/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread

>Post your questions here

>Read → → → →

>search
>ddg.gg/lite

>redirect anons making their own threads with >Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Windows questions?
>Where can I get Win10 LTSB?
>How do I activate Win10/Win7?
>pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
>pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
>pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
>pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: 4.jpg (1280x1804, 245K)

Other urls found in this thread:

officialkmspico.com
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7
static.googleusercontent.com/media/research.google.com/en//archive/disk_failures.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is Spotify an Electron based application?

Attached: 55156435_p0.jpg (637x900, 235K)

what's a monad

my laptop battery indicator is not accurate anymore. it suddenly shuts off at 20%

what can I do?

I need a good recommendation for a pci wifi card.
Are PCI wifi cards significantly better than usb wifi adapters?
My new room is about 70ft and 2 walls away from my router.

I need a Male USB port to repair something so I decided to tear apart an old mouse for parts. Sadly the cable doesn't have standard colors, and when looking at the PCB, the only markings are letters corresponding to the standard wire colors: B, R, C, and W.

Here's what is connected to what:
Blue is soldered to B
Grey is soldered to R
Cyan is soldered to C
White is soldered to W

I don't have a multi-meter to test continuity so are there any safe assumptions I can make as to the wires and pinout?

Attached: wires.png (1207x1079, 1.83M)

How do people crack office nowadays? Can I download a clean install image from microsoft and use a program to crack it? What is this program

Buy a new one.

PCI or PCIe?
They will perform better than the USB ones.
Check the bands (b/g/n/ac) your wireless devices use. ac is the newest one, so to future proof devices I'd get one with ac.

How the fuck do I play 2 audio tracks simultaneously in MPC-HC? I do a lot of stuff with video editing/recording, and I want system sounds and my microphone sounds separated into two tracks so I can mix them separately, but I want to be able to just view them both in a video player at the same time. Combining the two tracks into one is too much of a hassle for each video and ruins the whole point.

Attached: are you fucking serious.gif (300x164, 1.86M)

What's the best way to become hackerman?
Seriously, security, pen-testing, networking, etc is actually really fucking interesting to me but I have no idea what I should do to get into it as a career. Everywhere I look I see guys who have been programming since they were bouncing about in the womb while i've barely learned Python and some super minimal CLI.

Have you done the games at overthewire?

Discharge completely and then charge it again

Why does my ID on Jow Forums change every couple hours?

No but I just looked it up, is this legit info to base off of? Looks fuckin rad

Play capture the flag
>Depends on what you want to do, and if you're willing to relocate if you get a decent job offer.
>Comptia certs are very general. I'd skip the A+, you should already know everything covered there, that exam is a joke.
>-Network+
>-Security+
>Those are good.
>If you like the networking stuff, look into taking vendor exams, like the Cisco stuff.
>If you like the security stuff, look into taking the CEH exam.
>Be warned, just having certs doesn't mean you're going to get job offers. When I interview people with a bunch of certs, I ask them about their general work experience, and based on that I ask them pointed questions. It doesn't take long to figure out if the person is just a cert monkey (basically studied/cheated the cert and doesn't know shit). I'll take 4 years of real world experience over a 4 year degree any day. If they're prior military that's a huge plus, because they're disciplined, and already have a security clearance.

How do I print a triangle like this in Python?

Attached: 1501900496721.png (128x120, 3K)

Well, do that. Then do some CTFs from vulnhub.
The only way to become good at something is to do it. And then do it again.

Attached: 1529385719279.gif (400x400, 341K)

officialkmspico.com

Bumping

Attached: Grill.gif (304x429, 1.99M)

>Insert a blank DVD disk on my machine
>Reads it just fine
>Burn files into it [spoiler]with Windows 7's built in tool[/spoiler]
>Doesn't read the disk anymore
>Put the disk other machines
>They read the disk just fine
>Burn disk in another machine
>Mine still won't read it
All of them read the disk at 16x
Is it the disk?
Is my burner somehow fucking up the reader part but not the writer part?
What's going on?

