Jewgle lets developers read your Gmail messages

>Tech’s ‘Dirty Secret’: The App Developers Sifting Through Your Gmail

>Google said a year ago it would stop its computers from scanning the inboxes of Gmail users for information to personalize advertisements, saying it wanted users to “remain confident that Google will keep privacy and security paramount.”

>But the internet giant continues to let hundreds of outside software developers scan the inboxes of millions of Gmail users who signed up for email-based services offering shopping price comparisons, automated travel-itinerary planners or other tools. Google does little to police those developers, who train their computers—and, in some cases, employees—to read their users’ emails, a Wall Street Journal examination has found.

wsj.com/articles/techs-dirty-secret-the-app-developers-sifting-through-your-gmail-1530544442

Only stupid shitheads still use Gmail and Google services. You're not a low IQ shithead, right user?!

Attached: 1505324680621.jpg (750x563, 39K)

The only major company I trust nowadays is Apple. Fuck Google and Microsoft. And Facebook.

I am a low IQ shithead, what email service should I switch to?

geurilla mail

Protonmail is your best bet.

>Having pajeets take over your company

Just letting you know that if you don't use your company/college's mail server for everything related to work/education, you deserve to be spied on.

As an amerishit, swiss sounds safe, so I went with protonmail

Who cares? The CEO of Alphabet is still Larry Page and thats all that really matters.

>Only stupid shitheads still use Gmail and Google services. You're not a low IQ shithead, right user?!
I use gmail, ironically because of Microsoft. Yes, really. My e-mail server got blackholed by Hotmail a decade ago or so and it's totally impossible to get them to change that. It's _only_ Microsoft's a problem. So I use gmail to communicate with anyone who's got a microsoft mail account (and there are a lot of them since their mail services are tied to Windows).

I know I shouldn't be using gmail for anything but the alternative to using some kind of online mail is to not be able to send mail to some people.

>Protonmail is your best bet.
Retard.
>As an amerishit, swiss sounds safe, so I went with protonmail
LOL'd. Switzerland is a Tier-2 NSA partner.

Attached: 1507133183897.png (1275x2100, 611K)

>I use gmail, ironically because of Microsoft.

"I switched from one evil to an even bigger evil"

Attached: 1508082971221.png (703x911, 74K)

Protonmail doesn't harbor criminals. Stay mad Jow Forumstard

Unless I'm not reading this right, it looks like this only happens if you connect your Gmail to a third party mail client.

post your protonmail email.

Any alternatives that respect my freedoms?

>only
It should never happen. Period.

def no anything that's hosted within FIVE EYES and FOURTEEN EYES.

and these countries are a part of it as well:

>A shared effort of the Five Eyes nations in "focused cooperation" on computer network exploitation with Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey;

so an email hosted within the 3rd world

lel at ur life

numerous companies and universities, including harvard, use google or g suite backed email services

>use service that you use gmail for
>service says theyll sell your data
>this is googles fault cause they allow it
or you just dont use that service that does that, cant blame google for your own stupidity on their "free" email

>so an email hosted within the 3rd world
not quite. you can find non-cucked places.

"subscribe to read the full story"

thanks for the broken link op

>not knowing how to read paywalled shit for free
oh you fucking brainlet newfag.

could you repeat that in a human dialect thx

Attached: 1507002808384.png (800x820, 267K)

That's not the conclusion I drew.

It seems that it lets developers of Gmail add-ons read your messages. If you or anyone else don't know what those are, you may be using Inbox, or you haven't switched to the new Gmail view yet. But they are the add-ons that you can install from the right side of the screen when on desktop view -- Keep, Calendar, and Tasks are already there.

This doesn't seem to be anything unexpected, really.

>switch to protonmail

Ok seems good. How do I add it to my email client?

>Have to pay for a premium account

lol yeah ok

go back where?

>he doesn't use cock.li

Attached: 1516236513789.gif (500x281, 1.79M)