What technology can be used to save them?

What technology can be used to save them?

Attached: d2831a8b888a4319964254f6b65a9b74.jpg (620x444, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunker_buster
bbc.com/news/world-asia-44695232
youtu.be/FAY-t32vyds?t=6m19s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We already have this thread you tard

To save them from their stupidity, a rifle and a bullet for each retard suffices.

THIS LOOKS LIKE A JOB FOR DWARFS!

Attached: Dwarf_Miner.png (522x747, 835K)

how are you gonna get the rifle to them though

Get mining tools in there and let them dig themselves out.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunker_buster

so you're telling me a person can fit through something, but you can't push/pull oxygen tanks over your head....

so this is the power, of thai ladyboys....

Attached: wow.png (735x514, 423K)

Reeks of bullshit. They're lying about something. But why?

It's just noise. They're trying to drown news about Hillary's emails.

Where did you get the impression they haven't gotten oxygen tanks all the way to the back?

They have...

Musk just tweeted that he is making Kevlar inflatable tubes to put under the flooded sections.

this "news" story should not exist then

It's news because they're unable to get them out. The kids can't swim and the dive is too technical for them even if they could.

Getting oxygen tanks to them is completely different from being able to rescue them.

Their situation is not looking good.

Stupidest idea I've heard in a long time, the water pressure in some sections is immense.

It takes 30 minutes to swim 3 miles. The tunnel is 3 miles long full of water, so that's about a 1 hour : 30 minute swim..for a professional going full speed in calm, clear water.

Those kids aren't trained to be underwater for such a long period of time constantly swimming

>It takes 30 minutes to swim 3 miles
1 mile**.

how the fuck did they even get in there?

>do something very stupid
>get lost deep in a dangerous cave
>make other people risk their lives to save your stupid one

>water pressure
The water isn't deep. It's the cave wall that's so tight that prevents any rescue effort.

Where's my overhead drilling rig at? What the fuck is this shit?

In some places the water is several meters deep.

it takes 5 hours for the divers to reach the kids and 6 hours to go back. they arent making it

It's been taking professional divers around 11 hours to make a round trip. Diving through a cave is a bit harder than swimming on open water.

QPU misaligned

Correction, That was his first idea, now he is building pods coated in teflon.

>Building double-layer Kevlar pressure pods with Teflon coating to slip by rocks & front/rear rope tow hitch & lead pockets for neutral buoyancy. ~60 cm oval. Testing this aft in a pool with a subject who has never done SCUBA. Do the divers think something like this might work?
Seems cool I guess. I just hope Elon gets to play a large part in this rescue, he needs some good publicity right now and this could be really good for him and all his companies.

bbc.com/news/world-asia-44695232
best article atm for those not up to speed

Ridiculous pathetic fanboy.

*elon musk HYPERLOOPING into the cave while dabbing*

explosions or a vertical drill

>Earlier, a former Thai navy diver died on his way out of the caves after delivering air tanks to those trapped.

Was it really worth it?

not a chance

Attached: _102380736_thai_cave_rescue_v3_inf640-nc.png (640x559, 345K)

Just let them die. Treat it like a sacrificial offering to some Tsunami God or whatever to stave off future tsunamis.

come on anons, think about something! this must be solvable with some kind of blockchain!!!

How the fuck did they get so far back inside there? I mean did all those kids squeeze inside the narrow parts?

why the fuck did they even walk this far into a random cave without any guides or proper gear

maybe a stupid idea but why not pump out the water so they wont have to be doing expert diving to get out? seems easier than making pods and shit to get them out or wtever

Whose genius idea was it to go through sections this small?

Attached: ss (2018-07-06 at 06.10.36).png (782x167, 10K)

Yes, they are (all but one) kids and not adult divers wearing a full suit of gear. They can get through tight spaces.

Did you read any article? They're already pumping out water, but the rain cancels it out

Transporter from star trek. Now only to develop the necessary tech before they die.

water drains into the cave, just wait for the next big rain storm and these kids will probably be ded

if oil rigs can drill god knows how many miles down, so can people above ground

One think pad with arch installed and a shovel.

If they are not ladyboys then their lives are worthless on Jow Forums.
Delete this thread and take it to some other place.

Attached: 1391439046298.jpg (520x520, 100K)

How did they get there in the first place?

Attached: 649263.png (1918x1078, 833K)

the cave tidbit an the very far right has flowing water into the part of the cave the kids got trapped in. when the rain started they were chased farther in by the rain water in the earlier chambers but once they got past that part, they were forced to book it all the way as far as they could go into the cave or drown

Attached: 1530905722173.png (976x1526, 62K)

They walked in. Then it rained and the cave flooded.

The rainy season ends in October.

>they got there when it was dry
>then the whole system flooded with water which is a yearly occurrence that lasts for a few months

Water wasn't there before the rain came.

Uh, they didn't get lost. The cave got flooded.

