AMD literally gave away ZEN and EPYC to China

AMD literally gave away ZEN and EPYC to China...

m.guancha.cn/tieliu/2017_07_20_419097.shtml

HAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAH

>Hygon "Dhyana" processors are so similar to AMD's EPYC processors that Linux kernel developers have listed vendor IDs and family series numbers as the only difference. In fact, Linux maintainers have simply ported over the EPYC support codes to the Dhyana processor and note that they have successfully run the same patches on AMD's EPYC processors, implying there is little to no differentiation between the chips.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHA

Attached: 20170719155152397.jpg (600x400, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/news/china-zen-x86-processor-dryhana,37417.html
fool.com/investing/2018/07/07/is-intel-trying-to-hide-something.aspx
haaretz.com/jewish/dna-links-prove-jews-are-a-race-says-genetics-expert-1.5220113
reuters.com/article/us-imagntn-tchnlgs-m-a-cbfi/china-backed-fund-shunned-by-trump-to-buy-british-chip-maker-idUSKCN1BX2W2
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Gaede
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Hygon-Dhyana-AMD-China-CPUs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Neat, does this mean I can buy cheaper chips?

>>Hygon "Dhyana" processors are so similar to AMD's EPYC processors that Linux kernel developers have listed vendor IDs and family series numbers as the only difference.
that's what you get when you buy the IP faggot.
have you ever designed h/w from IPs?

>AMD stuck in a perpetual state of catch-up
Nothing new to see here, folks.

yup, just give away that x86 for a couple of cents
you have to be a fucking retard

>cheaper chink cpus that can still trash jewtel
so? seems nice to me

Except that they're ahead of shittel

>he doesn't know about the Chinese

>you have to be a fucking retard
that's what arm does.
that's what everybody who sells IP do.
You get some Arm IP licenses for a few millions of $$$ and Samsung and QC make several billions of $$$ each with those IPs.

Keep diverting, like this is about pootel, and not American IP being poached

>go to chinese university
>copy other peoples work
>still fail because answers are in english
fuck commies REEEEEEEEEEEE

How's that 28 core cpu going, schlomo? Is the 1770w chiller included in the box?

>China gets x86 for a couple of cents
>China now in lead
woops

FTFA
>The core intellectual property, technology and pricing are still firmly in the hands of AMD.

fucking idiots, don't even read the article.
OP confirmed FAGGOT.

Good, I'd rather have chinese than piece of shit jews, thank goodness intel is dying.

>t. mr trump
you used to love china, what happened? is it because you are unable to chink the chinks? hmm

Does this mean that I can't buy bag of threadrippers for 10 cents a piece from a back-alley 10nm fab in the Shenzhen market?

cont'd
This thread is sponsored by pic related.

Attached: merchant.png (620x306, 96K)

The goyim know

Attached: 1527629778452.jpg (679x758, 54K)

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

AYYMDPOORFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH

I bet AYYMD probably broke some US laws regarding technology transfers to China too

You know, I can tolerate a few antisemitic jabs here and there, but these posts certainly have no place in such a thread. You may be joking other times, but this here is clear bold racism! So go back to

OYYYY VEYYYY

Attached: 1487297768743.jpg (960x878, 125K)

>trying this hard to hide Intel shares loss

fool.com/investing/2018/07/07/is-intel-trying-to-hide-something.aspx

Attached: wisdom.jpg (960x800, 113K)

SHUT IT DOWN

No you won't see it happening.
And if you see it happening it will be in a few years on some 1st gen obsolete zen core and that's all.

You guys don't even know how IPs are distributed.
In the best case the chinese would be getting a black box verilog design which gets decoded and synthesized on the fly and don't actually having source code on their hands.
All major digital design programs have the option to use you private key to encode the source code and then it gets decoded only when it is synthesized to the final circuit.

Same shit can be done with s/w, but there you have binaries which means the same thing for the source code.

t. someone who works with Arm Altera Xilinx e.t.c. verilog libraries.

