Is pic related good for a first job? Or are small startups better?

Is pic related good for a first job? Or are small startups better?

Attached: Accenture-Job-Share-Thumbnail.jpg (1600x900, 71K)

If you can't handle stress, high amount of incompetent management, none existent documentation and processes but like having a high salary you go work for it or any other company on the stock market.

If you work at small and independent companies you have more creative freedom, probably less stress since nobody has to deliver numbers to share holders and flat hierarchies.

Yeah, just don't plan on staying too long and don't let yourself stagnate

How are both options for professional growth and value on the resume?

And maybe you meant "if you can handle stress"

Some say it's not good because "you end up staying there forever" but it seems like a retarded statement, you can just fire yourself. The problem would be in a company that fires you easily.

I worked there and went away just because I had a better offer from another big company.

The pay was really good, expecially for being a first job, and I learned more stuff there than I'd even imagine. Yeah you work quite a lot, but that's how it works in every decent company if you want to prove yourself useful, expecially in your early years. I hadn't got problems with management talks about, it was okay if you ask me.

If your alternative are small startups I'd advice working there any time. Startups are the ones who "keep you there forever" until they fail, to answer , at which point you don't have other options if not other shitty startups, because you're the same as before entering but several years older.

Depends what you'll be working with.

If it's MSP - Stay for 2 years so that you've learned how to handle pressure, learned the technologies thoroughly and learned how much you don't want to work at an MSP.

I'm currently 1 year into a MSP job, and being customer facing is fucking painful. MSPs get paid by how much work they can off-load onto you, so it is important you set your own boundaries and don't go out of your way to "please" management because they won't notice.

>non-stressful days
>competent management
>documentation and processes
>high-salary

I work for the biggest IT-company in the nordics and I have none of these things. The stress has gotten so bad I'm considering quitting.

Oh, and on holidays I usually get texts and messages constantly because I am single point of failure for plenty of things and management refuse to get more people.

What about non-MSP jobs?

>Oh, and on holidays I usually get texts and messages constantly because I am single point of failure for plenty of things and management refuse to get more people.
If you'd be smart you'd be able to blackmail them. You quit and they have to find a replacement or they keep you and fulfill whatever your conditions are.

Stop being a retard.

I don't know, but from what I've read online and heard from friends they are way less stressful, usually get your own office instead of open-space cancer, and higher paid.

Try to get something in the government, then you're pretty much job-secure for the rest of your life.

That being said, MSP is great work for starting out because you learn a lot in a short amount of time, but just be prepared to fucking crash and burn in stress, but after that initial crash and burn you'll learn how to handle it way more (ie: ignore it).

Are you dudes talking about big companies in general or the one OP posted?

in general. I have colleagues that came from accenture. They say it's all the same shit regardless of where you go.

As does most senior staff where I am at.

What is MSP?

>just be prepared to fucking crash and burn in stress, but after that initial crash and burn you'll learn how to handle it way more (ie: ignore it)
I think you already learn some of that if you went to a non-joke-tier college (where the UK ones are joke tier). But good to know, thanks.

Microsoft service provider.

Basically, infrastructure, o365, clients and etc.

managed service provider*

fuck. my bad.

And what is it that you actually do? You tell boomers how to use Office?

AMA

Attached: IMG_20180706_132656.jpg (2708x2550, 1.97M)

good boy, company cuck

Attached: ss (2018-07-06 at 13.29.37).png (837x353, 56K)

You set up the systems then manage them on a day to day basis (patches, policies, security, deployments of applications etc). Kind of like sys-admin just for multiple companies.

>working at an MSP

Don't do it, OP. Made me want to quit IT entirely.

What do you do?

It's shit and you will wish you were dead.

How old are you? How long have you been working there? Do you have any other job experience?

MSP in theory, Browse Jow Forums play Vidya and watch anime in practice, pay is shit but I also do very little work
>How old are you?
>How long have you been working there?
Enough
> Do you have any other job experience?
No, I'm a hs dropout

This, but the other way around.

t. experienced

Do you like thicc bois?

Attached: nn7sgGP.jpg (678x469, 30K)

Attached: 1530833554206.jpg (371x550, 43K)

Well i find it the other way around after job hopping for nearly twenty jobs in 10 years, kek.

This. I'd love to not have to doubt about my future every few months.

I'm gonna hit the hay for today, if this thread is alive when I'm awake I'll reply whichever questions you have op or others I don't care

Worked for Accenture in France, it was shit. No one is competent here, all they care about are buzzwords to get new clients.
Managers are shit, once you reach a certain skill level they have nothing to offer you because they don't care about that (they call people with 1 or 2 years of experience "experts"), so you either move to management or you can fuck off.
Also they were planning to get 50% women for all jobs by 2020 (aka 1 female dev for every male dev).

