>sort of drunk today
>run a 10 year old computer as a torrent slave which regularly overheats
>start computer
>torrent client shows all my torrents missing
>including my all my aikatsu and PR torrents FUCK
>FUCK FUCK FUCK
>Go into appdata
>metadata for torrent client is corrupted
>immediately back up all salvageable metadata on another drive and start working on it on a different computer
>DigitalBrainSurgery.mkv
>manage to restore the some corrupted files
>plug salvaged metadata back into old computer
>still not working
>torrents not being added
>files not being found
>too labor intensive to reassociate manually
Anyway long story short because I know nobody cares, I managed to restore everything to working condition after banging my head on it figuratively for hours. My torrents and data were saved. My neighbors are probably wondering why I'm screaming again but these are joyful screams.

Attached: korean_single_restaurant.jpg (900x600, 172K)

great blog post, summer
subscribed

What client do you recommend for grabbing anime?
Got a new computer after my last one died and I think it had a very old uTorrent that I never updated ever since I installed it on the old computer.

Why don't you run linux on the torrent box?

GTFO summerfag

>big words
>greensext
>short lines, wItTY
>SERIES
>oF
>tUBES
lITERAL SUMMER
out
also, vaguely Jow Forums related, fuck off atleast back to /b/

Attached: 1529759475371.png (218x249, 120K)

The next auxillary computer I buy I will run Ubuntu or mint on. In this case this old computer has 10 years worth of history on it and it would be inconvenient to run a different OS and lose all my preferences and settings

just be yourself

That said, the pathname limit in windows can be incredibly frustrating to deal with

you know what's funny. OP posts a pretty ordinary story about his torrent client losing some data and Jow Forums shits all over him for whatever reason. this board's newer members try WAY TOO HARD to fit in so so they pretend to hate anime and video games in an attempt to look more competent or something but in reality all i ever see here is people talking about GPUs for gaming and people pretending to be productive while posting anime reaction images. OH HE'S SUCH A SUMMERFAG. REEEE NORMIE. i've been here for quite some time, you can't fool me. i know for a fact nobody here does anything meaningful or worthwhile, it's just dick measuring and arguing like everywhere else

headphone general? anime
thinkpad general? anime
programming/syntax threads? anime

hahaha, if anything you guys should be embracing OP since he's just like everyone else that posts here. why are so rude to our members? we all like the same stuff so why are we nerds so hostile and abrasive towards one other

its winter in australia bra

I'm terribly scared of dataloss too

maybe get a server and install owncloud on it?
it syncs all the files you want to sync so if you let it sync the whole system all data is safe on it in the state the last sync (happening in 5 min intervals per default I think) happened

I have my own owncloud server but I haven't tried a configuration like that, maybe worth a shot tho

Jesus man, do weekly backups. HDDs are cheap.

Maybe he should post his fucking blog in an already existing thread or maybe not at all unless it's extremely relevant to a conversation. Animeposters are fine, it's just reactions and shit anyway. Things were way worse years ago.
Gaymurs with their GPU autism need to slow the fuck down, and newfags need to lurkmoar before starting banal threads.

Long term I'd like to set up a home server or a cloud storage system

Cloud storage is still surprisingly expensive in my country though. The thing is I'm probably going to buy a home in the next few years so I don't want to start setting up a server until I do that

I should look into automatic backup. The thing is I don't like to keep hard drives running 24/7 for obvious reasons. My current home also has leaking/flooding problems so I have to be extremely careful about having electronics that I give a shit about set up unmonitored

I backup data like music and anime, but it hadn't occurred to me to backup torrent client metadata

Lesson learned though because I've started a backup for that since this event happened

ITT: no on-topic discussion allowed

At least you got some of it back

Every problem you have will be fixed if you install Gentoo.

Taking compressed filesystem images is mandatory. If you don't back something up you'll inevitably miss it when it's gone.

should've installed gentoo

>recovering alcoholic
>sort of drunk today
Pick one and only one.

You're right. I should definitely set that up.

Long term I'd like to build a cloud storage backup system to protect myself in the event of a flood, house fire, burglary, or something of that nature.

Why? If he's no longer drinking he's recovering and will reach a sober state before drinking again.

Just push images to backblaze or another s3 alt (or s3 if you're okay with spending 3x as much). Decent backup software can just do this, like duplicity. It'll also encrypt the image first and will store them differentially to save space.

>whole thread
omg it's stupidity distilled. The 4ch is a machine to make raw stupidity.

I wonder what do they do with it afterwards.

Next year is always worse. Now is shit but enjoy it while you can

>hostile and abrasive towards one other
because if you are nice to an idiot, he clings to you.

This is seriously true. A lot of idiots are good at one thing: Ask for help until someone feels bad enough to help you, then make them do all the work because you're too stupid to do anything.

Why do you have a torrent slave? What the fuck is there to even torrent?

You'll have to move everything eventually, just move it all now while you've got it figured out and throw Ubuntu on that fucker. Or throw something else on it. Move all your files onto a temporary drive or partition in the meantime

I know you're right. I'll take care of it eventually...

Attached: 1529610925275.gif (320x213, 1.33M)

>recovering alcoholic
>sort of drunk

That’s not what recovering means, user

desu I'm just going to backup the metadata for now

crazy busy at the moment and money is tight. Also moving soon. Will be getting a higher salary soon though

Get some backup and a redundant raid IS NOT A BACKUP.