/our mainboard/

Asrock has blessed us with a TRIPLE NIC'd X399 threadripper home, which includes 10GbE RJ45. The overall board looks fairly non-cringey as well.

>asrock.com/MB/AMD/Fatal1ty X399 Professional Gaming/index.asp

This will probably be what I purchase to house my x2990.

Attached: ASROCK_X399_PROFESSIONAL_GAMING_06.jpg (1980x1262, 728K)

its beautiful

Attached: 1526744772126.png (612x537, 424K)

what is that thing in the bottom left? the one that says 'bios'? is it a button or a port of sorts?

If you lift it the BIOS escapes into the ether.

Probably. I have a button like that on my motherboard. If I press it, then turn the machine on, it'll go into the BIOS without me having to fucking around with the keyboard.

So looks like your options are:
>Standard 1gbps link on any of the 3 adapters.
>2gbps link to the network utilizing 1+1 bonding on the dual 1GbE ports and supporting switch.
>5/10 gbps link using the 10GbE adapter.
>10GbE port for dedicated LAN, running hypervisor with pfsense in VM which owns the 2x1GbE ports and uses them to route WAN/LAN traffic.

>The overall board looks fairly non-cringey as well.

Attached: gamerfuel.jpg (480x360, 21K)

>Relatively speaking, of course.

Attached: 622d7b25a0.jpg (640x428, 179K)

>blocky aluminum VRM heatsinks with no surface area
When will manufacturers get their head out of their ass and release some VRM heat sinks with some fin stacks? Gigabyte did it but on there $250 am4 motherboard is it really that expensive for fin stacks?

>Less USB ports than my Crosshair
>Garbage BIOS support because ASScock
>Wifi because lel
>Sponsored by gamerfood man
>11 phases so it can barely run a 32c TR2
okay.jpg

Show us a better alternative which is also compatible with socket TR4.

Let's wait until 2nd gen boards start actually coming out instead of preemptively trying to shill polished dog turds (X370 Taichi, anyone?).

>Professional Gaming
>RGB LED
Can I maybe just get a version for normal people for 50$ less?

Attached: 1524078241681.png (187x266, 66K)

>Professional
>Gaming

Attached: my sides.gif (500x281, 3M)

>Garbage BIOS support because ASScock
It's not a total loss. At least they provided microcode updates for most of the 7 (Ivy) series

Too bad they can't support their current AMD boards well then. A friend of mine got a Killer SLI, worst decision ever.

>asrock

eeeeeeeeh

don't understand what's so bad about the taichi

>Killer SLI
oh dear....

>professional gaming
>12 (twelve) usb3 ports
>not a single usb2
w- where do you plug your mouse...? Enjoy your crappy usb3 drivers.

>AssCock
Got one for ryzen 1600 and it randomly freeze when running XMP. The replacement had the same issue. Never again. Asus is king of mobo.

they can do both dumbass

My mobo has a button like that, but it's a clear-CMOS thing, so if you set your overclock too high and can't boot then you don't hav e to open the case to reset it. Or you press it by accident and rage because the computer forgot everything about itself down to what fucking time it is.

How much fucking USB do you need, geez.

Afaik they still have huge issues with memory compatibility/training, to the point where you feel like you're on a launch X370 bios. Buildzoid talked about it in a recent video but I can't find it right now.

Fair enough, that doesn't sound too hot in 2018

I couldn't install Windows 10 from an usb stick using usb3 port. Probably because I used the bootloader that my uni provided me when I got Windows 7 from them tho. Still, worked on usb2 port.

I accidentally plugged my mouse into a USB3 port a few months ago, instantly noticed after the crap it was causing and immediately switched it back. I honestly can't remember what now but it was bad enough to notice, so there's that.

>Get 10GB port
>Plug it to you 1GB network box
>Profit?

board looks great

do they come with the case bolts? currently only matx can be used because there arent enough places for screws

>fairly non-cringey
>Not being absolutely non cringey

Attached: AB50837_1.jpg (858x1000, 907K)

>analog audio/video
>ps/2
Delicious

Attached: 1528949697469.jpg (1280x720, 111K)

What a masterpiece. Nothing better to lay my fx8350 in the blossoms of.

>The overall board looks fairly non-cringey as well.
>Fatal1ty
what

Why would anyone need more than 1 nic?

>TRIPLE NIC'd
Can I now use my main desktop pc as my router as well? What would be the downside?

I could use that button on quite a few people

My computer has a bios reset button on the back that sets ot back to factory. This is common on boards for overclockers.

Who gives a fuck what your mobo looks like? if your case has a window then you should neck yourself anyway.

It's a common piece of security advice to not have one does-it-all machine like that, primarily because it gives you a broad attack surface, and a configuration mistake or oversight can be more damaging. But is it possible to do that? Yes, of course it is. Your desktop Linux has access to all the same fancy networking tools that "serious" server distros and the like have.

One downside, of course, would be that the rest of your network would only work when your desktop was powered on and functioning properly.

the rice, bling, and RGB crap costs money, its perfectly understandable to want to not have to spend that on decorations you won't even see.

how the fuck can technology look "cringey"?

Jow Forums is now going through their 14 year old twitch fortnite chat user phase so everything is cringe haHAA. hopefully it will be over in a few months until the next fad

Attached: haHAA.jpg (1664x981, 180K)

yeah that was rather a rhetorical question. the board is cool though but there are plenty more similar boards out there so whatever

muh aggressive gamer style

Attached: 1500216106399.png (640x652, 619K)

>PS/2

Attached: image.jpg?w=400&c=1.jpg (400x401, 44K)

I won't have a motherboard with "gaming" in the name.