There isn't any recommended gear or guides for flooding natural caves. You just shouldn't be in natural caves when water pours in.

why don't they obstruct the rain going into the cave while pumping out the water? all they need, perhaps, is sandbags

Because water seeps through rocks and underground rivers?

the rain isnt flooding the cave from the entrance. it seeps in from the ground. you would have to tarp the entire mountain and surrounding sides to stop the flooding

Attached: thailancdcave0407af.jpg (960x640, 111K)

Stupid fucking mistakes, man. Thanks for the info.

Attached: 32697 colors.gif (217x217, 178K)

Turn on an i9 7900x and use it to melt the mountain from the top

just progressively caulk it up m8

Yes you should go there. It's good that you know the direction from experience.

Use TV
1) Pay off a celebrity to do something stupid to distract the media
2) Trigger an avalanche at the cave entrance, hiding it
3) Pretend there is no cave and the whole thing never happened

Pasting it here won't make you go there faster. You need to click on your own link user.

hi Billy Mays here for the best deal on the original zombies the most absorbent material I've ever used. You could go over the hood the roof and the trunk of your car before you have to wring them out coffee tea milk or wine it doesn't matter it picks it up just like a vacuum 20 times its own weight in liquid here's 20 ounces.

Zorbees will save you a hundred dollars a year on paper towels call now and we'll send you not one but two of our giant your bees plus two of our kitchen size for just $10 but if you spend $10 with me today I'll spend it right back with you and send you a second set just pay separate shipping and process that means you get eighths or bees for giant and for kitchen size for only $10

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 17K)

That actually isn't a terrible idea. 20Km of tarp is gonna be better than any plan musk makes anyway.

Just throw the new intel 28-core cpu in the water and wait a couple of second for it to vapor away.

>this is my hole, it was made for me
youtu.be/FAY-t32vyds?t=6m19s

Why the fuck would a 25 year-old bring 11 kids on a cave exploration? Every article I find simply says "they decided to go in the cave", but nobody seems to fucking mind how weird and creepy this is. Jesus fuck

Attached: fug.png (211x246, 11K)

It was supposed to be a celebration. (They won a soccer game)

you could mix the basins of water with some water-soluble foam/resin that cures to a waterproof material, and dig or cut through the solid

why in the world would you do this

Attached: 1528599950280.png (250x250, 92K)

Absolutely. But it requires equipment, skills and time.

The access tunnel they'd have to dig here is around as deep as the two Sedrun access tunnels (820 and 850m respectively). It took ~12 months to dig that safely.

Granted, they wouldn't need a 7m diameter tunnel here and maybe the rock is easier than the difficult rock at Sedrun or whatever, but it figures they're not going to be down there all that soon.

Attached: Nrla_scheme.png (1600x860, 139K)

Pls be trolling, you and your trips

When a coach asks you if want to play cave explorer after a successful game, you fucking get out of there as fast as you can.

>a celebration.

HEY GUYS WE WON THE GAME, LETS GO 3 MILES INTO A FUCKING CAVE WHERE YOU HAVE TO CRAWL IN SOME PLACES DURING MONSOON SEASON

wait i know, freeze the fucking water, keep it frozen, and cut through it.

liquid nitrogen and heat exchange methods exist solely to save thai boys

Going vertically is a lot easier than going horizontally. At least in terms of dealing with safety and integrity of the walls.

Nylon tubes. Idiot.

Attached: Nylon Tubes.jpg (1721x1290, 173K)

>locations approx. not to scale
you're either not on scale or you are on scale, how the fuck are you "APPROX" not on scale

fucken britbongs

Why technology have to save our stupid asses all the time?

still not as bad as nutty putty cave

I think modern tunnel bore machines and sensors and geologists and tunnel builders getting experienced have made this somewhat relative.

Regardless, I don't think either the horizontal or vertical distance is "easy" or very quick to drill.

That some specialized exploratory oil drilling manages to drill a probing hole 2km or such into the ground in some time has the issue that you can expect to need a larger hole to extract humans AND that you can't exactly haul the respective specialized ship on top of that mountain.

traps not gay

that's why it exists

Why don't they just go out the way they came in but backwards

Why dont bring them back one by one
Takes 1 or two days

Mainly that the water that appeared meanwhile hasn't gone away yet, and probably won't for months.

a 30cm probing hole would allow them to pass anything survival-wise to the trapped people while they formulate a rescue plan

>Going into caves

Attached: 1447046020786.webm (1280x720, 2.53M)

if they keep running in place on the walls eventually they can clip through the wall

Just dig that shit down, make a small hole to pass supplies and you win time, with survival secured start thinking on methods, or simply wait the flood ends

did he died?

Holy fuck

unironically, nuclear bomb mining.

>guy sitting there filming him instead of helping

Underrated post.

If they were fit & trained adult cave divers guided by adult cave divers that prepared this escape from the entrance.

But they are non-swimmer kids in not exactly perfect shape. Some pessimists say that's a problem for some reason.

Even if such drilling equipment were available, it's probably not happening sooner than improving the underwater route.