How did you pick an random/edgy domain name for your personal shit?

How did you pick an random/edgy domain name for your personal shit?

You do have a FQDN name for your home network don't you? You're not running DDNS like some pleb?

Attached: letsencrypt-logo[1].jpg (358x200, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

demanding.men
nonfsf.org
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

firstname-lastname.domain

>FQDN name
>Fully qualified domain name name

Attached: 1529822301013.png (1861x899, 754K)

i just went for the cheapest and smallest domain name. usually turns out to be 3-4 letters with a 2 letter tld
less letters = less typing over all = less steps = more time to watch hentai

Attached: 1403728295716.png (560x407, 20K)

FQDN != DDNS != PTR Record

Never trust the certificate jew.
HTTP only.

4 letter (non-dictionary) word from one of my favorite books. The .org was available.

>look up the cheapest domain available
>.men $6 for 10 years pops up
>run a script with a huge list of adjectives fitting .men to find domains not hidden behind premium price wall
>1 result
and so demanding.men was born. My personal shit domain for the next years.

I thought long about it. Created around 10 FQDNs and asked my friends/colleagues at wotk what they find the best.

Attached: 01a.png (710x531, 53K)

*wrote down, not created. Sorry.

hostname.streetname.lastnamewithnovowels.tld

lastname.tld

I actually incorporated my country's tld and the last letter of my lastname.
So, say I was spanish, and my last name was literally "lastname", the domain would've been lastnam.es, and my email address would've been [email protected].

Neat. Is .berg a tld yet?

FirstInitialLastName.com
And my other is the name of a popular piece of software that doesn't get much recognition. I know that's an oxymoron but if you knew the piece of software I was talking about you'd get it.

ok NSA

>random/edgy domain name
by not being a faggot who picks random/edgy domain names

I have 2 high-quality (3 and 6 letter) ones that I can share without embarrassing myself

that works well enough, but I hate when people use email like [email protected]. pet peeve

hahahahahahahahahahaha nice

"who is demanding men"?

I did this with the .org/.net debate

always good to test how the domain sounds in speech before buying it

.be/rg

>just use unencrypted connections, goyim!

Attached: behindthispost.jpg (491x491, 42K)

if you don't have a login panel on your website (who would?) there's nothing wrong with http

I only use let's encrypt for https applications that I don't mind being surveilled and that tend to complain about self-signed certs

so my web server gets LE so the browser shuts up, but the mail server is self-signed

it's also practical because my fag ISP blocks port 80 inbound connections for stupid reasons, so I'm forced to use port 443 for the functions of 1 domain that I keep at home

Seems like an awful lot of trouble to go through for the purposes of having everything sent in the clear.

>that works well enough, but I hate when people use email like [email protected]. pet peeve
being this autistic.

Attached: You.gif (640x360, 1.85M)

Neither random nor edgy.

Let's say (because only a fool would post personal details here) my initials are ABC, I've used a nym I'll call Something since 2002 for my casual/entertainment stuff and IJKL is an initialism for the name of my house, which is also the name of the street it's on.

Then I use: [email protected] for the bulk of my personal and professional stuff (and my personal site is abc.io); I've got a [email protected] for the older stuff; [email protected] for my entertainment stuff; and the FQDN for my home network is ijkl.uk (because I am in the UK).

I guess, I just like to authenticate over TLS with a cert that I control, instead of some shit LE cert. I get tired of having to fuck with it every 3 months (the setup is weird due to the port 80 blocking on 1 of the servers)

I also use self-signed certs on private subdomains that I access through ssh tunnels

nyan.cat

I just picked a .moe address. Sick as fuck dude, got a nice short domain.

>I get tired of having to fuck with it every 3 months
Wut
Set up a fuggen cronjob you loony. Mine auto-renews since I just stick the renew script in cron and then I never have to give a shit again.

yeah, I should set up a cron entry to copy the renewed cert to the crippled server

don't like having my name attached to it.
bought a different domain, but haven't bothered setting it up yet. might go do that now.

