Give me one reason why you don't own one of these

Give me one reason why you don't own one of these.

>inb4 botnet meme
i know being a neurotic schizo is difficult but having ads tailored for you is not a bad thing.

Attached: 100417-google-home-mini7347.jpg (770x433, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

eff.org/nsa-spying/how-it-works
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Give me one reason why you don't own one of these.

> having ads tailored for you

I'm sure those LEDs glow less in the dark than you do, fucking CIA nigger

>having ads tailored for you is not a bad thing.
How can people actually believe this?

as I expected, no reasons at all given other than 'muh CIA', 'muh ads'. You're gonna get ads anyway so whats the big deal? Ever hear of adblock?

It's not, if you live your entire life based around consumerism and materialist tendencies.

I'm not really a consumerist though, I use a cheap chinkphone, I'm just sick of seeing lame reasons to shit on decent tech like this.

they record you wile your talking to your self and send it off to the CIA

>botnet
>meme
We're not gonna fall for your bait thread.

Attached: smug squid.jpg (862x720, 122K)

You're going to get an ad anyway, so would you rather have it be some random shit, or something you might actually care about seeing? This is assuming you're a retard and you haven't blocked ads.

Ofcourse this is ignoring the fact that I don't see what kind of data this would use to advertise to you.

>wanting ads
>for any reason
kill yourself OP shit thread

>If google doesn't get my data that means they can't advertise to me!

This follows how? You'll just get less relevant ads dumbass.

I don't need it because I can do everything it does already.

Now delete the thread and go kill yourself shill.

Except you had to pay over double for the privilege in a format that takes more time and is less convenient.

Can these do stuff like the El Gato Stream Deck but with voice commands instead?

Attached: 1530725324222.png (720x672, 401K)

Why the hell would I want the NSA listening to everything I say?

I dont think the NSA care about what music you listen to you schizo.

It's a media machine, not really that useful for doing anything on computers.

I find breaches of privacy to be much more inconvenient and harmful in the long term, compared to losing a few extra seconds when doing tasks in a 'manual' way.

>having ads tailored for you is not a bad thing.
having ads is a bad thing. I don't want to hear or see ads, tailored or not.

NSA listens indescriminitly

i dont get any ads you fucking retard

>I dont think the NSA care
take your "nothing to hide, nothing to fear" mentality somewhere else.

Attached: nan da tou.png (958x538, 606K)

In principle sure. But what are you really going to say to it that is really 'harmful'?

When will you understand that you can block the ads regardless.

nice try CIA nigger
now get out

So why are you complaining about ads from smart speakers when you seem to be aware you can block them?

Give some evidence that the NSA are logging your requests for pancake recipes then.

But why would I waste money for tailored ads instead of tailored clothes?

>>When will you understand that you can block the ads regardless.
I do that. But then why would I bring a device into my home whose sole purpose is to deliver, and harvest data for, advertising that I don't want?

I also don't like skiing. As a result, I don't buy skis.

kill yourself you dumb stupid nigger shit

Attached: .jpg (500x465, 30K)

because clothing is a waste of money

Because its purpose isn't to do that, it's basically all the convenient features of a smart phone thats easier to use with a better speaker for 50 bucks.

It is harmful on the individual and collective level to exchange your private data for some convenience, by giving away your data, you put yourself and others at the mercy of groups who will use this information for nefarious purposes, look at the Cambridge Analytica scandal for a small taste of what's to come.

smartphones aren't convenient, they're burdensome.

I can wear clothes, what can I do with ads?

>its a botnet its got ads the CIA NIGGERS ARE SPYING ON ME AAAAAAAAAAAAA

and ofcourse theres no evidence other than 'kys' the absolute state of Jow Forums neckbeards, you do realise that if you own a fucking phone you wouldn't be safe either.

>Give some evidence that the NSA are logging your requests for pancake recipes then.
eff.org/nsa-spying/how-it-works

I can't believe I'm replying to such obvious bait. Congratulations.

Attached: fuck you my nigger.png (392x278, 138K)

>Cambridge Analytica (((scandal)))
i remember posting about them on Jow Forums years ago, no one bothered to reply, even samefagged replies and nobody knew what it was.
every political party now does this, its far too easy to say something, and harvest how people feel about it online, literally being able to win an election how an AI would, by one move only.

you can convince niggers to buy your shit with ads
source: apple

CIA NIGGER

nobody wants to take someone as retarded as you seriously, it would be waste of time to debate with someone who has a room temperature IQ
best I can do is shitpost in your thread
thats what this thread is for right? shitposting

I'm honestly not baiting, I get what people are saying but then it all just collapses into people shouting cia nigger and muh botnet. There's no reasons or evidence for spying, or even what data could be spied on. Whats is it about smart speakers that is so insidious to you people that isn't already being done to your PC or phone.

>no evidence
this is why no one here takes you seriously
LURK MOAR

that's because you're a goddam CIA NIGGER

>There's no reasons or evidence for spying
t. boomer

and why should I take someone like you seriously who believes in conspiracy theories without evidence?

>There's no reasons or evidence for spying

Attached: bait, on.png (800x600, 35K)

>conspiracy theories
>no evidence
>implying i believe in "conspiracy theories"
this in an 18+ website

yes goy, buy the smart speaker. we're totally not taping/spying on you.

