Kindle fonts general

Kindle fonts general.
So now when kindle supports custom fonts , what is your goto font ?

Attached: IMG_20180703_125546.jpg (2976x3968, 1.56M)

Other urls found in this thread:

1001fonts.com/expressway-free-font.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Comic Sans

^_^

I am using the default one my dude

God that is disgusting
Just use fucking Roboto

>general
No.

>So now when kindle supports custom fonts
That's cool, time to update.
Now all I need is book cover as standby screen, or custom wallpapers.

Wow what a terrible piece of writing. I seriously hope you don't need those definitions in the margins.

Webdings

On my Kobo I've long used OpenSans as my go-to.

Well it's 'The Road' not to bad desu.

Attached: IMG_20180703_161715.jpg (2976x3968, 1.6M)

Jesus christ. how the fuck do you guys read something with that those terrible fonts on them??

What font is that? That would be great on my Kobo when I decide to reread the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings again.

Also, this thread should probably be on /lit/ instead of Jow Forums.

eroded does not mean 'to gradually destroy'

that is merely one side effect in only certain usage cases

fucking amazon

Mine still didn't update :/

papyrus

how stupid are you that you think a 3 word definition should be able to cover every single use case of a word

Not as stupid as the person that needs them

Oh nevermind, coincincidentally it started updating now
It's been more than a month since I had the time to read on my Kindle tho

What the absolute fuck is that funt holy shit. It looks like the trash i get when i badly convert PDF to Kindle.

theres nothing stupid about learning new words. so you're stupid and also small minded?

You better be an ESL if you didn't already know the meaning of every word in that picture.

being a reductionist is worse than being uninformed

so you're stupid, small minded, and unable to tell that the kindle automatically searches words and it has nothing to do with whether the reader knows them or not

are you able to read my posts directly or do you have a helper/parent who helps you understand them?

Is caring about font a symptom of autism for real? It seems like it has to be some sort of mental retardation.

>are you able to read my posts directly or do you have a helper/parent who helps you understand them?
I have my Kindle do it for me.

If you don't know the word you can just highlight it and it will tell you the definition.

or you can do it automatically and have it there quickly without needing any fumbling, something that's very useful when reading at higher than a YA level

Can I change the goddamn screensaver yet?

No, I don't think they'll ever want to let us do that

can I get a kindle that doesn’t screen tear when I turn the page?

genuinely asking

>Another useless """general"""
Kill yourself.

Attached: 1382893655510.jpg (900x675, 222K)

>The tarp the tarp the tarp
It's just not very descriptive, I'm glad I haven't read it yet. These two pages completely turned me off it.
Shame, the movie waa decent.

>Reading at above a YA level
>Needs shoddy definitions between each line

Fucking why. Use the default font. I will never understand why people feel the need to degrade the function of their devices.

>kindle supports custom fonts
>files with mobi formats are excluded
>expecting me to convert my entire library for this useless feature
how about no.
>what is your goto font ?
Caecilia master race

>they don't know how to jailbreak their kindles and install a custom screensaver hack
>on a technology board of all places
a-anons...

Attached: IMG_20180703_194314.jpg (869x1546, 439K)

>Kindle
Fuck you, dirty nigger who doesn't know how to read paper books.

What is the fucking point of the screensaver? I wouldn't invest ten seconds in that. It's literally not even worth going into the settings for for me, so I wouldn't use it even if it was a feature.

That's funny, because you are the filthy monkey who can't handle technology and needs to dab toxic chemicals on dead tree parts to communicate.

McCormaks writing style is unique to say the least
I hated the lack of context to who the fuck is talking or when talking is even occurring but otherwise a great book

can you do this with a paperwhite and can you disable the ads?

Those grapes are sure sour

It's literally a paperwhite 2. And yes.
>can you disable the ads?
go on amazon. start a chat with customer support. tell them you want the ads removed from your kindle. they'll do so free of charge.

thanks user

who the fuck would like to pay, wait 2 to 5 days for a book instead of having every single book at your disposition in an instant?

IBM plex is my new goto font for my operating systems and my documents. It's very easy to read due to the fairly thick lines and is modern, yet not alien to the eye

If you aren't using Bookerly on a kindle, you are a ricing idiot.

It's called 'Ring of Kerry' it's on 1001 fonts.
Because why not.

dogshit fonts. holy fuck this is unreadable

A yes it's summer already.
I usually use it while I'm traveling. I need about 2 days to finish a book. Im going for holiday for 4 weeks , I'm not going to carry a bag of books with me.
I would take Futura over Bookerly anyday.

UBUNTU M O N O S P A C E

Nice

What? How is that translation option called?

Do you mean the word definition? It's standard with 3gen +

Is it automatic or does it need to be supported by the book?
Does it work for foreign languages?

It has to be a supported kindle format. Some words will be automatically explained others you just have to press and you get the detonation and translation. It would work with foreign languages

Seems really convenient - thanks!

The custom font option isn't showing up here
Normal Kindle (non Paperwhite). Yes, I updated it a couple days ago

Version 5.9.6.1 - June 2018 ?

lIO05S
This is why I make sure my font is fluid, readable, and distinguishable in every application.

Not all models can be jailbroken

What are the benefits ?

you couldn't do custom fonts until now?

Yes

It had the feature by default, people found out and used it, so they removed it

basically they're assholes

1001fonts.com/expressway-free-font.html

Attached: expressway-free.regular.png (411x44, 5K)

not surprised i guess. used to have a kindle a remember how locked down it was until you jumped through a bunch of hoops.

On the other hand, I purchased a Paperwhite when they were going for $80 and was able to jailbreak it and install screensavers and custom font support awhile ago. I'll never, ever take it online so I'm set until it dies.

>now
you've been able to load custom fonts on a kindle using calibre for ages.

>what is your goto font
georgia.

I just got a Kindle Keyboard. What's the stuff I should do to set it up and to get same free books.

download epubs you nerd

#bookz
#ebooks on irchighway

Attached: 1529877089309.jpg (650x713, 95K)

gen.lib.rus.ec

download anything that convert epub to mobi (it is a lossless translation).