Dad spends thousands upon thousands of dollars for a home stereo system

>dad spends thousands upon thousands of dollars for a home stereo system
>plugs in his aux cable and plays music directly off youtube
i fucking hate boomer fucks

Attached: 1530358901980.png (1000x861, 259K)

*glugglugglug*
AHHHHHHHHHHH

know that feel brah.
boomers were a mistake.

>dad claims they can't afford to put me through college (~15k/yr, public engineering university)
>parents literally buy 3 brand new cars and take multiple vacations while im in school
>not 80k in debt and nearly homeless

Attached: senior year.png (635x661, 227K)

>now*

dammit

How can you not be 80K in debt now?

Ignorance is bliss, let him enjoy it.

Should have started out in community college kid

I know that feeling user
>uncle spends thousands on speakers
>connects iPad via Bluetooth adapter
>plays Youtube video in 120p because wifi is slow
>"just listen to that quality user! I know good audio when I hear it"

Attached: 1300654251001.jpg (645x773, 85K)

Please tell me this is a boomer larp. Nobody that 'starts' at community college ever ends up leaving their fuckin hometown.

Louder == Better, user

t. lazy fuck

My dad literally couldn't figure out why I couldn't pay for a years worth of tuition off of a summer job.

Not that bad when you dont live in poorfag city.

> Living in a country with non-free universities
kek

>Dad buys a PS1 for Christmas
>I get super excited
>"Son, this isn't for you. This is for my audio CD collection."

Attached: 1529351480194.png (218x231, 9K)

>Wahh, I'm entitled to everything I want for free.

Should have gone into the trades bloomer boy

>go into trades
>work back breaking labor all day
>if you're inside, you're playing with people's literal feces or crawling under their house to wire something
>literally non-stop opportunities to get sued because of how many codes and standards need to be followed to the T
>make like mid 20s/hr if you're lucky
>body breaks down when you're in your 40s

vs

>get engineering degree
>don't slack off in university
>get juicy ass white collar job at high 5 figures, even start in the 6 figure range if out west at the right companies
>some debt to pay off but it'll be gone within a decade or so just making slightly-above-minimum payments

when will this trade meme die?

Attached: le buck tooth rich punching man.png (322x235, 141K)

>my parents are supposed to pay for my education
the absolute state of zoomers

people who are reasonably intelligent should not be charged for becoming better people.

>bringing human beings into the world without the means to ensure their life isn't complete shit

the absolute state of boomers & mike rowe bootstrap worshippers

>Begging mommy and daddy for money

once you hit 18 everything else is gratuity and not obligation. It's not your parent's obligation to send you to higher education.

Aw! Is wittle bwoomer boy afwaid of getting his wittle hands dirty? If a bit of debt is such a non-problem what were you bitching about earlier?

Never, because the world will always need electricians and such. While your job gets replaced by AI slowly over time

When they rant and rave about how important a college education is to success and leave you high & dry, yeah, it kinda is their responsibility. Or at the very least give me some fucking tangible advice as to how life works. 18 year olds are retarded.

Who knew there were so many tradecucks on Jow Forums? Just goes to show only about 0.0005% of this board actually holds a job in technology lmfao. Bonafide larpers

Attached: STOP RIGHT THERE.png (1440x1440, 827K)

No. They can point you to a better life past 18. Getting there is up to you. Leech

>profiteer from the destruction of the local economies for some globalist, multinational capitalism
>mad when your children need an education to have a step up over foreign nationals and they have no means to pay for it.

fucking boomers are literal scum.

I went to college, and still ended up moving back to my hometown and still living with my fucking parents in my 30s because shit's expensive.

Applying to college isn't proof that you're intelligent. If you're so sure of yourself, take on the risk and assume some debt. And be grateful we have systems in place that allow you to do so.

And what was your degree? Your GPA? How hard did you jobhunt? Anecdotes mean nothing

He pays for the internet you shitpost and fap with, and buys you chicken tendies that keep you comfortably over-nourished, have more respect.