Attached: oy.jpg (604x604, 33K)

>it's bait because you don't blindly believe in conspiracy theories about how your entertainment device is funnelling what you watch on netflix to the cia and evaluating whether you are a terrorist or not

ok man

Look at this fucking retard!
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHHa

again no reasons given, this is getting pretty tiresome bro

I literally posted a link explaining how NSA surveillance works you retarded piece of shit
fuck I'm biting it.

Attached: autistic screech.gif (852x480, 774K)

kill yourself faggot
thats a reason

All this is is evidence that the NSA is tapping the phones, which means you're already a victim to this. No proof that Googles little smart device has anything to do with it and you wouldn't be safe regardless. Nobody is.

>there's no evidence!
>b-but they're tapping the phones!
>I-I made no mistake buying a GOOGLE speaker
>it was really cheap too!
you should honestly consider suicide, you can do it by helium tanks and its painless

>believes in smartphone tapping
>can't believe google/any company would do the same with their smart devices
I don't get it.

I can believe they could do it, what I'm questioning is if you own a fucking phone whats the big deal? You'd still be tapped one way or another.

>Give me one reason why you don't own one of these.
But you're asking the wrong questions my friend... why would I even look at something like that when I can google anything with my findertips? Yelling commands like a madman in the house isn't something that everyone finds appealing.

Reminder that if you're scared of corporations spying on you you're literally on the same level as boomer moms who watch Ellen at this point.

Attached: ellen.png (946x161, 74K)

Good goy!

I can see why someone would need a smartphone but why would anyone need a smart speaker though?

>You'd still be tapped one way or another.
Still don't see why you need an extra device for that shit.

You don't have to yell commands, its impressively sensitive, you could just speak a command pretty softly from a few meters away and it'd pick it up. Yeah it's not so useful if you're at your pc, but it's nice to play music/dim the lights or whatever when you're lying in bed without having to get up.

Amazon ties with CIA is not a meme though.

Why would someone need a smartphone? The only necessary thing on a smartphone is the ability to call people.

Attached: 1521621050901.jpg (680x510, 30K)

That depends on individual, I don't have one so I can't give you the answer.

>bait bait bait bait
>cia nigger cia nigger
>botnet botnet botnet

I'm honestly pretty dissapointed at the state of Jow Forums. you'd think you guys would be pretty savvy about what is going on but it seems all you guys have are buzzwords and ideology.

Attached: you.jpg (664x610, 54K)

Attached: angryanimeblackandwhitecuteFavim.com1192151.jpg (500x301, 45K)

Not even bothering to type words now?

Lets put it this way, lets assume you're right, let's assume that Google, Amazon and all the big tech corporations are all in cahoots with every government across the world and are feeding them data from everyone who owns a smartphone, computer, anything at all. Do you really think it makes a single difference if you own a smart speaker or not? You cannot escape it, you'd have to uproot your entire life and go live in a forest. The consumerist world is only going to get worse and worse until it takes over everything regardless of what a bunch of neets on Jow Forums think.

Attached: UIthYO9.jpg (1000x1502, 213K)

Internet surveillance isn't black magic. Encryption works. Tor works, Signal works.

>Do you really think it makes a single difference if you own a smart speaker or not?
Of course it does. We install free systems on our computers and also smartphones (to the best extend we can) for many reasons, such as freedom and protection from surveillance. Getting a blackbox that works always online literally goes against our interests, so of course we wouldn't even consider it.

>You cannot escape it
Take your defeatist attitude with yourself.

Attached: What Azusa thinks of OP and his botnet devices.jpg (640x960, 124K)

Because I don't fucking need one.

didnt read your post

Attached: 1530009784154.png (1440x810, 588K)

>just ignore everything bad about it
no

Only legitimate answer in the entire thread.

Didn't read the post.

>.01 cents have been deposited into your account.

This.
The thing is fucking useless.

What does it do?

Plays music and gives weather forecasts.

>You're gonna get ads anyway so whats the big deal?
t. millennial

I keep my lights manual because it can make the difference between DVT and no DVT. Moving more is good :-)

Guys, make sure to sage this bullshit.

>

lol murica

I don't have the problems it solves.

>Having big brother device in my house just like in 1984
You are going to have to try harder CIA NIGGER

I don't even know what they do

>caring about any kind of ad at all
what kind of boomer mental gymnastics are these

> having ads is not a bad thing
It is.

I don't "need it" to tell me the weather, or turn off lights.

I got one for "free" (when buying pixel 2) and for someone who don't have any smart home devices, it's fucking useless.
>It can start a timer for me but not a stopwatch.
>It can't play music because I don't got a google music or spotify. Maybe radio but fuck aids radio advertisment.
>It can do simple info searches.
Did not even take a week for it go back into the box again to get sold.

Attached: 1530649818462.jpg (1280x1004, 297K)

Wow nice bait op

Because I’m not redarded

>tell me what 2 + 2 equals.
>and don't give me that 4 bullshit

because I own HomePod, the superior smart speaker.

i but one for an in-joke between me and my friends. now it sits beside me, and i occasionaly use it to do something quick like currency exchange amount, weather. but other then that i rarely use it

6/10 would use it more if i was a lazy mouth breather that obeys what grand master google does and thinks that the future is telling a machine to do something instead of doing it yourself

Attached: mfw.gif (480x480, 2.97M)

It just creeps me out a little?

>hey google, order pizza
>hey google, why did my insurance rating increase?

I want one, but I've already been given/won two echos for free which I barely use. If someone wanted to trade for a Google home or just straight cash I'd jump at the opportunity. Seems a waste just to throw them away.