LG embarrasses with OLED burn-in at SID tradeshow

OLED BTFO!

zdnet.com/article/lg-embarrasses-with-oled-burn-in-at-tradeshow/

LG Electronics' OLED TV on display at a prestigious industry tradeshow had shown signs of prominent burn-in, ZDNet has learned.

At the SID Display Week 2018 in May at Los Angeles Convention Center, LG's OLED TV and Samsung Electronics' QLED TV were displayed in tandem by Nanosys, a quantum dot developer, at its booth.

The OLED TV was a 65-inch 2017-model purchased by Nanosys only two to three weeks prior to the event at a third-party store.

The TV was turned on for eight hours a day during the tradeshow and showed signs of burn-in at its top right corner immediately on May 22, the first day of the three-day tradeshow, according to multiple eye witnesses.

On the second day of the show, the problem became more noticeable and the Familytime logo that was on display was left permanently at the top right corner, they said.

Attached: OLED BURN.jpg (4048x3036, 2.63M)

oh my

>OLED BTFO!
more like
LG BTFO!

why would a company subject themselves to this shameful display (pun intended) of tech?

That's actually really really bad. I was thinking of purchasing a new 4k OLED TV from them, too.

thats really bad

I love oled but this is putting me of from buying one for a bit.

I want a Sony, but there oleds use LG panels, once they start making their own panels.

kys oled shill

>t. lg marketing rep

Get a JVC or LG

LG is known for making awful displays, I'm not surprised.

That's so fucking genius I think they're trying to sabotage OLED for all manufacturers so they can release MicroLED's first.
OLED is literally jewing them hard on parents,royalties, supplies/materials, and IP.
I think they want to finally kill OLED

Attached: file.png (1232x881, 225K)

oled is garbage. i hope that they make better screen tech soon that can be used in computer displays too.

they all suck. you cant even have a menu open for a while without destroying the panel. its only useful for movies and watching shitty tv channels.

Retina Macbook Pro doesn't have this problem

Apple can literally do no wrong, am I right?!

>day trader

no

I don't day trade?

based ichimoku cloud poster

Your chart is oversaturated with indicators. How can you even read this shit?

What is wrong with a edge lit led lcd? Not even meming. With normal ambient lighting, black levels are not a concern.

It is literally impossible for an OLED to exhibit permanent screen burn after eight hours of usage. You'd need to be a complete cretin with no understanding of how the technology works and what causes the "burn in" (which is actually burn out) to believe that. It was temporary image retention that would have been gone after the TV's next automatic compensation cycle (performed when it's in standby).

>With normal ambient lighting
Who the fuck wants to watch movies in a brightly lit room? I watch movies at night in a pitch black room and LCDs are absolutely disgusting to look at in that environment. I'm still rocking my Pioneer Kuro PDP-LX5090 plasma and will do until it dies. LCD was a fucking mistake.

Its just 2 what are you talking about?
Cloud and Bollinger.

Why not use a projector then?

OLED BTFO

That sucks. I've owned my LG 55" oled for two years now. Never had any issues.

Plasma for the win, I fear the day my Panasonic plasma will die, the 6000hz refresh rate simply stomp all over lcd's.

I might just have to replace it with a projector

>smear some marker on an OLED screen to cause millions in defamation damage

Hey, I like that idea

This happens because retarded sales reps pull the TV from mains overnight and it can't regen/auto compensate the panel. This happens a lot at electronics shops btw.

LG BTFO

This does not make any sense since LG is pro-OLED.

> once they start making their own panels.
Every OLED display will get a burn-in on a static image, that's how it works.

Why don't manufacturers put some discreet batteries in their TVs? They have to know that people might do this, no?

I never understood how to read ichimoku clouds :(

I got a Panasonic Viera from a thrift store and I'm really proud of it.

IPS MASTER RACE