Why does everyone hate on Acer laptops? Is it just their budge line or something else?

Why does everyone hate on Acer laptops? Is it just their budge line or something else?

Attached: 1472742847276.jpg (650x443, 27K)

They've been pretty consistent over the years in using cheap plastic builds.

So don't throw them and they'll be fine

Attached: 1472742219769.jpg (970x647, 129K)

Have Acer Aspire from 2011 still chugging along

Attached: acer-aspire-timeline-x-5820tg_1.jpg (830x467, 28K)

>OEM keyboard
>flat numpad
Why is this allowed? Fucking why?

>jade

Because the keypad is reversible to touchpad (notice how there is none)

my metal 1080 ips Acer chromebook running galliumos is pretty great but their plastic stuff is lacking

What a horrific piece of shit.

Attached: the size of that lad.png (221x89, 7K)

acer is like the poor man's asus, which is like the chink dell

Their desktop machines back in the day were fucking awful but that's long gone.

Their laptops aren't bad, it's just people conveniently forget they're $100 to $200 cheaper than the same configuration HP ProBook or Dell and then complain it's bad.

It isn't bad and if you're careful with it it should last a long time.

Have you ever opened one up? Imagine assembling everything in your laptop on a desk, placing it into a case, and using 1 screw and 2 pieces of tape to hold everything together. That's an Acer laptop.

That's not necessarily bad, they're surprisingly easier to service. I never had issues swapping a HDD or ODD, cleaning, or installing a new screen or keyboard.

Acer usually have some good service manuals, you can do it at home.

Can't hate a company with the most unironically innovative laptop design over the past decade.

Attached: acerr7-lead.jpg (619x413, 47K)

They're shit quality.

That's not a macbook bro

Their budget line are their best line desu. They are engineered to be cheap and they end up being pretty reliable.
Avoid their $400-$1000 laptops, they are fucking garbage, flex issues are the most common with Wifi being the first to go kaput and eventually shutdowns.

No idea. They are cheap plastic so the case is fragile, but I've never had problems with the hardware itself, it doesn't break randomly, doesn't overheat and always has drivers.

I'm using one right now, I like it quite a lot. It's been working well for over a year, though I have been taking good care of it. Acer cloudbook 14

I have one of their $150 models and they're surprisingly rigid. The bottom case is full of standoffs, so there's no real empty space inside.

Easy to service as well, no special screws, glue and all that garbage meme laptops suffer from.

I used a $300 Acer Aspire from 2009 until 2016. Of course it was a cheap piece of shit but it held up fine

>let's put all the memes we can think of and put them into one laptop, this will surely turn out well

If that laptop could speak it would be telling us to kill it now

That's pretty cool.

I have an acer from late 2013, hardware-wise the biggest gripe I have is the flimsy screen, bends even if you fart at it. Sometimes the battery light starts beeping orange until you reset it. Btw the battery can last up to 10 hrs.

Software-wise it is windows 10 and intel that ruined the fucking thing, other than that, it still runs with no problem, although the i5 4200u is showing its age whenever I have matlab and spyder open together

the one thing that needs to be good no matter what, build quality, is shit. We can deal with underpowered hardware (apple), we can deal with shitty displays (memepads), but no manufacturer should ever cheap out on build quality, ever. Acer does it.

Had 3, all of them still work, one was even good enough to resell, my current one had a ton of abuse(liquid damage of display and keyboard, one fan broken during cleaning - it had two, half of the screws lost, case cracked in couple of places due to opening it so many times) but still works fine. I replaced the display and keyboard obviously, but didn't bother replacing the broken fan because the cooling solution on this thing is so good that even one fan is enough.

Attached: 460251-acer-aspire-v-15-nitro-vn7-591g-70jy.jpg (630x393, 15K)