> github.com/mayfrost/guides/blob/master/IRC.md

Ψ Last threads:

Attached: 1337.png (1920x1080, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fEMcjVsc5cg
seclists.org/bugtraq/2018/Jun/61
seclists.org/bugtraq/2018/Jun/62
seclists.org/bugtraq/2018/Jun/66
scmp.com/news/china/diplomacy-defence/article/2153310/china-brings-star-wars-life-laser-ak-47-could-set-fire
youtube.com/watch?v=46s2xk4NF-s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Last thread reached the bump limit.

>le haxxorr xD
wow kys

Is it OK to ask question related to pentesting here?

yeah sure go ahead mate

I've been doing some pentesting to a network I'm in charge with.
and I found something weird, While running pixiedust attack on pic related (TP-Link TL-WR841N), some times the pixiedust attack fails, while sometimes it works.
The same goes for reaver which to my understanding is just brute-forcing the PIN.
Any idea what causes it?

Forgot pic.

Attached: 1530544747522.png (430x500, 77K)

And it was a good one.

Attached: cyberpunk_cityscape_by_klauspillon-d83vjqq.jpg (1920x1024, 1.92M)

probably some kind of rate limiting would be my guess. as it probably guesses random pins there is some chance that it'd work before a lockout.
pixie dust is a very fast attack so i doubt it's a timeout

did you make sure the nib is clean and the inkwell is full?

those are the first 2 pentests you should run before seeing if your problem is intrinsic, i.e., you might be illiterate

>rate limiting
As in WPS lockout?
If that's the case, why would it work sometimes then?
the same goes for pixiedust, it's not a fast attack, it's an offline attack there shouldn't be timeout, it either works or not.

Any good NetFlix series about hackers/"trolls" and all that stuff?

Attached: 1526687078572.jpg (1124x1024, 129K)

apologies, i mistook reaver for pixie_wps
i suppose due to the nature of the attack relying on weak PRNG there is invariably a chance that it'll fail on some occasions. if it works some percentage of the time i wouldn't worry about it though
if you want to know more about how the tool works i'd suggest checking out the source code for yourself, which i'm sure will shine some light on the issue.

Done that didn't find anything.
I don't suppose someone ran into similar issues?

Assuming someone manged to get into my WiFi.
What can he do other than leeching free Internet?
Assuming piracy isn't a threat, and I'm not running a NAS or something like that?

youtube.com/watch?v=fEMcjVsc5cg

Attached: neuromancer.jpg (648x1068, 150K)

Could use your network as a tor exit node.

WPS is still a thing?
I thought people no longer use that?

Cyberpunk has nothing to do with cybersecurity.

Does that make sense? The intruder could, with shallow impunity, conduct malicious activity on the Internet through the WiFi network's ISP. I suppose the intruder could then offer that access to others by setting up a Tor network connection exiting through the WiFi network's Internet gateway. But that seems goofy. The WiFi intruder is local and is somewhat exposed.

Sure it does.

If you have it blocking supplicants from communicating with eachother, it would essentially be like him ethernet connected to your router.

Dear NSA,

Please stop installing "updates" on my laptop. In addition to trespassing, any CPU, memory, disk and network resources that are used by your software constitutes theft. Trespassing and theft is not cool. If you want to know more about me, arrange a contract or a research grant and I will send you regular reports on my activity and grant you limited use access to my data.

Thanks,

Have a great day and keep up the good work, fellas!

hacker LARP general?

I just discovered a website to practice reverse engineering: crackmes.one
There are many crackmes imported from crackmes.de but the users can add their own crackmes.

I would say Mr. Robot, but thats not on Netflix, but HBO. You can probably find it, anyway.

Why would someone take that risk? Most teens and retarded adults are very interested in group acceptance and status. The behavior here is a bit like a dog that kills a squirrel then brings it home and lays it at your feet. In this analogy the dog is the teen/retard and you are the peer group, the squirrel is access to the WiFi network.

That's /hmg/

is this a larp thread?

Is kali actually useful in 2018? and I'm not taking about using it as a daily driver.
It seems like distro made for teenagers posing as pro-hackers.
I mean whatever you can do on it you can do on debian.
The only thing is that it aggregated most of the tools.
Also most of the stuff don't work, because people patch things up, have common sense, and actually use SSL.
The only use for it is a glorified way of getting your neighbor's wifi passsword.

Attached: 1530543118148.jpg (465x716, 37K)

start from scratch
use debian

It's debian with the tools already there. Still usefull, just not necessary.

0 anonymity with kali

Very nice! I'll have a dig around in a bit

It really depends on what you're trying to use it for. In terms of a teaching/learning tool, it's great. You can ensure that all parties (in a classroom or following along solo to online teaching) are using the same tools with the same configurations.

In terms of actual use everyone is better off just installing the tools they need.