>assrock
>ever

werks for me

>wifi
dropped

Attached: 1358591738696.jpg (400x534, 38K)

>Professional Gaming
>no pci slots
>usb 2.0 port is also colored blue
>stupid heatsinks and plastic covers everywhere
>asrock
Perfect

Attached: frog.jpg (754x1158, 85K)

>black like my soul everything
>stupid "board has standard feature" labels everywhere

>not cringe

>asscocks
enjoy your dead motherboard after 3 weeks of release

10gbe you say?

A new mysterious matte black and copper color scheme to match the prestigious components on ASRock's high-end motherboards.

>Fatal1ty%20X399%20Professional%20Gaming

I wish they would just call it "X399 Pro" or "X399 Professional GEEK: Pro-Gaming, Pro-Editing, Pro-Engineering, Pro-Kreation".

NAS

>- 2 x USB 2.0 Headers (Support 4 USB 2.0 ports) (Supports ESD Protection)
>- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen1 Headers (Support 4 USB 3.1 Gen1 ports) (Supports ESD Protection)

explain

>Is plain jane but doesn't claim to be a workstation board
>Has 2 PCIe X16 slots going to the north bridge and doesn't have SLI or gaming in it's name
That's Gigabyte being Gigabyte with the labeling, but the thing is gorgeous.

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1600x1200, 298K)

Did am3+ even have a northbridge lmao

Yeah it's a really old school setup that AMD wouldn't replace until 2017, I even have a northbridge OC.

Attached: NB OC.png (1128x577, 245K)

2 NICs i understand if you want to have a Threadripper powered firewall. What the hell would you use 3 for?

>He thinks that looks good

Looks like a twink version of the X79-UD3, but I understand if you're a homosexual.

Attached: Top.jpg (765x927, 239K)

Damn that thing is really sexy, wtf happened to Gigabyte beyond P67/Z68/ X79? because the X79 UP4 is what you're gonna want because it supports Ivy Bridge and has 8 slots for DIMMs.

They kept it real with the AMD 990FX platform and I am okay with that.

Attached: 8940_big.jpg (832x1000, 366K)

It's short for boi pussy

Efficient fin stack heatsinks cost more and don't glow in colors so it doesn't appeal to children which is why we can't have nice things.

Haha, god my 8350 was good but fuck how could 1 cpu be so power hungry and inefficient

God i regret my 990 board some times. But im on x370 now so its all good

I have one. It's pretty nice, especially for the price I paid. I'm running my RAM at 3466MHz.

My mouse and keyboard work perfectly in the USB 3.0 ports to the side of the PS/2.

It literally lives up to the name bulldozer, inefficient but it get's it done, because one core being used with all the module's resources has the same IPC as a core 2 processor, but it gets around being slow by clocking sky high.

Attached: FXCPU_Die.jpg (2249x3119, 3.65M)

RISE UP

is it VR Ready™ ?

Why didn't AMD releasea 6 module faildozer?
The L3 cache was so slow it was useless.

Need to see the IOMMU grouping.

Yeah I really wish there had been a "12 core" 6 module released instead of the 9590, even if the tdp went up to 140w or something, we wouldn't care because the UD3 could handle it and the board lets you disable half the cores for 6 real cores with good ipc that clock high.

I'd rather see dual 10Gb SFP+

>6 real cores with good ipc that clock high
It's not like most shit that would benefit more IPC and less cores would benefit much from 2 extra cores.

at home not so much but I miss having two nics on my last work machine to run tests on equipment. Now if I am running a test I can't access the network and have to keep switching back and forth.

SFP is too expensive and complicated for normie gamers.

you can flash your bios without a monitor and without a cpu

My Vegas Pro would render better with twelve 4GHz cores so to me that means the world, also muh multitasking, cause I can throw a render on my 8350, which isn't even that powerful, and it doesn't feel like it's lagging or anything, it kinda behaves like a xeon or something.

>11 power phase
>60a power choke

Attached: 1528516809826.jpg (480x300, 36K)

Do you have a 10Gb switch or router? If not, you need to dedicate your 10Gb port directly to the NAS and use another Ethernet port for the intertubes.

Also if you're a poor fag, you can double/triple up the 1G ports like with other mb.

wat?

>>usb 2.0 port is also colored blue

They're USB 3

>- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-A Port (10 Gb/s) (Supports ESD Protection)
>- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-C Port (10 Gb/s) (Supports ESD Protection)
>- 8 x USB 3.1 Gen1 Ports (Supports ESD Protection)

People on Jow Forums are autistic about boards having built on wifi for some reason.

I pity anyone who has to use wifi for their stationary desktop.

Same here, I was getting 30 down 6 up on my wifi USB wifi N, then I nutted up and run a 50 ft cable to get the full 70 down 6 up.

Attached: 20180530_191534.jpg (1932x2576, 919K)

It doubles as bluetooth

>- Supports IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
>- Supports Dual-Band (2.4/5 GHz)
>- Supports Bluetooth 4.2 / 3.0 + High speed class II

WOW, so does a $4 dongle off aliexpress.

>$4 dongle off aliexpress

Enjoy your chink botnet

>AMD
Pity it's inherently useless.

Dave?

Attached: 1529499860077.jpg (1280x720, 137K)

How can Skylake-X ever recover?
>inb4 Intel scramble to release lga3647 as a consumer socket to compete

Attached: 1529922358845.png (1002x1480, 1.25M)

>3,647 bendable pins

Attached: 1523433903969.jpg (1038x1000, 140K)

>paying $3647 for the privilege

Attached: 1530039885091.jpg (674x674, 74K)

Those are the ports on my new late 2018 macbook pro

>>no pci slots

what for?