>You may be joking-
Nobody is joking, Shlomo.

Attached: 1515071438640.jpg (208x243, 10K)

I am never joking.
something smells like merchant business here.

Jews are not a race, friend. It may be cultural prejudice and it may be inappropriate, but it isn't racism. Meta discussions like this in any case aren't appropriate for Jow Forums.

>Jews are not a race
They are. haaretz.com/jewish/dna-links-prove-jews-are-a-race-says-genetics-expert-1.5220113

Holy fuck at all these instant responses on this dead board
If there are shills posting here, it seems pretty obvious who they are paid by

Until you find out there are spephardic and mizrahi jews too. Read more books

Trump is going to fuck AMD

He is already exposed and a complete worldwide joke.

Where do I get myself a cheap chink threadripper

Attached: 63D54360_B2CC_434C_9BF1_E266BC995EA5.jpg (1750x1020, 338K)

Only cucks care about IP

Wait so.
>China pays AMD billions to get the Zen blueprint
>Starts making AMD cpus cheaper than AMD ever could
>Reduces intel market share whilst still sharing similar architecture to AMD chips
>AMD Move on to making Zen2 which is a superset of Zen

Isnt this a win win? Less people locked into Intel specific op codes and more cheap CPUs for all.
Plus AMD now have more R+D money for Zen2 and Zen3 etc. which they can sell to the chinks down the road.

Also arent most intel chips built in china and therefore subject to trumps new trade tarrifs?

By offloading/licencing zen onto the chinese, AMD can avoid these tarrifs whilst developing the next 2 generations of chips. By which time trump will be out of office.

AMD will always be a generation ahead, this won't go into mass production until next year, when Zen2 comes.

China doesn't mind, they'll just make up for in quantity, megawatts are free there.
Also China doesn't have vendors on the level of HPE/DellEMC, so their ecosystem needs work.

All in all AMD gets money, US gets somewhat cucked, China gets their CPUs, everyone's happy!
Besides Intel I think.

Doesnt this also pave the way for china to have the largest supercomputer in existence by locally manufacturing cpus at scale? They could also position it somewhere cold like harbin so the heat output may not be so much of an issue.

>implying chinks can actually do anything with the IP
>implying its not more likely stock Ryzen rebranded

Chinese companies hate doing actual R&D.

>back-alley 10nm fab in the Shenzhen
The most advanced fabs in china are 28nm and its licensed tech from TSMC.

Not really, China's fabs aren't cutting edge like TSMC/GF and I already said they'll be using IP a generation or even older, those two together would roughly put China's licensed CPU around 40% less performant per chip than what AMD will sell in US.

You can make monster supercomputers with this, but not without making them way more enormous than EU/US/Japan ones.

Enjoy backdoor built in at hardware level connected back to chinese servers

Chinese act like jews as well they are no better

Tianenmen Square 1989
六四事件
Animal Farm

>Chinese backdoors

We don't read zerg runes, post link in english like God intended or fuck off.

I'm surprised the American government allowed this deal to happen. Why would they want China to catch up on decades of microprocessor research. When German chip manufacturer Aixtron was about to be sold to China America threatened to sanction the company to stop the deal from happening and this was just a dwarf compared to AMD.

Way better deal than the current hardware backdoor connected back to Israel everyone has.

>Why would they want China to catch up on decades of microprocessor research. When German chip manufacturer Aixtron was about to be sold to China America threatened to sanction the company to stop the deal from happening and this was just a dwarf compared to AMD.
The UK already let some chinese company buy Imgtec who then transfered MIPS to another Chinese company.

reuters.com/article/us-imagntn-tchnlgs-m-a-cbfi/china-backed-fund-shunned-by-trump-to-buy-british-chip-maker-idUSKCN1BX2W2

Here in Germany they allowed the robotics company Kuka to be sold to China. One of the most innovative German companies is now Chinese. They changed the laws to make such acquisitions harder but it's too late and not enough. China doesn't even hide what its goals are. In their "Made in China 2025" campaign they state that they want to become the leaders in many industries and one part of it is buying Know-how from other countries.