>get engineering degree
>have to work stressful job that requires 50+ hours a week
>just kidding, job gets outsourced to Asia anyway

This tbqh. Or they drop in and out of school and take 6+ years to get their liberal arts degree. I knew I needed to get out of my hometown for school, I'm in debt but at least I finished and have a good job now. Think I'm making more than anybody else in my graduating class

1. IT
2. Hell if I even remember at this point not that it really matters
3. Part of the problem is that a lot require experience you can't get without having worked a job and other requirements so they can be cheap assholes and not train you , most of us then just end up working at retail, food and warehouse places.

>50+ hours a week
Quit any job that makes you do this unless you're the owner. And if everything gets outsourced to Asia you'll need that bachelors degree to get a job serving food

>paying for education
must be hard living in a shithole.

It's okay, Europeans on average get paid half of what Americans do and we get taxed less. So we're still king baby even if we do have to go 100k in debt to get it.

>you have to have a job in the tech sector if you want to shitpost about Thinkpads and Gentoo with us

Based retard

not OP but I'd rather the taxes we do have to give in america would go to shit that actually benefits us (Healthcare, education etc) instead of a bloated military budget and corporate welfare checks. We can totally pay for this shit without even touching take rates for most of us. Unless there's some secrete multi billionaire that actually has time to shitpost on Jow Forums.

>engineering is a quality field

Spotted the boomer.

Ontop of that how about those horrible 12 hour day jobs? That shit's so wrong. Nobody should work more than 8.

>Be grateful for a system where you have to work besides uni and live as a zombie for three years and be 80k in dept just for the priviledge of teaching you how to work.

Even near third world countries like Hungary can provide free education

Its nice at mine because we do 9 hour days but take every other Friday off, doing 10 hour days means you get every Friday off which is cool too

>tfw 36 year millennial
>terrified of becoming a boomer in 9 years

i can't even.

>Waaah college is hard! I can't do a job at the same time!
Sounds like you aren't worth society's investment.

>mom constantly complains about how little money they have
>they go and buy jetskis and a meat smoker and shit
It baffles me
Same with millennials complaining about no money and then eating out for every meal
Just fucking think with your brain for once

yes goy be grateful you can go in debt goy

ya cuz someone who has schedules that might not line up with the "on-demand" scheduling of retail makes you employable.

the best college jobs are going to be internships which are going to be hard to come by.

and im sure hungary is just full of great people that are worth investment, right? definitely not the system being jewish? thats easier for you to believe? youre a fucking moron

tfw your dad is too old to be a boomer

look on the bright side. you don't owe them shit now. when they're old and decrepit, tell them to pay for their own servant or nursing home

not to mention a lot of those are unpaid

son comes home from work "Hey dad what you doing"? "Oh just working on the software for for a new synth that Roland are creating"...... Dad can you help me stop these adverts on my computer?...
I fucking hate milennials

People talk about this but I think its rare to find an actual unpaid internship. Theyll pay you at least half a proper wage, like $12-$14/hr

>being upset that a voluntary contract is available to you
Hungary is going to stay a shit hole because they waste money giving useless bloomers free shit.

>Learn IT as a trade
>wander around fixing basic shit like getting a new mouse or keyboard
>get paid $22 an hour
Its not a huge amount but its more than livable

At least your dad still fucking talks to you (damn asshole)

lemme try

>buy super nice stereo system for family
>spent like a thousand dollars of my hard earned money, many hours choosing, planning and executing the ideal setup
>son keeps harping on how its not hooked up optimally or something
>its literally fucking fine, I cant hear the difference anyway
ungrateful little shit

>the law is a moral guide
As a self-made uni graduate, I really, really would have loved for my parents to pay my way through, they had the means as well. I had some really dark months which, despite what people like to say about hardship, didn't make me stronger.

Studying 40 hours a week and working another 35 isn't something a 17yo should have to do just to get a degree. My friends partied and holidayed, and their grades were just as good as mine. Unlike me, they didn't gain 70lbs, stay single for all of their prime years, and yo-yo on anti-depressants.

Now I'm 25 going on 26, still can't sleep uninterrupted for more than 4 hours despite being on a normal work rota for 5 years.

> despite what people like to say about hardship, didn't make me stronger.

