I finished sicp today

I finished the C book before too. now what?

I have my eyes on Intro to algs.
or Concrete math.
or domain driven design.

I am not interested in memes that will die out.

Attached: shrek.jpg (353x334, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cs.cmu.edu/~213/
csapp.cs.cmu.edu/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Take your C knowledge.
Install Gentoo.

I've already fell for the gentoo meme before. I am pretty happy using debian and getting stuff done.

Arch, unironically.

Read the GCC manual

Learn SFML.
Possibly get into game dev with it.
Or maybe software development and you'll have GUI skill too.

>waste time installing linux distros

Alright, I am cracking open Intro to algs... This is one big text book. Wish me luck. See you guys in about a couple months.

Definitely Intro to Algos. Then maybe GoF Design Patterns if you plan on doing software engineering.

I was looking at GoF Design patterns. I actually read the Head First Design patterns book a while back too. I'll do that GoF book after Intro to Algs.

enjoy your life as a jobless NEET wizard.

Intro to algs is good

From MIT's website for the Intro to algs course:

A strong understanding of programming and a solid background in discrete mathematics, including probability, are necessary prerequisites to this course.

For MIT Students, this course is the header course for the MIT/EECS Engineering Concentration of Theory of Computation. You are expected to have taken 6.001 Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs and 6.042J / 18.062J Mathematics for Computer Science, and received a grade of C or higher in both classes. If you do not meet these requirements, you must talk to a TA before registering for the course.

so do concrete math first

>SFML
if this is what I found on google lmao at people that can't write several lines of boilerplate code for each part they need to interface to.

do ambiguous math before you learn discrete math desu

Start making actual programs instead of reading books by "smrt ppl"
No artist has ever learned how to draw by reading fucking books

Get a job and learn how to code for real would be a good next step.

> in about a couple months.
Hahah, good luck user :D

from what I've gathered through a quick google search, Intro to algs is more like an encyclopedia / dictionary for common algos with complexity analysis.

it's not something you read cover to cover imho

cs.cmu.edu/~213/
csapp.cs.cmu.edu/
knowledge of computer architecture is more important that knowing how to traverse a binary meme

Fedora and openSUSE Tumbleweed are both objectively better than Arch.

how long did that take for you?
man I wish I had your drive.. good luck to you.

there are corresponding lectures on MIT OpenCourseWare if you like spoken lectures more

>before summer
>no mention of SICP
>ironic gentoo users
>during summer
>reddit friends coming in and reading SICP and unironically installing gentoo trying to fit in and then asking for validation
same shit every year

Attached: 1528886518135.jpg (400x534, 200K)

Is this the ubermensh who will save programming

>I am not interested in memes that will die out.
>read SICP
uhh

people who unironically code in C are the equivalence of le wrong generation kids on youtube