He can use it as a low grade crypto miner. Sure it is slow but harness 10 million of them and we are talking.

explain yourself sir

Not him, but there's literally nothing to explain. The fact that you're asking him why a debian-based linux operating system that is nothing special other than it comes preinstalled with hacking tools doesn't hide your identity shows how much of a noob you are

>implying OS should take care of hidding your ID

justttttttttttt

I was saying how silly it is to question why kali doesn't hide you

I was thinking about leaving kali and set up my own box on debian. Just a question
Would I be able to use the kali repos? It would make getting all the tools faster

All kali tools are available on debian, at least to my knowledge.

Even better. Thanks!

>debian
Other than hipster memery, is there a reason to use debian over kali?

I think kali have better WiFi drivers support, some of the non-free drivers for WiFi adapters are installed by defualt in kali, while debian you have to install it yourself.

Night time. Hang on in there.

Attached: Dismount.gif (256x274, 2.99M)

>ID
noob confirmed

What shit part of the world do you live in that it's night you faggot

brazil :(

parrot OS has better tool system but is ugly as sin.
Check out Black Arch, all the tools and looks pretty neat.
ArcheryOS is interesting but new and lacking in tool volume.

>What's Europe

why should an os provide anonymity?

I think they meant that you hide better in plain sight, whereas kali is a suspicious basement

Security through obfuscation is a shit technique, and if you're doing cybersecurity work and legit pen testing what does it matter that people can see what os you're running?

what vpn do you guys use? my nord sub is ending and wondering if i should switch. I have good speeds with nord but would like a little more transparency from them. Im looking at mullvad and airvpn atm

Attached: 1530564996407s.jpg (250x250, 11K)

Lol fagtrons

This song is pretty schway user

My dudes I just finished reading Neromancer earlier this year should I read Count Zero or Burning Chrome next? Is the Sprawl Trilogy worth reading?

Read Warnings by Clarke and Eddy, then read The Difference Engine by Gibson.

How do I study for the gsec?

studying books on general infosec?

Not him, but for me, I make sure to always put the cap on afrer using it. I find it to be a hassle when I go to write something down and realizing the tip is dry.

Hey Jow Forums, is this a good read? I've heard positive things about it, just want to hear from you guys!

Go AirVPN

Attached: 1472662595127.jpg (1920x1080, 295K)

I liked it, it was a bit dry but still enjoyable.

>It seems like distro made for teenagers posing as pro-hackers.
>I mean whatever you can do on it you can do on debian.
>The only thing is that it aggregated most of the tools.
it has always been like that, even when it was called backtrack.
like, wtf are you even asking? if you don't think it's useful, then you clearly are not the target for it

>>It seems like distro made for teenagers posing as pro-hackers.
now you are projecting

>Hey, employee user, we need you to reverse this bin
>Sorry boss, I gotta set up my debian machine from scratch

the kali/debian talk just confirmed this: you faggots are a bunch of LARPers who don't know shit about linux or pentesting, the most basic shit you should know if you are into/want to get into infosec
now I'm just wondering if someone is trying to take advantage of a bunch of 15 y.o. wannabe hackers or not, and if so, why

S E E T H I N G
E
E
T
H
I
N
G

>I'm just wondering if someone is trying to take advantage of a bunch of 15 y.o. wannabe hackers or not, and if so, why

I'm wondering the same. I can't tell if all the disinformation in this thread is here because the people who post in these threads are ignorant larpers, or people intentionally being deceitful.

There is nothing wrong with a security professional or hopeful professional using kali linux. There is nothing wrong with discussing the merits of one os over another. Calm down.

Learn how the WPS exploit actually works, you dumb kid. Pixie Dust has to do with the E-S1 and E-S2 nonce's entropy or randomization, sometimes they aren't random enough and sometimes they are, it's why it is an offline attack. It works or it doesn't, usually requires a few tries. Reaver or Bully in themselves just do a lazy bruteforce, which can be beaten by a timeout.

Seriously, if you have trouble with understanding this, then you already failed a major aspect of INFOsec: enumeration.

If your job doesn't revolve around the distributions purpose, then you do not need it at all. It's only useless to a layman, who has the time to rice Debian. It's great as a live environment and I've had to use it on the job a few times.

>Black Arch

Kali is already stuffed with outdated tools, Black Arch cranks it up even further. Don't use that garbage unless you want to LARP like nobody ever LARPed before.

>Security through obfuscation is a shit technique

Only if you're relying on it. It should be the cherry on top of your cake, not the entire cake itself.

That's because most people here are just stupid college kids. What did you expect, genius? Go to seclists if you're even slightly serious about any of this.

>Use Guix/NixOS
>NSA can't understand how it works
>None of their tools work on the different file hierarchy

Who knew it was so easy...

kali = no anonymity + premium hacker software

just download parrotOS or build your own from scratch. Theres guides on how to do it if you look hard enough.
dont even bother with arch unless you want to basically teach yourself how to become a L33T H4X0R

Attached: F69F2F12-5A9F-4553-B5FA-B39CD4BF62B8.jpg (480x318, 31K)

back to pleddit

>kali = no anonymity
that makes no sense, why would you look to your OS to provide anonymity?

