Am I the only one who thinks that thinkpads look kind of boring?

Am I the only one who thinks that thinkpads look kind of boring?

I understand that they are business machines and not really meant to look flashy or trendy but most of them look like they were made in 1999 while other companies like Apple and HP moved away from black boxy laptop designs years ago.

Attached: x201key.jpg (770x433, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

viewer.zmags.com/publication/69081166#/69081166/1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You might have a leg to stand on if Apple and HP made good laptops.

True but design-wise, I find something like this HP laptop to be more attractive than the thinkpad in the original picture even though the thinkpad is the newer laptop.

Attached: hp-dm3.jpg (468x312, 35K)

>I understand that they are business machines and not really meant to look flashy or trendy
You just answered your own questions
>thinkpads look kind of boring
I wouldn't have it any other way.

that's because they are, dumbass

I don't want some gay ass "pretty" laptop. I want a basic fucking black box that is comfortable and does what I need it to.

To whom it may concern,

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like. "Boring" has nothing to do with it, fairy. Heh, I smirked the entire time I had my assistant write this.

- Anonymous

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-07-07 at 1.07.32 AM.png (387x387, 291K)

>companies like Apple and HP moved away from black boxy laptop designs years ago

Apple laptops are plain aluminum slabs with almost zero design (seemingly).

>implying the X1 Carbon isn't the sexiest laptop ever created

that thing is hideous

Attached: lenovo-thinkpad-x1-carbon-gen6-alexa4pc.jpg (1116x567, 53K)

Chinkpads are for poor hipsters who can't afford crapintoshes.

nah, they have a very materialistic look

Attached: file.png (1200x868, 634K)

Thinkpads aren't meant to impress college girls that you're trying to look good for while you sit at Starbucks and sip your daily moccacino and pretend to work.

Attached: sceptical.jpg (580x435, 31K)

No, that's the fruit worship idiots with crapintoshes.

Put a picture of a clown on your laptop if you want to be amused by it.
Laptops are supposed to be functional. Those faggy designs are everything but.

Panasonic>Think pad≥>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>precisions>>>>>>>>>>HP and other consumer trash>>>>>toys like macbooks

Attached: rz6_02.jpg (637x500, 23K)

>No trackpoint

Attached: trash man.jpg (948x711, 71K)

Yes, you are the only one. The special one! The chosen one!

>moccacino
More like cockcacino

you can always get a flashy laptop instead. the boxy shape looks cool to me, like a folding sub machine gun.

I'd rather have a black rectangle desktop than a gamer RGBlgbt LEDs and stupid angles/fins.

Just like I want a utilitarian styled business laptop.

Fuck off with your limp wristed laptops that would break if you bent them too hard.

No one is forcing you to use them so fuck off.

Trump confirmed thinkpad user.

this.

every laptop other than the last gen of macbook pro is a fucking ugly piece of shit

I actually like how thinkpads look. No flashy gay bullshit, no plastic meant to look like brushed aluminum, no unnecesary curves, no looking like a toy. Just pure usability and ergonomics.

A large chunk of modern nomie midrange laptops are macbook clones.

I don't fucking care what my computer looks like, I want latest gen CPU and newest components. And Shitpad isn't that.

Shitpad = poor

Librebooted memepads are the last usable notebooks with a 4:3 screen.

What is going on with that fucking hinge. I like the Thinkpad design because it's simple, practical and not an abomination like whatever the fuck is in that picture.

That's the battery.

I'd rather just have the battery stick out than have to look at that shit

>he doesn't know that stealth power is the way to go

its similar to how only a fool flaunts his wealth, while someone who genuinely has money doesn't want others to know that

paying less than 200 for PURE POWER is better than buying a silver plastic contraption with an apple on it

If you don't find this deisgn "good looking" you're probably gay

Attached: csm_Thinkpad_T460_06_ppt0_47eb6c2917.jpg (1920x1147, 334K)

It's to go along with the lackluster hardware underneath.

I've yet to see one good looking laptop in my life. "Modern" minimalistic macbook/lookalikes look like shit and the blocky thinkpads are sort of average. G4m3r laptops usually look ridiculous.
Maybe it's just the two flat pane design that's a turn off?

What are you talking about? They look great. It's sleek, minimal and utilitarian. There is absolutely nothing wrong with straight edges and square corners. Not everything has to be a fucking oval.

PURE POWER from +5 years ago

Disgusting.

I do like design of some laptops more than Thinkpad like some models of Panasonic but that HP does not look good.

they look fine to me
basic black
boxy
magnesium allow endoskel
modifiable
easy to repair on one's own
good heat modulation
plenty of control inputs and connectors

that will burn itself to death under normal use

i like the old T60 design

they look badass, off yourself soiboi

It's not supposed to look pretty dumb dumb, that's the point, it's made to get shit done. If you want a status symbol get one of those meme super thin laptops with zero I/O and watch band hinges.

Attached: Hinge_low_res_2_600_343_c1.jpg (600x343, 86K)

Trackpoint is outdated and inferior to trackpads, deal nerd

>lenovo shape keys
juck

>He wants to have to take his fingers off home row to use the mouse

Attached: brainlet.png (645x729, 77K)

>needing to use the mouse and type at the same time

What's the usage case for such a bizarre need?

viewer.zmags.com/publication/69081166#/69081166/1

muh ergonomics

Then why don't you take the same issue with using a mouse and keyboard on a desktop?

>You need Adobe Flash Player 10 or newer in order to view this publication.

I was gonna give you a proper answer but apparently you have zero taste aren't worth giving a serious answer

You're expecting too much from a refined form factor. A laptop is a laptop is a laptop is a laptop is a laptop. No matter how many vents and curves and lights and shapes you tack on, it's still a fucking folding box.

personally I like the chinkshit laptops with no labels or branding anywhere
I'm probably going to fall for the $300 chinkbook meme any day now

The beauty of a tool its the usefulness it haves, a flashy mac or any other laptop its as ugly as a hammer made of gold, its useless and more flashy than it should be.

The thinkpad its beautiful exactly because that "basic" look, it reminds us its a mere tool, a bunch of electronics, it doesnt try to trick us in this "commodity fetish" other brands have.

t. guy who thinks computer hardware/software is important for social signaling
thinkpad owners in a nutshell

>Am I the only one who pays more attention to what something looks like on the outside than how useful it actually is?

FTFY

Bitch.

a thinkpad has more ports and is cheaper on hardware
if the apple cult didn't exist there would be no thinkpad cult it's just there needs to be an us vs them

>thinkpad owners in a nutshell
Thinkpads are the laptop that Jow Forums thinks the Macbook is.
It shouts "I bought this thing because everyone I know has one".

Attached: Sheep.jpg (534x400, 61K)

sounds like you have never used a mac to develop software.
nothing beats it

>Lenovo chiclet keys
no thank you.

X1C6 master race

Honest question, are you a cock sucking faggot? Maybe Apple is more your speed, they have emoji.

Attached: 439A67C3-2464-4064-AC65-8A269790C555.jpg (1280x720, 51K)

Too bad the spec isn't that great. And track point is missing. With both, it would be a perfect machine

I didn't buy one yet. Show me one okay laptop, w/ min 4 gigs of RAM, 4:3 screen and under 150 bucks. I swear to god if you manage to find one I'll buy that instead of an X61.

looks alright, except for;
- no trackpoint
- flat keys

>what is docking
>what is Synergy