Oni

What does Jow Forums think of Oni? It's text editor with a high-performance canvas renderer and neovim at the code.

Attached: 36127305-9c7b6b80-1011-11e8-85dd-0345788c0b56.png (1200x691, 203K)

Other urls found in this thread:

onivim.io/
github.com/onivim/oni/tree/master/extensions
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Link to website: onivim.io/

I'll give it a shot. How does it compare to vs code and sublime? I currently use sublime, thinking of moving to vs code for better intellisense.

>Built with web tech
aaaaand ruined

I've tried VS Code and Atom before those, I've used Sublime (but not as long and extensively). Atom and VS Code were both slow (especially Atom) when programming C++ and Python (at least for me).

It's faster than VS Code and Atom in my experience.

I occasionally use vs code at work and admittedly it is very slow.

I also forgot to mention you need Neovim installed and it also comes with lot's of plugins by default. Mainly auto-completion for several languages and html/css processor support.

What plugins do they have installed by default?

literally every numale text editor is built with "web tech." FOR WHAT FUCKING REASON

These are all the extensions they have by default:
github.com/onivim/oni/tree/master/extensions

Wow. That's a lot. I'll have to try it out.

FUCK OFF you posted this garbage yesterday, nobody like it, just fuck off with your bloated shit

This is my first time posting about this text editor. Didn't realize someone else did yesterday.

Looks cool and modern. Finally, a text editor looks good and is good.

Gtfo this is actually useful to a lot of us here. Go meme somewhere else. Your threads are shit

Seems like a text editor I might try. Only downside is it's made with "web tech", but it's not a deal breaker.

lol @ these comments, this is obviously OP shilling their own shitty editor

Gtfo

That's a nice autocomplete

Looks a lot better than VS Code's.

The web tech won't be a problem as it is with VS Code because this text editor has "high-performance canvas renderer".

>shitty editor
I've used Oni for weeks now and it's a great editor. You have no idea what you're talking about?

probably has a cryptominer

Source code is hosted on Github. It's open source.

Shitting on something you didn't even use. Lol.

cool, hopefully it will be rewritten in non-webshit language

Attached: numale.jpg (320x398, 26K)

Are you saying it should be re-created in C++?

Attached: faggot-detected-i-repeat-faggot-detected.jpg (477x318, 116K)

Yes and preferably with Qt.

Yes an preferable with direct X11 bindings

Why X11? Isn't that too low level?

Yes, but everything has to be. Refusal to do so means you're a numale.

Looks kinda interesting but
>webshit
>extensions in javascript (more webshit)
>muh IDE UI (I suppose you can change it)
>isn't a LISP interpreter

Unproven claims. Fuck off.

Web technology sucks. It has to be as unportable and low level as possible to be Jow Forums pproved

I think that I don't need another goddamn text editor

no, x11 core api can render rectangles and text and even arcs if you're that much of a nu male

>>isn't a LISP interpreter
Are you fucking with me? I understand the three previous reasons but this makes no sense whatsoever.

Everybody knows that a proper text editor is actually a LISP interpreter in disguise.

Attached: real_programmers.png (740x406, 83K)

>unportable
That's the keyword. Even though web tech based applications have their problems, portability is an important aspect of a program.

so to make shit portable, you js monkies glue shit together that you don't understand... makes sense

Its gonna be hard to beat vscode and its extensive easy to use addons

kate.

This

> web based text editor
> achievement unlocked