This thread is about /smartwatch/ related discussion and photos

This thread is about /smartwatch/ related discussion and photos.

I've always hated these fucking things for obvious reasons, but I'm starting to understand the convenience of having one. Most notably is battery life increase on phone, and being less anxious about checking my phone.

Does anyone have recommendations or comments about smart watches?

I haven't really looked into them much, but I feel like I'd want something that isn't obviously a smart watch. I'm not usually a watch person in general, but I can handle wearing one. On the other hand I don't want people to know right away that I'm wearing a smart watch either.

As for platform goes, I usually use Android because I'm a Linux person, but I'm honestly considering getting an iPhone next just because I'm tired of Android's bullshit. Monopoly on hw+sw produces quite a nice product. That said, I'm not sure if I would want to use an Apple Watch.

Attached: Screenshot_20180702-103609.jpg (1413x1412, 318K)

MODS

Xiaomi stuff is usually quite decent, smartwatches included.

>he doesn't have a phone with a 10k mAh battery so that he doesn't need to care about battery conservation
feel bad for (You)

Samsung gear line is great, especially if you have a Samsung phone. I have two, the frontier and the sport.

Multiple days between charges, water resistant and the sport model is full on water proof... I've scuba diver in mine, as well as pool lap swimming. Integrations are nice, although the Samsung voice recognition is pretty shit. After a shower or swim the mic and speakers fill up with moisture and kind of suck. The notifications and such are all fantastic, full messages and response capabilities right from the wrist. On the frontier you can answer calls, which a thought I'd never actually use, but it does come in hand, especially if you're doing something like making dinner that requires both hands and they might have some shit on them.

They also have the master race rotating bezel navigation. They also support Samsung pay and magstrip spoofing... people look at you like a fucking wizard when they say their payment system doesn't do wireless pay and your watch beeps their little card read magnetic track and registers.

I've tried others, I used them for a couple days and returned them all. Hopefully Samsung will keep it up and we'll just see Google assistant integration and better battery life.

nice

who shitted the regular watch thread off Jow Forums? Why not just ban the spammer

Attached: Omega-Seamaster-Aqua-Terra-Blue_170323004.jpg (1250x834, 101K)

Attached: omega_5447551.jpg (768x1024, 197K)

Attached: seiko_3.jpg (4500x2999, 851K)

>Most notably is battery life increase on phone, and being less anxious about checking my phone.
it's like trying to combat a heroin addiction with methadone... great job, you're the urban yuppie equivalent of a drug-addled hobo

What the fuck happened in the last thread?

Mods are lazy faggots

Hi

Attached: ALS tourbillon detail.jpg (400x541, 40K)

>Multiple days between charges
Please elaborate. All the reviews talk about either working a bit more than 1 day of continuous lte, gps, wifi, fitness sensors and music player use or about the autonomous low power mode that's literally just a watch.
I'm looking for something that can work for a few days while providing call vibration and all notifications display over bluetooth from my phone, no fitness/tracking bullshit, but samsung pay would be nice since my samsung phone is unsupported in my country.

mfsnefsng'G;AJBEGSKGNBLSKBK;GB;NNN;N;GNBNAPINPINRPIBNGNBD;NGBINTIBNTRISNBPMLVNAL;N VCJKBAKJBKJBasjdbajbdjkbvjfbjbsbllajdbAJLHFjhfdjlhaljfhdjlhJSD

holy shit, they nuked /wg/ again. Does anyone know of a cheaper watch with a similar finishing?

Attached: hublot bronze.jpg (2000x1500, 387K)

hublot also released an uber expensive smartwatch for the world cup

Attached: Hublot_Big_Bang_Referee_2018_FIFA_World_Cup_Russia_Smartwatch_Featured.jpg (1000x1000, 227K)

I get about 3 days per charge, Bluetooth and health/heart tracking on (5 or 10 min heartrate intervals). If you disable that you'd probably get more. The gesture stuff is good, so just make sure it's screen off with the gesture detection enabled and you're good to go... hold watch up and it turns on, I have the shortest screen time out, it's like 10 seconds unless I'm interacting with the watch.

You talk so much about programming, but you cant talk about hacking because you cant actually do anything. I run a hacked network of computers that I programmed to click on googles ads in my secret website. I even write my own viruses to make people get hacked into my network. I work at home and have a bunch of screens showing me what people on my network are doing on their screens. I can even set it so that i can see the code of their computers. can you guys do any of that? I dont think so. I bet you dont know where all the websites real hackers hang out are either? if you name them, I just might tell them that marshviperX sent you.

Attached: 1530196679595.jpg (604x604, 37K)

oh is that why

I thought they simply decided that it fits better on whatever other board they went to