I picked an alias made of the first 3 letters of my first name and the first 4 letters of my last name.

I pay 4 dollars for my file hosting and like 15 dollars a year for my .info domain

I admin the file-share/seedbox/mumble server for my friendgroup, we picked a .moe address because none of us deserve to live.

For my own uses I stick with the default c-67-190-xxx-xxx.hsd1.co.comcast.net domain assigned to my house. My work internet filter blocks domains that are not on a whitelist, but *.comcast.net is naturally allowed through.

didn't mean to quote your post btw, don't know why it did that.

Shlo.moe
I haven't used it for anything other than email so far

.com for work
. for play

ISPs are malicious these days user. Cmocast injects JS into http requests. Verizon got caught a few years ago injecting tracking headers to let some ad company monitor people's browsing habits. There's no excuse for letting anything hit the wire unencrypted anymore.

>spelling "cutehampster.gif" with no "p"
Please rectify.

>I hate when people use email like [email protected]
The repetition does look a little lame. A possible fix is to get ${middle_name}${surname}.com just for email.

Even though it's a cheap weeb-fleecing scheme, I am still kind of glad .moe exists.

Attached: moe.png (1342x835, 349K)

>mail me at [email protected]

>tfw have firstnamelastname.net
>tfw net is the most patrician tld

Who *.local here?

firstname.lol
Cost me $30 and i don't do shit with it.

I created nonfsf.org with a couple of guys on discord, I was the only one who really worked on it though.

Feel so smug when I am able to give a .org domain as my email address. But

>no, EFFF ESSS EFFF .org
>yeah non at the front
>yeah so non EFFF ESSS EFFF.org

Also can I just say, after deleting discord after three years of being on it, I've never felt better.

used my online nick name that I've had for the past 16 years..

https has faster throughput of data, buddy

based

Is kelly motherfucking punpun?

Attached: 1440778730933.jpg (287x319, 18K)

Are you fucking dumb? Do you even know what DDNS is?

I use a .dog TLD because I'm a furry

Not really, you should check out the list of Top Level Domains. The list is fucking huge and it's full of garbage.

It's GNU, isn't it

>but I hate when people use email like [email protected]. pet peeve

That's why I've got [email protected]

bitcccccheeeeesssssss

even better is if there's a country domain that has the last two letters of your last name so it's [email protected]

>You do have a FQDN name for your home network don't you?
>You're not running DDNS like some pleb?
That's not a contradiction, idiot.

I do
>mail@(first)(last).me

initials.network for machines

firstnamelastname.com for email

How does this change the fact that .moe is plainly there to make money off weebs?

I have lastname.net. Having [email protected] is pretty nice. I also have [email protected]

I've
>firstlastname.com
>lastna.me

no but i have a $300 impulse-buy domain i run pleroma on

I just chose my nickname from 15 years ago.
Luckily it's not taken ANYWHERE

i have a .id.au domain because that is the correct tld for an individual's site and im a fucking autist who gets triggered by .com addresses for non-commercial purposes

test

I got vector3.xyz. I used to work in the VFX industry and now I'm a web developer, the URL is cool though, not much there right now through. Watch this space.

[email protected]

Why would you buy a second level domain, so ugly

Because I didn't do this in 1992.

it's my firstlast.com

>You do have a FQDN name for your home network don't you? You're not running DDNS like some pleb?
I have a FQDN on DDNS because I have a dynamic IP and you're a faggot

Attached: faceslim-saved-image-29nov201734410PM.jpg (678x960, 103K)

quite lucky there's a country out there that's got the first few letters of my surname as it's tld. works wonders sending a link through to a portfolio site and mail via [email protected]
received compliments at interviews before too kek

>150usd a year for the .tld i want
fucking panama jews

Attached: 1510399906786.jpg (1080x1918, 271K)