I solved it already.

print("1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9\n 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 \n 3 4 5 6 7 \n 4 5 6 \n 5 ")

I recently bought a mobilestudio pro, and because of driver compatibility, i'm pretty sure i'm stuck with windows 10 on it.
So what's the best way to unfuck windows 10?
Disable as much of the telemetry as possible, disable cortana, remove default programs in favour of better ones, stuff like that

Attached: wacom mobile stuido overview compare 13 icon FPO.jpg (343x280, 28K)

>>Windows questions?
>>Where can I get Win10 LTSB?
>>How do I activate Win10/Win7?
>>pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
>>pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
>>pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
>>pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

I went through all of those, they only had stuff on downloading and activating windows 10, and stuff for 7 and 8.1

I recently bought a GPU from a guy in Vancouver Canada, I thought it would never come and got a refund, but it came two weeks late.

Am I legally bound to give the money back?

I also had this happen with a PSU in the past where Fedex brought two.

Very likely, so is Discord.

tl;dr: shit doesn't overclock. Bad luck on silicon lottery or am I a cuck for buying an asrock mobo?

Long version:
I'm trying to make the most out of my APU PC, that means overclocking both RAM and graphic processor.

The thing is that the slightiest change on clock speed of any of those (through ryzen master for the apu, from bios for the ram) crashes my PC right away even though the ram kit is advertised as a 3000mhz (2100 stock speed; 3000 on XMP).

Is this the case of the worst silicon lottery luck ever or am I fucked for cheaping out on the mobo and getting fucking Asrock instead of, I don't know, Gigabyte?

Attached: 1530916310466.png (170x198, 46K)

Is having 68 instances "svchost.exe" normal?

>he fell for the assrock meme

Ah, does it matter if its pci or pcie?
Thanks for the info mate.

>So what's the best way to unfuck windows 10?
>Disable as much of the telemetry as possible, disable cortana, remove default programs in favour of better ones, stuff like that
>I went through all of those, they only had stuff on downloading and activating windows 10, and stuff for 7 and 8.1
Win10 LTSB doesn't have all the botnet bullshit. Install that, it does what you want.

>Ah, does it matter if its pci or pcie?
>Thanks for the info mate.
They are different physical standards. What motherboard do you have, and what slot do you want to install it in?
Look it up on the vendor's site, or newegg, and check.

I don't think I installed the stock cooler for my Ryzen 2700x correctly. I know you're supposed to get both latches under the hooks and then press down on the bar to secure it but it feels impossible to move past the midway point. I've been monitoring my temps in Ryzen Master and it idles around 45, hits 60 in Chrome, and 80 in games.

Attached: DSC04823.jpg (3612x2384, 2.34M)

>I don't think I installed the stock cooler for my Ryzen 2700x correctly
No shit. Install it correctly.

What is the benefit of dual booting over switching between two hard drives?

Mobo is a Z170-A, so there are 3 pci-e slots, also my bad, I thought my mother board had both pci and pci-e slots.
But anyways, I take it a pci e wifi card will definitely get a better signal than a usb one right? Also, is there a way to test the strength of the wifi signal? I kinda just half ass it and use speed test, but I was wondering if there is a more accurate way to see the signal strength in a certain room.

>What is the benefit of dual booting over switching between two hard drives?
If you only have one hard drive, you dual boot.
If you have two, you can choose, but it requires either going into the bios and selecting the boot device, or you have to edit grub.

>I take it a pci e wifi card will definitely get a better signal than a usb one right?
Yes
>Also, is there a way to test the strength of the wifi signal?
Download wifi analyzer onto your phone from the play store. Very handy tool, especially if you live in a dorm/barracks/apartment.

Is there any noticeable downsides to the LTSB?
I know it disables and removes a whole bunch of otherwise forced programs and features, but is that gonna cause any incompatibilities with programs I might install or anything?
I mostly plan on using it for drawing, browsing and games

Is there a way to get LTSB activation keys? Or is there a way to make windows stop asking.

Is there a good go-to standard replacement for Malwarebytes Premium as far as overall constant-protection AV?

My TOTALLY LEGAL 100% version has been hanging up and crashing and preventing random shit from launching properly ever since I stupidly accidentally updated it a month or two ago and had to install the newest one, and I'm just about to give up. I figured I'd keep the free version for manual scans but I need a replacement for actual protection.

suggest good mac apps for reading manga

>I know it disables and removes a whole bunch of otherwise forced programs and features, but is that gonna cause any incompatibilities with programs I might install or anything?
No
>Is there a way to get LTSB activation keys? Or is there a way to make windows stop asking.
First pastebin
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4

Use defender.

