What Jow Forums-related skills should be standard curriculum in schools?

What Jow Forums-related skills should be standard curriculum in schools?

Attached: classroomstock.jpg (1300x956, 141K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ML_(programming_language)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Verbal abuse when someone says or does something retarded.

shilling for intel

- to always restart a device before complaining it doesn't work
- to always have multiple backups of important documents

I think programmiing in a fairly simple language like Python should be standard. Programming helped me become a better mathematician, not ebcause I can brute force simple equations, but because it taught me a formal language and gave me methods to easily visualise mathematical concepts.

GNU/Linux

I think programming or at least introductory computer sciences (basic hardware, software, networking) should be incorporated into standard curriculum for students between US grades 6-12.

Students are already taught certain sciences more than once in their education, like biology and very basic physics / chemistry.
Why not add comp sci in the mix?

Python is a terrible language to learn programming with. Try something like Scheme or ML instead.

What is ML? Machine language?

How to install gentoo

Attached: 1468512383137.gif (245x200, 1.06M)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ML_(programming_language)

General A+ concepts

Intro to programming with either Java or C++ (should be optional though)

SQL/Databases

If people learned to read that would've been an improvement

>My computer isn't working
>Why, what does it say?
>It says "you must change your password" and an ok button
>did you try pressing the ok button and follow the instructions?
>no...
>...

I was honestly shocked when I started seeing people just randomly clicking through dialogue boxes and then wondering why their shit isn't working.
A message could appear declaring the fucking literal end of the world would happen if they clicked "Cancel" and they would still fucking click it.

This. Concept of variables gave me an edge over other students in algebra and ultimately harboured some basic love for maths which kinda saved me later on from depression.

Lol yeah man, start off with esoteric ML and Scheme. That'll keep a beginner programmer interested for 20 minutes. Not to mention, highly tradable in the workforce.

Math, science.

There's very little worth teaching standard other than typing and basic internet research skills.

This is the technology board and not the programming board, so standard curriculum in schools should be Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Programming, Basic Technical Education (meaning understanding of the basic tools and technologies surroundings us purely down to practical application down to a screwdriver) which already is the standard curriculum in most schools.
Are you retarded OP?

touch typing