So this is another "serious" poll. Research and all that shit

So this is another "serious" poll. Research and all that shit.
I'm genuinely curious about the religious beliefs of Jow Forums as a whole.
Please if you vote bump the thread.

Attached: Screenshot_10.jpg (663x605, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/16638841/
youtube.com/watch?v=qE0_mE5JFWU&list=PLV1Xd_c5-wta8HSKFx15qdV5L-pm5XvZA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saṃsāra_(Buddhism)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Thanks for the link Jizzly

Attached: 1523756515400.jpg (506x543, 257K)

I voted. XD

strawpoll.me/16638841/

My retarded ass does not deserve these digits

i'm an agnostician

>not adding Pagan

there's no option for "weeaboo suicide cult"

Shit I forgot about that. Ironically I used to be pagan for some time.

Come back. We are growing. Watch some of Varg's videos, he has a better prospective on it than most.

You may not vote.

Please donate to the Tsuki Project

Where's the option "I am literally God"

Attached: 1508942150571.png (650x750, 375K)

My choice is 'I don't know.'

>I almost added solipsism

bump

Don't >bump
this is a slow board

fair enough.

I believe in god and reject religion

I guess you could go for "other monotheistic"
I mean, this is a religion by itself, in a way.

why won't you accept our lord and savior billy mays in your heart

Billy mays is dead, and we killed him

That is stupid.

same

I believe he means the majority of conventional religions.
There comes a time where you get tired of all the bullshit, but you are not ready to reject the concept of a god yet.
I went through that phase too, before I became an atheist.

Why? You can assume something's up there and also that it doesn't give a shit about us. It's not my style but I can see it make sense. Basically a pragmatic way of looking at it

Attached: 1511135271689.png (579x581, 416K)

this

Ah, alright. Guess I was to quick to judge. Sorry Deutschbro.

Protestant then? Or I guess just Deist

I believe protestants reject the pope, not religion

Wait what the fuck even is paganism? I assumed it was druid voodoo witchcraft stuff but now I'm thinking I'm way missing the mark. Someone give me the quick rundown version for dumb waffles

Attached: 1520284358922.png (756x715, 635K)

allah will save us

It would take whole thread to explain it, but if you REALLY boil it down, pagans believe in the old gods.
Which gods one follows is usually their personal choice, and it is often a mixture of many old pantheons, like the greek, the scandinavian, the celtic, the egyptian, etc.
It is very simple and very complicated at the same time.
And yes druid voodo witchcraft can also be a part of it. There are even classes one can take to become a druid.
But the whole thing has been polluted by hippies, LARPing faggots, and stereotypical priests, to the point its disgusted me so much I had to leave it behind.
Paganism is maybe the most beautiful and free religion out there, and I miss my earlier days into it, desu.

paganism is basically the lgbtq+ of religion

It hs become this, yes.

Huh so it's a pick-and-choose your Gods kind of thing. That sounds neat.
I'm guessing it's mostly meant to be symbolic, at least in modern times

As I said, very complicated.
But yes. if you can get past the problems of the communities, it's pretty awesome.
I am actively against religion, and I believe it is actually harmful in this day and age, but if I had to pick one, this would be it.

youtube.com/watch?v=qE0_mE5JFWU&list=PLV1Xd_c5-wta8HSKFx15qdV5L-pm5XvZA

Enjoy.

It's a fun cultural thing
So many cool books, architecture, movies, games and a buttload of other stuff have been influenced by religion. It only gets messy when you bring shitty politics into the mix

Attached: 1533341368634.png (1052x1024, 1.43M)

The broader branch of Evangelism/Fundamentalism (only protestantism I'm familiar with, of which I'm a part of) reject the facet of "religion" and treat it as a danger and focus on the relationship with God. Many sermons I visit preach about the dangers of following other people blindly. Taking that rejection of the pope to 11, basically.

Sounds very interesting. I could've gotten really into it a few years back.

Well, no reason not to now. If you want to hear the pitch for conversion, it's: "All you gotta do is Ask God for forgiveness in earnest, and He'll forgive you. Just be honest and try, and He'll lead you on your path." Obviously going to church etc too but YOU are the church, so it's just a way to try and keep yourself accountable.

I unironically wish I could get back into religion. After 17 years of believing in god, atheism is pretty lonely.
But I just can't. I can't explain it in a way that won't be offensive, and this is not that kind of thread, but you have to feel it yourself in order to understand it.

viruse

didn't manage to convince you to explore a bit after all did I

Attached: 1513938317186.jpg (225x225, 8K)

>Jew
Holy shit I forgot you guys existed I would've put you in.
I might research it in the future, but only academically. I'm actually interested in religious shit a lot. Just not from a believer's perspective.

And agnostic.

>agnostician

ever thought of doing actual higher studies? uni-level theology goes very in-depth on that sort of thing. I don't know how it is over there but glossing over the course material in my uni here it seems pretty interesting

Attached: 1510458408418.jpg (1000x700, 83K)

Yeah, I kinda forget what this is again.

weak agnostics believe it is impossible to know if god exists at this point in human evolution
strong agnostics believe it will forever be impossible to know for humanity

Currently I have 5 different things I wanna study in uni, excluding my current studies. Maybe in the future.