>>I know it disables and removes a whole bunch of otherwise forced programs and features, but is that gonna cause any incompatibilities with programs I might install or anything?
>No
Guess I'll give it a try once I get a USB-C adapter, and worst case I can just roll back to the legit version it came with
Thanks!

I want to get a MacBook Pro but I'm torn between waiting till September to see what the new models are like and potentially see a price decrease in the 2017 models, or buying a 2015 model to avoid the new keyboard and lack of USB ports
Please advise

>avoid the new keyboard and lack of USB ports

Awesome, thanks man.

what is this post supposed to convey

Read it a couple more times, maybe it will make sense.

I opened up my hdd files today for and found some weird files that I have never seen nor downloaded in the root folder. I ended up deleting them right away out of fear and did not write down anything related to it. The files said that it was last edited in 2007, should I be horrified? I never go to any weird sites other than this shithole.

Not him but it doesn't make sense to me either.
Maybe you should just clarify what you were trying to say, because you may have unintentionally said something other than what you meant.

I can't tell if you're mocking my idea of getting the 2015 for the keyboard/USB ports or telling me to get it for the keyboard/USB ports

>avoid the new keyboard and lack of USB ports
Scan your shit.
avoid the new keyboard and lack of USB ports
AVOID.
Buy the older model with the OLD keyboard, and USB ports.
Or, get a thinkpad.

I don't know if you're new here or what, but greentexting something doesn't generally mean you agree with it

I have an X61 as my Linux machine but I want a MacBook for macOS and some other audio-related fuckery that works best on MacBooks
Thanks user

I'd get the 2015. The new models will probably be just as bullshit as the current ones, if not more. Apple really tends to commit to shit like this, for better or for worse.

Are hard drives really that susceptible to heat?

For the longest time, I always held the sentiment that high-use/high-performance hard drives needed to be positioned in front of a fan to keep temps down. But taking a look at most cases today, it seems like the placement for most hard drives is an after-thought, having little to no airflow. Do you still really need to keep hard drive temps down, or case manufacturers retarded?

Attached: 1303067260453.jpg (645x476, 240K)

AFAIK: Hard drives don't like high temperatures, but they don't consume enough power to get really hot on their own. So long as they're not tightly packed in they're probably fine.

Have a Pi3 running Linux (Arch) but the file system is FAT32. Want to basically format the SD card with EXT4 to make it more Linux friendly(compatible) I guess.
How can I migrate my setup without losing any data?

Attached: wat.png (250x250, 34K)

How do I get a xbox controller to work with Wine?

I've been creating this thread the last 4 days or so.
Then get whatever one works best for your software.

MBPs post-2012 all support the new macOS that's coming out, so that shouldn't be an issue

You don't want them getting much hotter than 40 degrees C if you can help it.
static.googleusercontent.com/media/research.google.com/en//archive/disk_failures.pdf

In my professional opinion, avoid Apple entirely.

Even if you had a legitimate reason to look at Macs, the quality of Apple products have un-ironically plummeted since Jobs died.
>You have to put up with adapter shenanigans with their latest MBP
>Besides the gimmicky touchbar, unless they've fixed it with High Sierra, their compatibility with different USB-C devices is absolute shit
>On top of the fact you can't repair or service them
>Their older models are in the same boat, on top of their trackpads commonly being defective
>Apple doesn't even stand behind their Mac Pro's--their asinine iTrashcans haven't been updated for like 6 years
>As a professional desktop workstation, you can't even install a fucking traditional hard drive
>All their hardware woes aside, their operating systems are shit
>High Sierra had GLARING security issues and is already being phased out after less than two years
>And this is ALL besides the fact that sales of there complimentary products have been grossly underwhelming across the board

Attached: 1285214310494.jpg (400x300, 49K)

If you truly need Mac system, get a fucking Mac mini

Otherwise, even the most stalwart Mac-fags at my work are second-guessing their zealous devotion to their Apple overlords

How do I monitor the security cameras in my apartment building? Used to be I could switch to a channel on the TV, but they got rid of that.

How viable is using 2 HDD's with 2 different windows installations on it for:

HDD(1): for developing/casual use
HDD(2): Pirating games/other software

Would having them seperated by OS installations keep viruses from spreading to the clean HDD?

I recently bought a GPU from a guy in Vancouver Canada, I thought it would never come and got a refund, but it came two weeks late.