>campaign they state that they want to become the leaders in many industries and one part of it is buying Know-how from other countries.
It doesn't even make sense and will probably hamper native innovation

Butthurt le 56% prosemitic goyim
Intel is finished

They Licensed the chips to that government, not hard to figure out.

Company making these cpus is a AMD owned subsidiary, nice try shlomo

Attached: 1498021568453.jpg (406x406, 41K)

>just a subsidiary
Meanwhile, decades of IP theft by China using similar means

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Gaede

Didn't end very well for the last person that tried to steal x86

(((haaretz)))

Do you even China? They simply don't care about intellectual property.

Communists don't either, didn't keep them from getting btfo

No, but it means that you can buy x86 chips without NSA hw backdoors, but with chinese ones instead.

Your kiked up govt despises Germans so that's no surprise.

Who cares. Mummy Su got milkers.

I don't too... but I can use internet for my needs.

brainlet

Attached: .png (1253x213, 26K)

holy fuck i just noticed but when did google translate become somewhat coherent?

Attached: .png (1250x1123, 324K)

English French and English Chinese news translation are really good now thanks to recent advances in deep learning and ridiculously large corpora to train on.

Holy shit, expect them to get sued into oblivion by Intel. "Hygon" doesn't have an x86 license.

Way to link Chinese propaganda and not bother to read it.

x86 is traditional chinese processor discovered during the voyages of admiral Zheng He in the 1400's

Intel should respect China's territorial claims to the x86 processor architecture

t. Chinese logic

Attached: 1507329137977.gif (290x218, 981K)

And?

>having to choose between jew or chink overlords in the near future
How did our society reach this point?

Attached: 1526979783737.jpg (1280x720, 133K)

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

AYYMDPOORFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH

Sure with chinese backdoors included instead.

They literally own giant >40% stakes in all the companies.
They got around U.S policies and can rake in cash.

Besides I don't think China has the talent to develop anything better than something equivalent to Zen+.
Once Zen 2 and the intel equivalent comes out their chips will be obsolete.

Literally neural net translators.

Oh no CIAniggers are advising against chink botnet

Everyone in the thread is missing the point, China is still aiming to achieve independence in this area, doing so would probably hurt amds and Intel's profits, egro both are now competing to squeeze as much as they can before China start retaking their own home turf, and this article seems to indicate AMD is far more aware of this than Intel is, although that isn't to say Intel doesnt have their own attempts

Look up that intel-spreadtrum joint effort CPU for Intel's side of things.

Attached: lrNHGbS.png (1400x5552, 946K)

THATS A WOMAN?!

don't be silly

No bulli.

Attached: gWyrS-2a_400x400.jpg (400x400, 17K)

no that's mummy

I WANT TO LICK MOMMY LISA'S FEET!

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Hygon-Dhyana-AMD-China-CPUs
>This deal was announced back in May and paid out $293 million to AMD for using their intellectual property.
They licensed design. Who cares?

lol'd

Chinks are the kikes of Asia.

BOTNET WARS

These are not allowed to be exported out of china and AMD reaps the profits anyways without having to lift a finger.
>inturds buttblasted that AMD gets to sell chips to the chinks but they can't

>chink detected
>spend years paying engineers to develop something
>gets stolen
>haha who cares get over it!
Sounds like you're the cuck chinaman. Day of the unzipping when

>He thinks AMDrones on this board even own modern AMD hardware to begin with.
You were arguing with NEETs who own bulldozer shitboxes and athlons all along OP.

Western governments need to stop the chinks from buying everything.

Intel cucks and brandname-faggotlets caused this. It's their fault AMD didn't have enough cash to survive between 2014-2017.

They can go ahead and buy "know how" for (relatively) short term competition. Buying someone else's progress, though, is no replacement for your lack of ingenuity.

Die in a house fire nonfree shill.

Jesus fucking christ, shit like riscv can't come soon enough.