I have had to deal with anxiety in some way or another since I was a kid so I can relate to this, Having this hardship has done nothing to help me in the slightest, except hating myself and hating other people's bullshit.

I do this but don't have many clients, should I advertise myself in social media?

At least the little fuck has a job. My son just sits in the basement on /a/ and has no idea I'm on Jow Forums all the time.

Being a parent doesn't fucking stop until your ass is dead whether you like it or not. Didn't want that life commitment? Shouldn't have had kids asshole.

>the moment you hit college you get kicked out and disowned
the absolute state of amerimutts

I wouldn't know about that. all the ones I was looking for when I was a Jr were paid. only the meme ones that were more like a tour and field day at the facility were unpaid.

retard everything will be replaced by AI

I think we need to fix primary and secondary education first.

Attached: 4f0b5867eab8ea4c24000033-750-563.jpg (750x563, 95K)

This so fucking much

This. Let them get manhandled and abused by some latinx or black "woman" that doesn't give a shit about them

I don't know how true it is, but I've heard that in some states it's illegal to do that, unless you're getting some sort of class credit.

Well that could be improved as well. Really a lot of existing money just isn't utilized in the right ways just to benefit billionaires instead.

Money spent =/= better education
US would probably spend that money on useless shit that would not actually affect the outcome of student's learning

Wanted to post this instead

Attached: teaching-hours-chart-US-thumb-665xauto-9269.jpg (665x508, 299K)

We're getting there. Mandatory Public Union Fees just got btfo'd by SCOTUS, meaning the Teacher's Union will begin disintegrating from cratering membership this year.

No no no, being a parent stops when your spawn reaches the age of majority. Everything else you do for your children beyond that point is an extra

my dad did this but when he got bored of it after a year he let me play crash bandicoot occasionally

he had to set it up and remove it afterwards every time just so i could play for an hour for some reason though

If you're going to bring somebody in the world just to give them a shit life you're a bad person

use a fucking condom

I think we need to attract people who have an actual talent and love for teaching and pay them well

Attached: K-12 Spending per Student world rankings_1.jpeg.jpg (845x654, 86K)

Roland a shit

>Wahh! My privileged first world life is shit! Woe is me!
Your life is better than the one you would have almost anywhere else at any other point in history.

Funny how the better schools are actually the ones in the middle like Finland.

>I had some really dark months which, despite what people like to say about hardship, didn't make me stronger.
this x100

I did.

The state seems to think so, since your income includes theirs when determining financial aid under the age of 25. I had to prove I was legally emancipated to get FAFSA to cover me because my mother didn't work/leeched off her bf, and my dad was mostly absent, which meant no tax returns from either. I was 19 and living on my own since 17. Don't even get me started on healthcare.

I wonder if it has nothing to do with spending then. What if it's something else? Hmm, what could it be? What could be so educationally challenging in bastions like Baltimore, NYC, and Chicago?

t. boomer

Attached: iu[1].jpg (474x279, 26K)

t. bloomer who has never heard of inflation

>introduce voucher system
>introduce standardised school performance leagues for core subjects
>introduce pass/fail exams for continuation of education beyond 16
>introduce fast-track programs for children who are promising

That would save an enormous amount

>posts a chart last updated 10 years ago when trying to discuss a commodity price
Are you being retarded on purpose or something?

remind yourself of that when you complain how expensive a loaf of bread is to the cashier, while we're trying to buy our cheap energy drink to get through the 8 hour shift before class faggot

>wasting money on muh sugar water
>then complaining that you aren't given enough money for doing nothing

And if they fail throw em to the streets?

If they fail educating them isn't achieving anything. Make them their parents problem and not society's.

>nominal value
t. idiot zoomer

I'm in my 2nd year of bug boy university after going to community college and I still can't find a job in my field
Good thing I'm going for a dual degree I guess

All terrible ideas

Attached: 2014_TeacherSalary_TimeTeaching.png (570x1075, 25K)

But if this thread is any indication, there's some parents who aren't willing to deal with the problem either. They'll just end up in the streets.

Are you under the impression that it's impossible to get any job without a degree?

>40 year old boomer who doesn't know how bad credential inflation has become