Why can't you have a quiet PC with equal or better specs than an Xbox One X in a box this size?

Why can't you have a quiet PC with equal or better specs than an Xbox One X in a box this size?

Attached: 141329-games-review-xbox-one-x-review-image1-djfskje0a5.jpg (970x647, 138K)

Other urls found in this thread:

airtop-pc.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=d4R-EsiyRk0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because Xbox One X components are proprietary.

Basically the computational power you can have is limited by how much heat you can dissipate, and anything small and quiet can't dissipate much.

because the microsoft jews want more money and they're purposefully holding PC tech back to sell more shitboxes

But you can, and even smaller too, and even VR ready.

The Xbox is XBOX HUEG in comparison.

Attached: dsc00020_final-100753515-orig.jpg (2000x1334, 1.79M)

The airflow is good. Now this on the other hand...we have lift off.

Attached: sony-playstation-4-ps4.png (300x250, 26K)

A computer does more last time I checked. Usually more functionality means more energy spent generally.

you can, but you're going to have to shell out a LOT of money to get the parts fabbed to your specifications
otherwise just make something quieter and stronger with a little more size using the open standards available

Because Microsoft mass produces one configuration of hardware and sells it at a loss with the intent of making it back on game sales and their online paywall. Meanwhile small form factor PCs are a niche among enthusiests because you pay as much or more for less expandability in exchange for what basically amounts to aesthetics.

You can.

the meme that consoles sell at a loss has been proven to be not true. even the PS2 was sold at a profit from day one and the origin of this was probably from japan sales in the early months of launch when the factory's where just ramping up production by the time PS2 was released in the west it probably only cost 100$ to make and same goes for xbox one etc. a xboxone x has a cooler the same as a titan a vapor chamber and a cheap cpu gpu combo. its basically just a super cheap pre ryzen amd system with a titian cooler stuck on top.

its not sold at a loss and never was.

most console users only buy like 2-3 games for the lifetime of the console.

but you can user

Attached: file.png (300x300, 105K)

>intel iGPU
lmao

But I can.

Attached: Zotac-EN1070K.jpg (1280x720, 268K)

X is sold at loss, what the fuck are you talking about? Og one and ps4/pro are not. The gpu aline is basicaly a rx470 with some vega enchancments which costs like $200 in retail.

You can run a fanless 1060 and 8700k in this bad boy

Attached: 51zpfFlgHsL._SX355_.jpg (355x198, 7K)

The real impressive thing is the price.
It has almost the same amount of teraflops as a GTX 1070, which by itself costs as much as the entire Xbone X.
Too bad I'm a sonycuck I guess.

Attached: thingy_with_the_tongue_out.png (595x720, 607K)

>Paying extra subscription for online features

airtop-pc.com/

Attached: airtop-g500.jpg (500x500, 169K)

If we keep price aside, you can buy populated gaming motherboards off the web and stick nice big coolers on them. There you go.

youtube.com/watch?v=d4R-EsiyRk0

Consoles run on an AMD iGPU.

Attached: Tiny, Passively-Cooled Gaming PC - Compulab Airtop 2.mp4_snapshot_01.57.jpg (1920x1080, 175K)

Because PC parts follow ATX standards and xbox doesn't. Is this bait?

Nice fit and finish on that thing.

Attached: 1530595696369.jpg (680x287, 40K)

not sure why you think I can't have a Ryzen 2400G in a tiny ITX case with an external PSU.

Attached: noctua_nh_l9a_am4_4.jpg (650x344, 66K)

idk lol

>Why can't you have a quiet PC with equal or better specs than an Xbox One X in a box this size?

Because in some ways we're in the space age (enough computing power to put a 4K screen device in your pocket) and in some ways we're still in the medieval age of computing (we're still using mechanical ways to cool down components).

Similar situation in medicine. In some ways we're still in medieval age (treating people by cutting them up), and in others we're doing genetics.

Some problems in technology are still unsolved. Or their proper solutions are too expensive for consumer products.

That's the fucking air intake numbnuts.

The new Hades Canyon runs on Vega graphics and VR ready.

It has both Vega GPU chip and integrated Intel graphics, afaik.

But anyways, it's expensive af. Basically the price of a mid-range laptop.

So the only groundbreaking thing is how much power they managed to squeeze in such a small enclosure.

It might be a real competitor to macminis and such. Nobody who wants a cheap htpc will buy this, let's get real.

But imo Intel could do a better job at designing a proper case. That plastic case just looks cheap af and uninspiring. The gaymur leds can be disabled but if that's the only concept of you design you put into it, don't expect any normies to be attracted to such a product.

I dunno i m drunk off Captain Morgan Rum n need uh pizza with the pepperoni from papa johns with tha garlic Butta dipping sauce mmmmm how tasty

except you're leaving out the fact that the xbx costs half the price

A 450mm wafer costs something like 300 bucks, and there's at least 300-400 good dies. GDDR5 also costs like 10 bucks per 8GB module and AMD likely gets bulk deals. Manufacturing costs for the SoC (not including fan/power supply) is probably under 80 bucks, it uses existent technologies running in the Polaris and Jaguar line so they can be sold at a lower premium avoiding significant RnD costs.

Modularity increases physical dimensions because you need to include the connectors and slots.

just bought one of those for my Chernobyl build, it works pretty well

Attached: Chernobyl 2.jpg (774x1032, 507K)

Better yet why couldnt they put windows on the fucking xbox? Id buy it in an instance if i could

Is... Is that the cpu cooler blowing hot air onto the power supply, which is blowing hot air right back at it?

have you never checked which way the air flows through a psu?

I love the form factor.
Shame the price is so high.

Doesn't Zotac have very mixed reviews?
Mostly dead GPUs and that sort of stuff.

Not a big fan of passive cooling really, mostly because even the tiniest amount of forced convection will massively outperform passive convection.

not him, but I personally wouldn't want any more hot air going directly into the PSU than necessary. though that build looks quite improvised anyway.

Except not a single PC igpu is even close to 1050ti+ performance

I've had a Zotac GTX 570 and 970 that experienced no issues. I got the 1070K for $650 on eBay, upgraded the CPU to a 7700T and it has been running well for nearly a year.

NUC Hades.

Intel's new NUC comes close to 1060

my brother's original quadruple is so fucking loud, but my revised version isn't very loud. Now I worry that mine is just actually overheating.

fans just work very well and a blower have no problem cooling a hot card like the 290 if you are willing to accept noise.

i7-8709G has 24 Polaris CUs @ 1.06-1.19 GHz
Xbone X has 40 Polaris CUs @ 1.17 GHz

So no, it's not as fast

You have to pay on Sony too? How long has it been since you've played on either?

>Xbone One X is the only console
It's plenty more powerful than a regular xbone and PS4.

Besides the fact that this is the post we replied too:
>not a single PC igpu is even close to 1050ti+ performance
And the Hades is just shy of a 1060.

Well OP asked about a PC as powerful as X specifically.

You can.

Attached: b48b13570b839fdb254d046a4e5fe703_original.png (1552x873, 1.35M)

>atom inside

Attached: EEPROM the non-volatile spider.jpg (600x600, 52K)