So, why use laptop? The only reason to own a laptop is to transport it...

So, why use laptop? The only reason to own a laptop is to transport it, but I know none of you have jobs or even leave the house. Building a desktop with great specs (non-gamer, very work oriented, cheap GPU but great CPU and RAM) costs $300 or so, while some of y'all are paying $600 for laptops with specs barely half of that.
So, why use laptops ever?

Attached: good idea.png (313x315, 49K)

Maybe I don’t like sitting on a shitty computer chair that hurts my back after a few hours.

Maybe I want to lay on my bed and shitpost.

Maybe I don’t give a shit about gaming specs that necessitate a giant tower computer.

Maybe I want to use my computer somewhere else in the house besides the same, shitty, cluttered desk.

Go away.

Attached: 37117744-55DB-4ED3-ABF4-1E4B357B48B1.png (630x451, 355K)

>shitty chair
Depends on your purchase. Also, you can plug your PC into your bedroom TV and use a bluetooth keyboard and mouse.
>shitty desk
Again.
>'i dont give a shit if im spending more on inferior hardware'
That's some Apple shill shit right there.
>'go away'
No u.

Quit suggesting me to buy more things to match your manchild lifestyle. I never mentioned I owned a Mac.

Go away forever.

Attached: 42D4B2BB-333D-4B38-AD53-6FE6C2BCB413.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

Wow, you are actually retarded. I never said that you own a Mac, I said that the fact you will defend spending less on inferior hardware is an Apple shill thing to do.
Also, a bluetooth keyboard and mouse set is $20 if you purchase Logitech. That's $320 to your $600 ShitPad.
Enjoying value and not having to upgrade for a decade (since Arch will only start using more than 40% of my R5-1400 in a decade) is my game. $280 less for a longer lasting machine? Why the fuck are you opposed to it.

because i fell for the thinkpad meme.
i use it to shitpost on when im in bed or in the kitchen.

Attached: IMG_0141 (1).jpg (4032x3024, 1.66M)

My laptop is also my desktop, based ThinkPad docking stations.

So I can shitpost while I shit.

Attached: 1525516827596.jpg (431x538, 32K)

laptops are the most efficient seedboxes

comfy bed posting

You spent more money just to dock a laptop?
While it isn't a bad idea (if you run a Linux distro of some kind) since Linux uses very little CPU, and you can go from desktop to portable device in a snap, why spend more money for that?
>torrenting
>not using software that was free to begin with
See, since you are going many places in your house with it, this is justified.
If you paid for it at a discount.

>but I know none of you have jobs or even leave the house.
But I do. A laptop is quite useful if you have to use it at work or somewhere else, or if you have to travel long distances (~100km here, around 2 hours of travel every day).
My laptop has saved me a few times when there's no electricity due to the awful winter on my country.

Laptops are not a 100% replacement for a desktop pc due to hardware and other stuff, but it's worth having if you are not a neet

>if you are not a neet
This is Jow Forums.
We know you don't have a job.
Stop roleplaying.

>You spent more money just to dock a laptop?
Yes, docking stations are like $20.
It has an i7 4810MQ with adequate cooling for it which is almost equivalent to a desktop i7 3770 so that's more than enough for me.

YO DAWG

I'm going to roleplay as a neet just because I love you, user

Attached: 1529253744557.jpg (597x594, 83K)

Attached: 1274386313_xzibit.jpg (405x405, 15K)

Because my apartment is small and I don't gayme much anymore so just having my laptop in the kitchen is nice. I can also unplug it and bring it places if the need arises.

> The only reason to own a laptop is to transport it, but I know none of you have jobs or even leave the house.
I travel frequently so I do need my laptop. I also use it around the house, for comfy bed posting and comfy poop posting. I don't play games other than Pokemon shit, so... I also got my laptop for free, so there's that.
Any questions OP?

u rnt clvr stahp

Attached: confusion.png (407x309, 110K)

This is justified. This guy actually goes places and he didn't overpay for shit hardware.
Props to you.
Laptops aren't bad, but paying for laptops full price while not going anywhere with them is fucking retarded.

>comfy poop posting
try adding more fiber to your diet. if it takes you more than one minute for the whole process, something's fucked.

WHY NOT BOTH YOU FUCKING CRUSTY BUTTHOLE. jeeze.

Attached: imagine.png (351x272, 164K)

>I care how people are spending their money
I imply that you probably have none or it's scarce to you.

Attached: 1490895536882.gif (320x384, 2.23M)

In all honesty smart devices will have taken over in the next ten years. the feel just hasn't caught up with a lot of the computer geeks yet. I can do most daily tasks that a traditional computer could do from a smart device. while i was attending a few community college classes a few people wrote entire reports on their phones

so what faggot get off my dill

thats not how you imply things you idiot, you can't directly state you imply something. fuck you

>work in the living room
>sit on the couch
>watch tv
>lay back
>comfy af

Regrettably, I do have a job and leave the house for other reasons too.

I honestly prefer using laptops as often as I can because all of the peripherals are in one package, but can be supplemented if desired.

>none of you have jobs or even leave the house
1. Bullshit.
2. You can take a laptop with you wherever you are in the house.

>$300 "work oriented" computer
>none of you have jobs or even leave the house
I think you're projecting, user, otherwise you'd know that it takes more than $300 to make a machine that can properly handle large IDEs and big projects, 3D CAD, simulation, multitasking between multiple system-intensive applications, etc

mfw

Attached: 1399483634197.png (256x240, 127K)

I imply you're a weeb

Fuck you, nigger.

I can only lay in bed comfily with my laptop.

What the fuck is wrong with you.
Okay, well, $450. Not much of a different.

A professional CAD workstation will typically have something along these lines:
>NVidia Quadro P4000
>Xeon W-2133
>32GB+ Memory
>1TB SSD
Throw in the cost of power supply, and slice a bit off thanks to OEM bulk pricing, and you're looking at a few thousand.

Attached: 1530720375351.png (352x323, 52K)

For if I want to compute outside, at a friend's, on the couch, on my break at work, on a plane, in a car, on a train, etc.

Fuck you, I only have a laptop and no desktop. Enjoy your giant dust collector, faggot.

I know you never had a job because what workplace makes you use your own machine.

I bring my personal laptop to work all the time to use on break. Hell at my old job I brought my laptop to kill time on the clock

>getting a laptop just to use it around the house
ADHD autsimo maximus