

>using a single point of failure

Just fucking REMEMBER THEM

Better a single point of failure with good encryption and a secure password than using simple (easy to break) passwords or repeating them (meaning that one insecure service fucks your accounts on many services). And there's no way to remember unique secure passwords for every service you use.

I use different passwords on every service and can remember all of them. Just use related passwords, it helps

And your passwords are less secure than 32+ pseudorandom characters.
single point of failure only matters if you don't make backups of the database and/or have Alzheimer's and forget the master key.

Thinking of buying an OnlyKey.
>PW manager
>2fa
>stores and does pgp
>secured by a pin
>nukes itself after pin brute force attempts
>>>>>(open source)

It's like $50 on Amazon. Seems like a worthwhile investment for us tinfoil hats.

Attached: [email protected] (1500x1125, 243K)

And here's an idea. Can't you combine a normal password and the input of your password manager? Would prevent the single point of failure problem.

>Just fucking REMEMBER THEM
>single point of failure
Get a load of Johnny-Two-Brains over here

If you have a functioning brain you should remember your damn passwords. Don't use a wheelchair if you don't need one

>All those complex passwords your remember

LOL

I have hundreds of passwords which are random sequences of often more than 32 characters and they are sometimes changed as often as every six months or so. The encrypted password database is synced on four computers, two of them with ZFS disk mirror filesystems (high integrity). Less recent versions of the database are also typically stored on an external USB hard drive and a flash (thumb) drive. It is an effective setup that has worked well for several years.

Attached: 7of9-card.jpg (357x499, 53K)

But wheelchair is comfy.

isn't a piece of paper a good option if am not fearful of losing it and i don't fear anyone in the house finding it?

i don't trust any of those "save your password online all in a single spot" services.

How do I "use" plain pass in my terminal? I am learning to use LXTerminal so I can eventually >use everything in the terminal

Firefox sync.