NSA please go

so you have no answer, got it

not today CIA

Attached: 7069D788-30E2-4838-BBFC-7917E46BE27A.png (1074x892, 478K)

you're getting sloppy. you used to be first or second reply. pathetic.

He's not wrong though.

>That's because most people here are just stupid college kids. What did you expect, genius? Go to seclists if you're even slightly serious about any of this.
>back to pleddit
you know what? you are right, even the r/netsec subreddit alone is better than this fucking thread full of retards

t. 12 y.o.

partially.
few cybersecurity concepts + aesthetic/art = cyberpunk

so it has something to do instead of nothing.

Just fyi,

seclists.org/bugtraq/2018/Jun/61
seclists.org/bugtraq/2018/Jun/62
seclists.org/bugtraq/2018/Jun/66

Get that shit off your network asap

Cyberpunk is a fiction genre, cybersecurity is a real profession.

plebbit faggot literally assmad he's not being regarded as a l33t hax0r just because he spouts off some related words.

Attached: 1499712431742.png (846x900, 448K)

Anyone gonna preorder theirs?

scmp.com/news/china/diplomacy-defence/article/2153310/china-brings-star-wars-life-laser-ak-47-could-set-fire

>The ZKZM-500 laser assault rifle is classified as being “non-lethal” but produces an energy beam that cannot be seen by the naked eye but can pass through windows and cause the “instant carbonisation” of human skin and tissues.
Ten years ago its capabilities would have been the preserve of sci-fi films, but one laser weapons scientist said the new device is able to “burn through clothes in a split second … If the fabric is flammable, the whole person will be set on fire”.

>“The pain will be beyond endurance,” according to the researcher who had took part in the development and field testing of a prototype at the Xian Institute of Optics and Precision Mechanics at the Chinese Academy of Sciences in Shaanxi province.
The 15mm calibre weapon weighs three kilos (6.6lb), about the same as an AK-47, and has a range of 800 metres, or half a mile, and could be mounted on cars, boats and planes.

>The prototype was built by ZKZM Laser, a technology company owned by the institute in Xian. A company representative confirmed that the firm is now seeking a partner that has a weapons production licence or a partner in the security or defence industry to start large-scale production at a cost of 100,000 yuan (US$15,000) a unit.

it's futuristic and reaching in some things according to current physics and tech but if you cant see an overlap between them then i dont think you're good enough to have this argument

Attached: 1499682975895.png (1106x1012, 660K)

kid, go to bed, mommy is calling

>As an attack is only possible by an authenticated attacker or by
exploiting other vulnerabilities - such as CSRF issues or broken
authentication - users are advised to use secure passwords and to
mitigate against other vulnerabilities.

So dont use princess123 as your root password.

Here's a question I thought i'd just throw out there.

Any of you guys know any tutorials for sniffing Android Web Traffic? Trying to figure the API Url for this RESTful service and right now what i'm doing is running the APK on the Android SDK emulator and sniffing the traffic with Wireshark.

I figure that's probrably the way to do it but google isn't being helpful with information about doing this aside from people on stackoverflow going:

>Just use this random bullshit nobody's ever heard of.

have you even tried using the random bullshit nobody's ever heard of?

Yeah it's just variants of wireshark with some of them having built in filters for the TCP protocol.

The tool itself isn't actually that important my issue was that Stackoverflow just says "Use this tool" not "Use this tool in this specific way."

What i'm really asking here is if there is any material out there with a basic example that's made to be gotten so I can take what I learn from that and try to apply it to a more advanced but still very similar thing.

Actually I think I just figured it out. It's what I get for not thinking through it more. What I needed to do was instead of running my APK and just looking through it with an emulator I actually needed to install a HTTPS proxy server with a phony certificate to intercept the encrypted TCP traffic.

The trouble i'm having now is that apps tend to only allow connections between trusted sources and it's detecting that my phony certificate isn't a legit one. So it auto fails before I even get past the login screen. So now what I need to do is figure out if I can either forge a valid certificate or trick the app into making connections between a trusted and untrusted party.

youtube.com/watch?v=46s2xk4NF-s

Attached: 1530510423005.gif (640x480, 1.26M)

You cant. You need a third party to validate your cert. Most browsers allow exceptions.

MITM attack, put malicious javascript on all your pages.
See or edit all unencrypted traffic.
Shutdown your connection to certain sites.

Modify executable files being downloaded to include malware.

Cert Pinning, I think there is was a way to edit the APK to spoof the cert as a legit one.

I know it was done to reverse engineer Pokemon Go

It's called TLS cert key underpinning or something.

gternet meshnet in Maine when?

>youtube.com/watch?v=46s2xk4NF-s
Good track.

Attached: 1529744872992.jpg (800x600, 77K)

Yeah I was looking into different ways to trick android into thinking my cert was a legit one. I'll look into your suggestion. The only thing I could find was Adding a custom CA to the User Certificate Store and then somehow modifying the platformBuildVersionCode in the android Manifest.xml to a version of android that by default trusts user supplied CAs.