Help me Jow Forums im kind of on the fence about buying this monitor (1440p/144hz/IPS)

Help me Jow Forums im kind of on the fence about buying this monitor (1440p/144hz/IPS)
and i was wondering if the TN version which costs 250$ less would be better. Also general QTDDTOT i guess

Attached: 1319580-n0.jpg (700x631, 52K)

or better yet

>hi everyone it's me vidyaGAYmtard666 how's it goin'
begone

TN panels look like shit imo.

get an x900f

>va panel
>local dimming
>6000:1 native cr
>144p@120hz
>240hz bfi

etc

But is it worth an extra 250$?
I heard that Ips glow and BLB is a huge problem on these monitors plus the reviews i saw are kinda inconlusive because one half get a screen thats completely fked with dust under the foil and dead pixels while the other half has a perfect product

The only thing i found when looking for "x900f" was a 4k television from sony surely you didnt mean this right?

iiyama has/had TN monitors that are true 8-bit

not sure what the downside is

It's a tv that has better PQ than 99.99% of monitors, yes.

Ah okay but it costs 1300$ more than the monitor and i think overkill might be a bit of an understatement for this seeing how i would just use it for vidya and movies

Get a 4 k display

But how do you warrant an increase in price and loss of performance?

Qdot is a slow ass Samsung VA panel. Get Acer xf270hu or whatever the new model is or if you're a burger get the pixio new px277

No, the TN panel will be slightly worse. I recently upgraded from the XB280 (4K TN) to a XB321 (4K IPS).

It mainly depends on the color accuracy you need. The IPS has better colors, but the overall quality is the same, the IPS might have bleeding issues. Input lag is no difference.
Acer TN is also true 8-bit. I read the review, the only difference is the IPS covers more sRGB range. But you won't buy this monitor for photo editing.

Well i don't know if i "need" color accuracy as i will probably only use it for vidya the whole reason i made this thread was to figure out if the extra price was worth it

enjoy your 200ms input lag

>12ms is 200ms

Monitorlets can't compete

Attached: 1530310025333.jpg (640x640, 79K)

I have 1.2ms via DP on my 1080p 120Hz benq

Do you have a possibility to test it? I only switched because it was cheap. The colors look slightly better but they weren't as bad. Lots of people blame TN, but this only applies to cheap and old TNs, viewing angles don't matter unless you plan a triple setup.

Not really, thats my problem most electronics stores around here only have 4k meme machines and curved monitors on display and even if they had one it would probably just show some render or video which wont really help me decide

I'm kind of in the same boat. I don't do any colour-sensitive work and give zero shits about viewing angles, but my current benq TN looks fucking garbage. Are all the reviews that say these high-end TNs have good-looking colours correct?

4K isn't a meme. Its just expensive. You can take any high end TN vs IPS. If they have the XB281 and 271/321HK take these. Basically the XB281 is a 280 with a new chassis. The other ones are IPS variants. I think the 27 costs 600 the 321 900 €.