I'm having a bitch of a time with my neck, shoulders and upper back and I'm looking to make some changes...

I'm having a bitch of a time with my neck, shoulders and upper back and I'm looking to make some changes. Let's talk about posture and exercises for daily computer use.
>What does your desk setup look like?
>Is your chair good? Why?
>What stretches and exercises do you do to take care of yourself?

Attached: 17131054-a-woman-with-back-pain-from-sitting-so-long-in-the-office-health-and-welfare-at-work.jpg (1300x865, 96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JObYtU7Y7ag
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

shit

no

i don't

go to the gym and do heavy squats and deadlifts. And go running.

You could have the greatest chair in the world. That wouldn't mean you could sit in it all day and not get pain. EXERCISE.

It helps if you read all of the post user, I did ask about exercise. In addition: All the exercise in the world isn't going to make up for an unhealthy desk setup if you have one.

This. You're just weak. My posture is fucking awful, and I don't have these problems.

Protip: Stretch your lower back.

Get on your back with your legs extended and bring one leg up and pull it towards your chest, hold, then do the other leg. This stretches out your lower back and glutes, my lower back feels great afterwards.

Also do back extensions and work your core at the gym, but it would be even better if you just started lifting in general.

>tfw scared of lifting

is cardio good enough? i dont want to lift heavy stuff

Attached: pep.jpg (239x229, 7K)

Probably not in terms of posture: Muscle buildup is important. The only reason slouching is comfortable is because your muscles are out of whack. But cardio is good for you to do anyway.

i see, thanks

would bodyweight exercises be of any use at all?

There's no scientific evidence to support the notion that posture is of much importance. Please stop spreading this myth.

I bought an Aeron chair, because I thought investing in a good chair is worth it, if you spend 12 hours every day in front of the pc.
I can not reccomend this chair.

Go to a chiropractor once a week for month.

Chiropractors are voodoo scam artists engaged in pseudoscience which is more likely to harm you than help you. A fysioterapeut is a much better alternative.

typical computer desk height, three monitors and the middle one is ultrawide so I do end up craning my neck around to watch stuff on the flanks. I also have a projector showing films on the wall 90 degrees to my right, I twist my neck and back for that too.

chair isn't very ergonomic but does swivel, which is nice for the projector. lazboy office chair like $200 at costco

I'm mostly just posting to tell you guys about my roller skating hobby and practicing skating has completely eliminated my back pain and increased flexibility by a lot

>fysioterapeut
a what

Attached: thunk.png (600x600, 155K)

I take it you've never been to one before. There's nothing scam like or voodoo about it. Circulation is being cut off when your spine is out of alignment. Circulation is restored after your spine is in alignment. It's rather simple.

I think its German for physical therapist

What are your feelings on homeopathy user?

Physiotherapist.

Actually realigning the spine will either kill you or permanently cripple you. It has no basis in science at all. If chiropractors actually did what they claimed they were doing, their profession wouldn't last very long.

You seem woefully ignorant on the subject. There's no difference between chiropractic and homeopathy with regards to evidence of effectiveness.

You've been had. You've been took. All money you've spent so far on it has been wasted on placebo.

you'd be fucking dead if your blood stopped circulating

The two aren't even comparable.

>being this much in denial

>If chiropractors actually did what they claimed they were doing, their profession wouldn't last very long.
If your muscles are weak, your spine will eventually go back out of alignment. This is why physical therapy is usually recommended as well to strengthen those muscles. I genuinely can't get over people thinking chiropractors are like witchcraft or some retarded shit. You should really try going to one when your back and neck are hurting and you have a lot of muscle spasms. It can absolutely restore mobility.
You're either dead or your spine is in line, is it? God damn you people are dumb. Go read a book moron.

>You're either dead or your spine is in line, is it?
not too bright, eh? re-read my post, slowly this time

Hey moron. Fucking moron. Go to a physiotherapist instead.

You looked it up in the dictionary for the correct spelling. I'm impressed with your intelligence now.

>"you'd die if your blood stops circulating"
>"hurr hurr my severe autism will contort this simple sentence and make me think it was actually talking about spine being "in line" rather than blood circulation"

holy shit this goes beyond dumb even for Jow Forums, do you have some kind of mental illness lad?

Lean back a lot
Go to the gym
I personally have a lifting desk and try to stand at least 3 hours a day

try eating better, slob

>Reddit spacing
Summerfag btfo

>>What stretches and exercises do you do to take care of yourself?
stretching and exercise does not cure:
-Repetitive Stress Injury
-Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
-Back Pain (caused by bad posture)
it will only prolong the amount of time before you suffer permanent

go swimming 3 times a week for at least 1km.

So then what does cure it

Actually building the muscles to support yourself I would imagine. Gonna look into just how best to do this now. Anybody do any bodyweight routines? Resistance bands? Gyms and pools are a bit out of the way for me and I don't have the cash on hand for bars and such.

I have stand desk

DAYUM THOSE TIDDIES

Take breaks every hour and do plank for as long as you can

youtube.com/watch?v=JObYtU7Y7ag
Bodyweight squats are better than nothing

this person is not me and is continuing to spam the meme that exercise cures RSI, CTS, back pain

The actual cure is to not cause the pain in the first place by contorting your body in unnatural positions. Sitting up straight is actually bad for your back, even school chairs have a slight degree of inclination to relieve lower back tension. Having your keyboard on top of your desk is almost always bad as you have to lean forward to type

Pretty much the answer is don't use a computer for long periods of time and do other shit during the day.