Am I legally bound to give the money back?

I also had this happen with a PSU in the past where Fedex brought two.

I'm surprised the GPU arrived anyways, considering Canada is Neo Hong Kong.

Nah, it's part of my plan user. I don't want you.

Attached: 1530937266527.jpg (466x550, 19K)

how i can ssh through a proxy when i am only allowed to browse specific sites?

Depends the platform used.
>eBay
Not really.
>Amazon
Yes you should.

Why aren't videogames fun anymore? Why isn't anything fun anymore?

Attached: existential depression.jpg (750x711, 691K)

Mayans were actually correct and the world ended in 2012.
This is hell.

>This is hell.

Because WWII went the wrong way.

Maybe you've just grown up.

I see you mate. I always appreciate the times you show up to help me, and I still find it way absurd that you can meet my arbitrary times of the day I pop up in sqt. Cheers. And yeah it was completely fucked- I didn't understand why at the time (you helped me understand now) but I ended up discarding the redundant animation loops and trying to loop it over itself a single time .

Also now I feel bad for my not responding to the other user who replied to the above post. I was feeling spaghetti over trying to get the post in (it was on page 10 by the time the webm completed), so I left him hanging. But this is irrelevant to you. Just thanks again for the insight across all those sqts.

how the fuk do i get embedded webm's to work on firefox esr? they crash my tab every time.

It was ebay.

Though this has happened on amazon in the past. i bought a slime plush from Dragon Quest on amazon and it arrived late, so I got a refund.

I thought it wasn't coming and bought another from a different
Company, same issue, free slime.

I feel kind of guilty honestly.

I heard rumors that you can disable captcha with NoScript on Firefox. There a guide for that?

how to make noctua nh-d14 less ugly? maybe D15 chromax will fit?

Anyone have experience using bluehost?

I am using to host a portfolio site and maybe some other sites but having weird issues

Attached: Bluehost-Web-Hosting-Detailed-Review-TheRatul.com_.png (800x505, 32K)

Some user would throw me some thoughts about VM on Linux? I only know KVM but I know almost nothing about it, I don't know if there's better options out there, and I would like to switch from LXC since I think is giving me issues.

You can, but you wont be able to post.
Install 4chanX, enable noscript catpcha, enable captchafix.
Enjoy easy captcha.

we strayed so far from what god intended that everything became ugly and meaningless

How do I hijack an HTTPS traffic?
No, I will not steal facebook passwords, I am just curious what does chink app do.

If a HDD that was in a mac is damaged because it was dropped (to the point where it clicks and isn't recognized by any of the major operating systems), how likely is recovering photos off the drive going to be?

I'm going to find out if photorec can see the drive soon and be able to pull data from it, but if the software can't see the drive what are my other options?

I know there's companies that specialize in recovering data of drives but I was wondering what is plausible. I imagine the processes for data recovery can get pricey.

Or at least make chinks app think that I'm its server.

I'm looking to transmit a signal of 295 MHz through a RF link transmitter, but I can only find ones that transmit at 315 MHz and 434 MHz. Would I be able to transmit at a lower range than 315 MHz if I were to purchase a 315 MHz transmitter? From my understanding, some of this hardware is locked to specific frequencies to adhere to FCC rules.

If its clicking you have huge problems.

You'd have to download a super fucked virus for it to hit the other drive. You'll probably find that having to boot into a different OSs for different reasons to be annoying too. Probably not viable in my opinion but you can do it if you want.

What would give me better performance.
Overclocking my GPU or increasing VRAM speed?

whynotboth.png

Is there any way to hide a particular html widget behind a checkmark/gate control element which the user then has to click on first (and which says something like "Let me see this") sorta like the entry page of adult websites except this would only be affecting said single widget/element rather than the entire site it's being hosted on

I just read about the stylish vulnerability thing.
I had it installed.

Do I have to change all my passwords asap?

what's the best 4changs app for iOS

Do to popular demand I've started a webdev business. Only problems are..

>don't know how much to charge
>how to charge them (half up front, half when done, etc.)
>how to assure them that I'm not overcharging

I've had a client ask me to verbally explain what I did so he could feel assured that I'm not ripping him off

any advice would be appreciated

Attached: CF9D3697BB4944AB964C21226644B9C5.jpg (500x383, 51K)