Is it true that in the US internships are unpaid?

Is it true that in the US internships are unpaid?

Attached: 1530997065620.png (640x640, 596K)

no, that's not true

obsessed

It's partially true, only the retards take unpaid internships. These are the ones who barely got through school; aren't in demand.

They took the internship for no to little pay because the last 4 years in school would have been a waste otherwise.

spotted neet.

Shut the fuck up, you spoiled child. You should be grateful you get an opportunity to gain work experience.

Yes many are. Nowadays there are less since it is frowned upon. Most are paid now.

unpaid internships also exist in Europe

t. european who did one

Holy shit, even in my shithole country internships are paid.

Attached: TzyMJJF.gif (332x332, 1.44M)

They're illegal in the US if unpaid

Attached: tfwnogf.jpg (800x800, 40K)

It's not against the law. But every Jow Forums related internship is paid. Anyone who does an unpaid internship has no one to blame but themselves.

Attached: 1483126059939.jpg (1080x1080, 180K)

> I will never have this qt as a gf

Oh well she is a social media hoe anyways. . .

Attached: 1490116553430.jpg (768x960, 142K)

They might as well be.

Employers get around labor laws by paying you minimum wage and giving you more work than any human could complete. You work your ass off, get paid enough to eat a hamburger a day if that, and do the work of lazy faggots who are full time.

Why the fuck would anyone do this? Well, I probably got a year's worth of experience in my given field in a month. I'm serious. I saw more variety than I ever have at a "real" job. In a way I miss it.

But I averaged Mexican slave labor wages, but I didn't give a fuck since it really was an investment in my future.

>>>/reddit/

but that place is full of normalfags that have gfs

"Unpaid" is a really big misnomer. Internships are an opportunity to earn a position that will reap rewards based on how much effort and how productive the intern is.

Problem is that millennial are quite pathetic on average and don't want to make any commitments because they want their just desserts NOW!

Internships will be a fraction of time compared to your entire career so why bother worrying if you're paid now? I mean what kind of expenses does a 20 year old have? No paid internships are a joke and only attract the worst people to your company from my experience.

ask Monica Lewinski

>she

Some of them, yes

You won't have that problem if you apply to companies that are not startups and have been around for a while

What industry?