What should I major in Jow Forums

What should I major in?
I'm interested in too many things..

I don't think I wanna do CS, it seems over concentrated and I already know quite a lot of it. I might do CE, I've done a few soft-CPUs and enjoyed that; math is also an option, along with weirder things like aerospace engineering or something to do with chemistry

Attached: 9s0gy17j4z611.jpg (650x650, 80K)

physics

Nuclear Engineering

>don't think I wanna do CS, it seems over concentrated and I already know quite a lot of it.
hahhahahah

No I'm too autistic

Expand

Note that CS isn't just software development. There are a lot of interesting subfields within it. A Master's (or a doctorate) in CS will teach you a lot and be worth a lot, for the most part.

Do you know computer *science*, rather than just knowing how to code? Like different types of algorithms, their properties, big O, AI, etc... You can easily learn how to code before college but I don't think most people will come across the scientific portion on their own.

If you are looking for a good career, I recommend doing CS. If you think other STEM fields arent over concentrated, you are dead wrong. Use your coding knowledge to secure good grades and secure internships early or do side projects while your peers struggle during the intro classes.

>Do you know computer *science*, rather than just knowing how to code? Like different types of algorithms, their properties, big O, AI, etc...
Yes

you're a nigger!

there are plenty of autists in physics.

then again the fields that require computer skills are not where the autists go... they love theory or condensed matter experiment for some reason

Alright I'll bite

I'll look into physics more, haven't dome that in a whike

go to bed quentin

Huh?
Alright... Goodnight...

Want an honest answer?

Math.

Alternatively, politics, psychology, or anything social sciences. While pursuing those, also focus intensely on learning R, Python, and something like LISP.

Computer Science majors are a dime a dozen and retarded. Having that major will not give you an up in any coding interview. You can also just pick one up on the side from a retard state school if you really need it. Or get a just-for-show degree like a masters in "information science".

What matters more than your college degree is your github. If you are not actively involved in projects and doing real things, expect to end up at the bottom of the stack.

Thanks

data science

reminder that Computer Science is not science and it doesn't have directly to do with computers

"Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes, biology is about microscopes or chemistry is about beakers and test tubes"

Major in sucking dick, I'm sure you'll be great at it.

Do you call it science if you borrow the toolbox of someone and look if there is a hammer inside?
Then Computer Science is not science.

You don't. Just teach yourself to program.

do what you will succeed in (define success how you want).
also note that if you pursue a hobby as a living then you may grow to hate it

Why not do CE or EE then, they both have physics(EE more than CE) and its fun

>I don't think I wanna do CS, it seems over concentrated and I already know quite a lot of it.
Nobody knows "quite a lot" about any field before reaching higher education. Even then, the majority still graduates while knowing "barely something" on the subject.

Attached: 1_UH3jzMMH05RqCAYW5y9vNA[1].png (613x481, 33K)

>over concentrated

Are you trying to type over saturated?

Anyway, go engineering if you're in the United States. If you like computers and electronics go electrical engineering. The majority of CEOs of fortune 500 companies in the United States have engineering degrees. The degree itself will help you develop critical thinking skills and adaptability with problem solving. All engineers in the US are certified and legally have to be before being hired meaning they cannot be outsourced.

Attached: drt92uczf6r01.jpg (698x502, 50K)