Start arguing already you fucks autistic fucks

Start arguing already you fucks autistic fucks

Attached: JavaORPython.png (1200x627, 30K)

Python but Java is faster

>he engages in language wars
holy shit how new do you have to be

asuka or rei?

Faster at being flaming garbage maybe

Both mutilate your brain.

I tried both at seperate times and found java's syntax easier to digest

Easier to learn? Python I think but I prefer Java. It just makes a lot more sense to me.

both garbage

What kind of question is this?
Choose your endgame, not your meta.

Both have their use cases. Python for rapid prototyping, Java for application development

Attached: 1398098673342.jpg (1280x720, 127K)

Python for mindset
Java for OOP and form

No no no. Thats ruby's job.

>piss or poop

No, that's literally C++

At least in c++ you cant fuck (or arent encouraged) to fuck with the very language you are using.

or at least there are competent teachers of C++. Good god, fuck the teacher that taught me ruby.

Attached: outdated memes xD.png (2048x1024, 35K)

I would rather use c# than java

This but unironically.

It's like trying to pick the smartest retard.

Attached: 1499802634284.jpg (439x290, 23K)

Java is (poorly) constrained to a specific paradigm. Every teaching material you find will try to help you move in the direction of this paradigm.

Python is multiparadigm. It's also imperative and procedural. That kind of programming takes skill to do well and on top of that there's different types of uses for python. Some script in it some write larger applications (the libraries available make that clear).
So any teacher could be leaning in any direction.

Java is statically typechecked. I consider that must for any newbie language. The additional cognitive burdens of dynamic typing and ducktyping especially doesn't suit large applications or new programmers who are working on the edge of their capabilities.

Daily reminder that your chosen programming language and its syntax are only 5% of what programming truly is as a craft. Only idiots and autists argue about language choices. Just learn one language well so you can start playing around with the interesting parts of computer science without trivialities blocking you.

But because I'm an autist I suggest SICP and Scheme for beginners.

Or take the hardware route and become a pragmatic engineer who actually knows how to do stuff. No idea how to do that but those guys are cool as fuck. Most of them study something else than CS though.

Many languages aren't conducive to specific style.
Scheme is certainly simple enough to be a first. SICP dispels most of the confusion you could have.

But the pick was between Java and python.

Arguing between Java and Python serves no purpose since there are also millions of alternatives. No one is restricted to choose between the two.

I don't hate this language so much after experiencing the cages of commercial Java, C# and massive overbearing front end frameworks. PHP isn't that opinionated, it's just a shit ton of features and that's a good thing. Just choose to not use the shit ones.

PHP doesn't deserve the hate it gets.

They're completely different languages. They aren't really comparable. I guess Java because it's faster.

You need to be 18+ to post here.