Does Ryzen 2 need a mobo bios update for older boards

Need to build a rendering machine til the end of the month, does Ryzen 2 need a bios update for B350 boards or is it only APU's, I am going to buy the mobo new in a week or two

Attached: 615WxvyEIBL._SX425_.jpg (425x367, 19K)

Yes.

Ah fuck, PC ain't for me I dont have the time to wait for amd to send me a loaner cpu

Just be patient user. Start a hobby in the meantime, or make progress on a current hobby. Don't just put yourself down because you have to wait a few days for a loaner CPU.
If anything, try and find a local computer store that's willing to do it for either free, or a relatively cheap price. Not sure where you are, but there's an Australian company called PLE, and having it done through them was free. I didn't enquire elsewhere, since they were my first choice because of locality.
Not sure if it'll be the same for you, but just don't give up.
Also, if you've bought the motherboard in recent times, there's a good chance it'll be 2000-series ready.

The PC isnt for me, I'm building it for a university friend that works with rendering and animation and needs to pick it up by the start of August, if it was for me I would wait for loaner cpu

Go to a PC store an ask them if they are able to update the bios for you, even if it's for a small fee.
They'll probably have a spare 1st gen Ryzen lying around

>start of August
I'm sure that's plenty of time to have the CPU out to you by.
Also, if they're doing it for rendering and animation, why not just get a cheaper X470 mobo to go along with his shiny new 2000-series CPU?

PC stores here haven't delt with that shit for years

Budget is an issue, x470 boards are not cheap atleast here and even with the current setup he is pushing his budget

Ah okay, fair enough then.
Why not look at a 1st gen Ryzen CPU then? They've dropped price quite a bit since 2nd gen.

A few bucks difference here, and I probably will have to drop a generation I'm not that sad I will drop a few percent performance it's just that they are pretty much equally priced and i will have to drop the newer one just because of some bullshit

Depends on the board and if the manufacturer keeps the board updated

Buy both CPU's. Use the old one to flash the BIOS then send it back :)

It's his money, if the store refuses to take it back or something I'm fucked

Buy the lowest spec CPU from Amazon. Return it or sell it on Ebay for a few dollars less as new.

Im time constrained and i dont trust national posts to deliver shit after they gave me a package with 5 months delay

What Ryzen was you going to buy then for the price?

Get more friends that are not Intel slaves

I wanted to get the 2600 but now it seems I will be getting either the 1600 or 1600x since they are literally about the same price as a 2600

I have a ryzen 1700 and I can upgrade for you. Send all the parts to me and I will send it back.

Some of the fucking B350s even with the Ryzen 2000 ready sticker worked with APUs but not regular Ryzen 2000 cpus.

You can never be sure what you get if you buy until you try to boot these days.

If the motherboard has a bios flashback feature, you won't need a CPU to update the bios. I don't know if any B350 mobos have this functionality, but I'd take a look just in case.

My 2600x just arrived,so I should be fine since I had 1300x until now or should I check for bios update just in case?

Attached: 20180702_101211-01.jpg (3264x2762, 2.83M)

Yes, but some B350 already came with update bios.
Check if your mobo box got this sticker.

Attached: ryzen2000ready.jpg (620x342, 87K)

>muh bios update
>not even an existing mobo
>Im gunna buy a mobo
>yet another falseflag thread
Shintelkikes literally have no shame.
Just fucking check the description before you buy. Or just ask the store to update it, some do it for free.

It's already pointed out that that sticker is only for APUs, plenty of people report non-bootable Ryzen 2000 ready motherboards that still need another bios update to work with the 2600+

just buy 400 series mobo if you dont have a mobo already you fucking retard

Attached: 1512286925724.png (478x523, 80K)

If you bought your motherboard long ago you should update.
Even if you bought your motherboard with sticker saying that it supports latest CPUs you should check it too, those are lying sometimes (failure of retailers).

I bought it with 1300x last dummer and think last bios update I did was fall or so, dumb me will just check again.

Why are AMDrones get so offensive the second any minor issue regarding their poo company brought up?

im this ass
Basically cheched net and op - if you buy 3xx mobo, most likely it wont boot due to needing bios update. Just get 4xx mobo

Yeah but I have yet to hear about any problem with getting BIOS update for any AM4 MB.

Theres no issue getting them, april revisions cover it, you just wont be able to boot it from brand new 3xx mobo most likely. Just saying. Tell your friend whats up and make him cough up few extra bucks. I had to update my gigabyte ga-gaming 3 too, luckily I was already running 1300x, so I had no issue. As others said, you would have to opt for buying cheap cpu or get amd care kit to update bios

ask local store to update it for you ?