P.S.
Say what you want about Greece, but our free education is bomb.

the bane of the passionate academic
instead of asking yourself "what can I study"
you're forced to ask "what can't I study"

Attached: 1517449904517.jpg (640x598, 38K)

Ironically, almost everything I want to study is more practical than theoretical.
Electrical, electronic, mechanical, and software engineering.
Except psychology, that's merely for fun.

Bismillah al-Rahman al-Rahim

Attached: terrorsox.png (155x208, 56K)

iktf
I'd study psychology for the sole reason of better fucking understanding myself and how the world works around me
I like most things honestly but I just don't study very well outside my field

shit choices there
make a better poll

I plan to, later. It would be kinda useless to make another now. Maybe in a few days.

I honestly didn't expect a very big diversity. I dunno why.

The curiosity of man is both his greatest virtue and the path to his ultimate demise.

And it wasn't a barrel of laughs for his cat either

Goddammit.

Attached: Cna9rwzWgAIp9nC.jpg (1024x576, 93K)

You forgot Judaism

I mentioned that already.
I forgot quite a bit, actually.
I even forgot to post the fucking link in the OP.
It's rather embarrassing, really.

>no nihilist

Nihilism is a philosophy, not a religion.
Generally speaking, it can be filed under atheist

So this is how we are progressing.
Over 50% atheists up to now.

Attached: Screenshot_12.jpg (782x641, 77K)

This

I'd expect the two atheist versions to be switched around desu
I mean you can't really trust the results regardless but still

Voted other polytheistic religion.
I believe in my own synthetic religion.

Attached: d402a6259d9d11952ca2cec3c709b26a.jpg?e=1539541982&m=3YGkuqZr0ZkCmQd7953s0w.jpg (1424x1662, 470K)

Voted "other polytheistic religion" for Hindu.

Christards btfo

Attached: (1087).jpg (960x1104, 275K)

Orthodox is second Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Halt your datamining

Buddhism
Paganism just goes under other polytheistic religions.

>Flag

OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: d89.gif (600x580, 474K)

bump

orthodox is like the lamest christian version
Isn't Buddhism more of an atheistic philosophy?
Oh no.
I just noticed.
Oh no.
So sad.

larp

>orthodox
its the true church of God

>Buddhism
Dude samsara
How can you not call that spiritual

with buddhism it depends, the more traditional ones believe in things like divine beings and stuff and the scriptures reference them, it's mostly western buddhists that reject that completely because they often converted from christianity and probably aren't fond of the idea of divine and powerful beings

Catholic

Attached: fce969bd72af010ccd1dff24f234e37a.jpg (900x1236, 579K)

Ok so imma go sleep the dreamless sleep of a soulless heathen.
Please try to keep the thread alive for as long as possible, or the link or whatever, the more people vote the better.
Their teachings are more acceptable than the catholics, but the catholics have fucking awesome temples. Statues and shit are far more aesthetic than the obnoxious bronze and gold theme flooding all orthodox temples.
I admittedly do not know much, but I was under the impression that Buddha was a guy what rejected religion himself, essentially making him a godless prophet. This is based on something I heard years ago, and I never bothered to follow up on it, so please correct me.
Thanks for the input and thanks for the anime booty in shorts. I appreciate both equally.

I guess that's true. It still believes in reincarnation and karma and it has some religion-like rituals.

So there are supernatural elements, but not actual deities?

Ofcourse there are. I mean maybe not to that romanian depending on how he looks at it but in general there are
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saṃsāra_(Buddhism)
Seems to be a pervasive thing in the west, eastern religions get dumbed down to the point where most people seem to no longer understand the deeper meaning

Attached: 1535351415247.jpg (280x412, 15K)

i wil agree the chatolics know how to have style but when it comes to the spirit they are weak

There's no strict follow this God or you end up in hell like with abrahamic religions but you still get some spirits that help you with meditation and show you the right path. In some areas Buddhism was also mixed with the local paganism partially adopting some of the pagan gods and style of worship.

Im making a new poll, suggest common religious beliefs so it's more accurate than this garbo

please learn how to speak English properly for the love of god

Oh come on it's not THAT bad you negative cunt

Catholicism
Protestantism
Orthodoxy
Christianity (other)
Sunnism
Shiism
Islam (other)
Judaism
Hinduism
Sikhism
Buddhism
Jainism
Zoroastrianism
Yazidism
Paganism
Satanism

So what's wrong with my sentence?

Fist get rid of all the bullshit like orthadox and just make it Christian same with atheism
Do this
Christian , buhdism , Hinduism , Judaism , peganism, atheism ,

no, it's good, keep it

You needed quotes for "follow this religion or you'll end up in hell"

didn't you say this was for research
wouldn't you know best what info you need to do what you want
or were you very liberal with the word research
>still being left out

Attached: 1529308573555.jpg (574x430, 28K)

I'm trying to make it more accurate, not less.
Thanks.