Same here my frog Bro'. Cap Gemini, Accenture, Sopra, CGI, Safran etc... Same shit. It's crap, they turn prom majors into monkies and monkies into managers.

It's considered tier 2 behind MBB but still very good starting option. Make sure you keep tabs on exit options as you probably don't want to be doing it for too long.

yup, I had to move to the Netherlands to find a decent job. In France I was changing jobs every year / 2 years.

Looks like france is the problem, not accenture. I worked there a couple years in italy (and was relocated to spain for a higher salary) and it was alright.

Is it better than working for no name little startups as a first job? I guess that was OP's concern.

Yes, definitely. You'll build up a network much faster and because of the quick rotation of projects you'll develop a proper idea of what you want much faster.

In France, unless he has a maser degree, a dev start at 24.000€ (Brut) or less out of Paris. If Master Degree: 28.000€. It's literally a cuck job.

France has definitely a problem. the general culture in consulting is especially bad, even in mbb. Offices like Brussels, Luxembourg, Geneva are much better.

>apply for entry level java dev at accenture
>get emailed that they would call me for an interview
>they never called me or rescheduled
>^this faggot gets in with nothing
>I barely got a entry level C# IT dev job with a bachelors
Going to college was a mistake.

with a completely different company that doesn't specialize in IT btw

Man this country suck so much, you can't even negotiate your salary, in most places, because of shitty collective bargaining agreement.

M-MUH CONVENTION, M-MUH COEFFICIENT.

-Ahah, I see you only have a bachelor degree.
-So what?
-Coefficient 125, salary below 30 000€. Not negotiable.
-*rude hand gesture* *leave*

Thanks dog for the United-Kingdom is not far away.

Yes, France is a problem, but so is Accenture. Maybe it depends on overall level of local competence, but I'd say the Accenture company culture is present in all of their branches. I'd say it's a good way to get a varied experience and then move on.

Unions are cancer

I'm having other problems trying to career change but this country really is unforgivable.

I had an inteview for the Strat part in Brussels but didn't end up getting it

Curious about your profile. What did you end up doing after Accenture

>What did you end up doing after Accenture
Neeting, and selling stuff on Ebay for a living.

>spain
They offered me the minimum salary for a full time programming job told them to fuck off

Maybe its better this way

>anything below master's degree
>thinking you're worth anything

>implying a masters even means anything
It's more useless shit that doesn't benefit you in the workplace at all unless maybe you do machine learning now

Oh man, i had an interview :
> I ask the interviewer what programming language does he work with
> he says mostly Java
> then you must do a lot of xml too
> no, what is xml ?

frankly if the CS bachelors degree plan was more business oriented, it would be worth way more in this current climate with the industry. The problem is not only the fact that I have to compete with pajeets for entry level jobs that require 2 years of experience, but I have to also have to know business logic and up to date software development strategies.

Honestly CS degrees should be forced to minor in business administration or something.

This 100%.
It also applies to any major consultancy company, the pay is usually shit considering the amount of overtime and the stress but after 3 or 4 years slaving for them if you are not retarded you become hot shit and can pretty much go work everywhere you want.

Big companies don't work that way. They aren't afraid of good people leaving (they're used to it especially if they pay is poor), will swiftly replace him with some intern that will do a poorer job but will earn much less, and usually won't negotiate or react to "blackmail".

He should look for something better elsewhere and don't expect better conditions at his current job.

Both are shit options today. I've worked with both big companies and startups. At one that was in the top 10 of the Fortune 500, they had great documentation for everything from before 2010, but that was when they started getting saturated by Pajeets so documentation became minimal and processes started going to shit. By 2015 the Pajeets got green cards and moved to management so documentation stopped and processes were abandoned while they brought in their cousins with paper mill degrees, only hiring locals when the inevitable mess built up too much. Almost everyone is a contractor and with major companies you will find situations where you work as a contractor for a small virtually unknown company that itself is a contractor for the more famous company. In fact, if I remember correctly, Accenture is a company that exists to pimp out contractors to other Fortune 500s. In large companies, you will start work at 6:00am a lot of the time to coordinate with the offshore team, essentially the Pajeets too dumb to get a visa, but their combined IQ is just enough to put a semi-working product together. You will find it's easy to get away with a lot of slacking off, leaving or even taking days off (while still billing for the hours) because you get lost in the company.
Startups are just a different hell. Documentation and processes are already non-existent. Many of them have a "culture" which I suspect is just a ruse to get you to stay at work longer. If you don't want to take a break for table tennis, fuseball, or even some downright childish activity because you just want to get your work done and go home, you are viewed as this curmudgeon who doesn't really fit in. There are much fewer Pajeets and the ones you do meet are actually worth something. Pay is often lower, but even with the lack of processes, it's far less frustrating because they rarely allow an incompetent person to stay long.